Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABH:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 4thgenowner:
    Well tuesday I called a dealer about a 93 Z and I would be there saturday with the payment in full so don't sell it. Well I got there today and they f*cking sold it!

Of course they sold it!!! Did you really expect them to hold it from Tues to Sat based on a phone call???? Are you THAT naive?

Any salesman worth his salt would sell it to the first person who puts up the money.
    </font>[/QUOTE]That's total bullsh*t.
    IF YOU CAN'T GET THERE UNTIL SATURDAY there is something called "customer loyalty" where a decent salesman will try to take care of you.

I couldn't go pick up the firehawk I wanted to buy until the weekend, because it was in Arizona, my dad was coming down so we could drive there together, and it was sold the Wednesday or Thursday before I went. I had even paid the 50 or 60 or 70 bucks, whatever it was, to sell my car on autotrader, it was SOLD, and I was going to get the car. Then I had to tell that poor kid that he couldn't buy my car because my car was sold out from under me and he was pretty upset. He thought I was selling it to somebody else for more money, because he offerend me $500 less than what I had it listed for ($8k instead of $8500).

A good salesman will at least let you know there is other interest in the car...
    Not just sell it out from underneath you. That says to me, "I am a scumbag who is hard-up for the commission off this sale, so I am going to f*ck this guy over and waste his time by selling it to this other person here."
    <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Ok, well I have an appointment at 6 to checkout a 95 Z so well see how that goes.
      1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

I ca understadn your frustration. Maybe it is for the best. Sometimes when you want a specific car very badly, it turns out later (when you discover the car is not perfect) that you wished you had looked around a little more.
        I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
        CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
        FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Don't buy from a dealer, there are tons of f-bodies for sale from private parties on message boards like this. Much better savings.
          <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

Originally posted by 95Batmobile:

That's total bullsh*t.
            IF YOU CAN'T GET THERE UNTIL SATURDAY there is something called "customer loyalty" where a decent salesman will try to take care of you.

[/QB]
            Now that is bull****

No, a good salesman will sell it to the first person who has the money. You don't have the money, you don't get the car. Why is that such a difficult concept?

Why would any saleman say to the guy who wants to buy it, "I'm sorry. Someone made a phone call and wants to buy it on Saturday."? The guy would be fired in five minutes.

Nobody who makes their living selling cars will blow off anybody who wants to buy a car on Tuesday because someone calls and says he will buy it Saturday.

A decent car salesman will take care of you if you have the green. Otherwise you are not worth their time.

Comment

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 95Batmobile:

That's total bullsh*t.

Now that is bull****

No, a good salesman will sell it to the first person who has the money. You don't have the money, you don't get the car. Why is that such a difficult concept?

Why would any saleman say to the guy who wants to buy it, "I'm sorry. Someone made a phone call and wants to buy it on Saturday."? The guy would be fired in five minutes.

Nobody who makes their living selling cars will blow off anybody who wants to buy a car on Tuesday because someone calls and says he will buy it Saturday.

A decent car salesman will take care of you if you have the green. