Attn: Everglades W68 and other lawbreakers - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attn: Everglades W68 and other lawbreakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn: Everglades W68 and other lawbreakers

I am starting a new topic about this because I don't want to hijack any other topics.

Everglades--I noticed this quote in your sig:

Funny how a Cop/Judge can make you pay for a mess up where no one was hurt/involved. Not like they payed for the toe truck. Not like i held up traffic. I hurt nothing.
    This is absolutely absurd.

You are stating that you should only be punished for a crime/misdoing if someone was hurt. This logic is incorrect. Society's duty is to punish someone if someone might have been hurt.

By your logic, if you do 150 mph through a school zone, as long as you don't kill anyone then its okay.

By your logic, if you fire an assault rifle in a crowded supermarket, as long as the bullets do not hit anyone and they cause no damage to the surrounding merchandise then its okay.

By your logic, if you willingly buy drugs from a willing seller, as long as both of you are satisfied with the transaction and there is no double-crossing no one else is hurt, so it must be okay.

People are not punished for hurting other people. They are punished in advance before they have the ability to hurt other people. This is why people who get three DUI's without wrecking or killing anyone end up in jail... society knows it is only a matter of time before this person DOES wreck and kill someone. Its called a "victimless crime", and there are plenty of them.

Don't be stupid and break the law and you won't have problems. I hate the government and the concept of a police state much more than the average Joe yet I don't get harassed/arrested/ticketed every day. Its just common sense to "stay out of trouble".

P.S. And while we're talking about sigs, yes, I do believe the children are the future, because I work for a corporation in the education sector and I'm just such a model citizen.

[ July 31, 2004, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: Stefan ]

I am starting a new topic about this because I don't want to hijack any other topics.

Everglades--I noticed this quote in your sig:

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny how a Cop/Judge can make you pay for a mess up where no one was hurt/involved. Not like they payed for the toe truck. Not like i held up traffic. I hurt nothing.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is absolutely absurd.

You are stating that you should only be punished for a crime/misdoing if someone was hurt. This logic is incorrect. Society's duty is to punish someone if someone might have been hurt.

By your logic, if you do 150 mph through a school zone, as long as you don't kill anyone then its okay.

By your logic, if you fire an assault rifle in a crowded supermarket, as long as the bullets do not hit anyone and they cause no damage to the surrounding merchandise then its okay.

By your logic, if you willingly buy drugs from a willing seller, as long as both of you are satisfied with the transaction and there is no double-crossing no one else is hurt, so it must be okay.

People are not punished for hurting other people. They are punished in advance before they have the ability to hurt other people. This is why people who get three DUI's without wrecking or killing anyone end up in jail... society knows it is only a matter of time before this person DOES wreck and kill someone. Its called a "victimless crime", and there are plenty of them.

Don't be stupid and break the law and you won't have problems. I hate the government and the concept of a police state much more than the average Joe yet I don't get harassed/arrested/ticketed every day. Its just common sense to "stay out of trouble".

P.S. And while we're talking about sigs, yes, I do believe the children are the future, because I work for a corporation in the education sector and I'm just such a model citizen.
    [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]

By the way Stefan, I'm not a "lawbreaker," I just like pushing the limits to an extent or "feeling the line" It's my nature, and yes, I know it's bad, but at times, and at times is good.

And honestly, no offense/underminding, but I think you're taking this a little too far/looking too much into it. Looking at it from my POV, I don't hear people complaining about breaking the law, I hear them complaining about how ridiculous some of the cops can be. We all know that there are corrupt cops, and that they can push their power in a way, just because they are having a bad day, where you can't do anything about it. And that's just the way it is and you have to live with or go to court. But just being in that situation/being the one on the other side SUCKS! I don't think that anyone has mentioned something like this, but its like; a cop pulls you over for a blown out taillight. He's having a bad day, or sees that you're some "punk looking kid in a fast looking car" and wants to teach you a lesson or push his feelings on you. So he could put you down for an illegal lane change, or running a stop sign, or whatever, cuz you have no proof against it. I know I'm exaggerating, but it proves my point, like your exaggeration on going 100+ mph in a school zone situation.

But like I said before, I DO TAKE RESPONSIBILTY for my ticket(s). I just ranted last time because I was pissed, and you can't tell me you're pissed after getting a ticket. Plus I like pushing the limits...so that's another reason I can take responsibilty.

Overall, I know this wasn't a personal attack on me, but I have the freedom to voice my opinion. I do respect your opinion and your views, and the fact that you are wiser cause you're older and more experienced. And....I agree with what you posted. [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] :)
    <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six</a> </b><br /><br />1998 Sport Metallic Gold Firebird A4:<br /><br />Whisper Lid, 5% Limo Tint, 30th Anniversary Side Stripes, 3\" Borla Catback Dual Exhaust, Man Fan Switch, SLP CAI<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/98goldbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/98goldbird</a>

Comment

I think you're blowing it way out of proportion.
      <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Im pretty sure thats what i said when i was *****ing about my ticket. Hes probably being a gay *** and dragging it on. Because everyone knows i cant drive worth a ****. Yep thats directly from me. I guess im the "law breaker". Everglades has apparently never had a wreck and is perfect. I think this board needs a 40 Years + for "perfectionists" like hisself. Never get tired of old timers puttin down teenagers.

Also that quote i was pretty mad at the time. I still dont think its right to be fined/license may be tooken away for what happened.

[ August 01, 2004, 02:56 AM: Message edited by: SirShaun ]
        1994 Arctic White Camaro T-Tops(all options except leather)<br />80 Series Flowmaster Muffler<br />Ebay Cold Air Intake<br />Earthquake in the back known as a Kicker Solo Baric 15 L7<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sirshaun\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/sirshaun</a>

Comment

You should not be punished for attempting to do a crime. Only if you are cought, and the punish ment should be twice as much.

Comment

For those of you who dont know. I said that famous quote after i was ticketed with "Failure to Maintain proper control" when mom's lumina hydroplaned. The Lumina was coming around on left turned wheel a lil to left came completely around on me to right and slid easily as can be into a ditch. I go to court Aug 24th and its a possibility i will lose my license. Yes i know it was my fault for those of you who want to yell and say it was my fault. I apparently took the turn too fast. Im used to driving the camaro. Camaro was clean and thought i would take the lumina instead. Lumina made it out without a scratch me and friend made it out without a scratch. Now thanks to the ticket and loving state of Virginia, insurance might drop parents,i may lose license, and a nicely thought of fine will occur. Also my first post about this was to get advice for court and what/might happen. Will i lose license or no? Mostly what i got was "grown ups" with there noses turned up telling me how bad of a driver/person i am.Any court advice/info on these cases will be greatly appreciated.
            1994 Arctic White Camaro T-Tops(all options except leather)<br />80 Series Flowmaster Muffler<br />Ebay Cold Air Intake<br />Earthquake in the back known as a Kicker Solo Baric 15 L7<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sirshaun\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/sirshaun</a>

Comment

did you or did you not lose control of your vehicle Y or N?

it doesn't matter whose fault it was, if it's on accident, if you were receiving head while it was happening.. IF YOU ANSWERED YES, YOU BROKE THE LAW!

plan and fecking simple

waa waa I'm a little teeny bopper and the big bad grown ups are picking on me.. grow a d1ck Alice
              ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

For the sake of Everglades who probably hasn't seen this post yet, here's what he ACTUALLY had to say to shaun about the subject:

"With all due respect to you, this may be the best possible outcome. As long as you think that you have done nothing wrong or you think you are somehow a "victim," then you have not learned from your mistake and you still pose a danger to yourself and others. Your posts here demonstrate you still have not learned the full lesson. Hopefuly the day in court or loss of your license will help enlighten you."

just posting so no one thinks he's an a-hole because of stefans post when he actually had something constructive to say about the situation :rolleyes:
                <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

Comment

Sir Shaun, i was reading your original post when it first happened, and i agree with your reiterated point of

"Also my first post about this was to get advice for court and what/might happen. Will i lose license or no? Mostly what i got was "grown ups" with there noses turned up telling me how bad of a driver/person i am.Any court advice/info on these cases will be greatly appreciated"

and your post was , to me, an acceptable form to ask for advise. and it DID get blown out of porportion a bit by many ppl. i am siding with NO ONE specfically here. you knew you were wrong . and admitted it in a round about way. the ppl who came down on you were, for the most part, older. i have been driving for 8.5 years and wisdom, what little i have, only comes with experience.
                  you ARE young and therefore are looked upon differently by older folks.

there are those, i have noticed, on this site that are very quick to "bash" someone or judge them or be incredibly cocky and arrogant, but thats just ppl in life, we are all that way at some point. so we all must deal with it

so ... good luck to you Sir Shaun in your legal troubles, and learn now from your mistakes

there im done preacing here!
                  92 25th rally sport garage baby, 97 30th rally sport, 01 camaro garage baby. obsessive compulsive camaro fan. id rather push a camaro then drive a rice burner.

Comment

Uhm, am I the only one that thinks Everglades W68 was being humorous/constructive with his sig?
                    I don't think he meant it from him personally, YET, from how some people react when they get a sitation (They seem to look at it as if they did nothing wrong since noone was hurt thus they don't deserve it).
                    ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

Originally posted by SirShaun:
                      For those of you who dont know. I said that famous quote after i was ticketed with "Failure to Maintain proper control" when mom's lumina hydroplaned. The Lumina was coming around on left turned wheel a lil to left came completely around on me to right and slid easily as can be into a ditch.
                      Originally posted by SirShaun:
                      I still dont think its right to be fined/license may be tooken away for what happened.
                      Dude and you still haven't learned to take responsiblity for the actions you have caused. Im not perfect, neither are you, but some things are done for the better and not for the worse. It took me 4 speeding tickets and 6 warings to finally realize I shouldn't be driving so severely aggressive, I learned my lesson but I wonder what will it take you to realize that, maybe a car accident. Sorry man, just hope everything works out for you. [img]graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
                      Actually you should reread what whiteshark posted about Everglades, I completely agree w/ them both.
                      ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

Stefan,

Whiteshark and pontiac nino are correct. I don't condone irresponsible driving.

I was trying, albeit in a blunt manner, to try to remind people of the original posting. I believe I've partially succeeded, because the topic of responsible driving is being brought up again.

With that, I've now changed my sig.

[ August 01, 2004, 08:02 AM: Message edited by: Everglades W68 ]
                        I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                        CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                        FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

All's well that ends well. :D

:cool:
                          <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/red69falcon/\" target=\"_blank\">1969 Falcon</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/81706526iUXWli\" target=\"_blank\">1972 Harley & Misc. Project Pics</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.geoci

Comment

Why did you find it necessary to post this on a public site? Why did you not just e-mail him and ask him to take it down?

[ August 01, 2004, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Fredless ]
                            -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

Stefan is a good guy, Im sure that he'll apologize for this debacle....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X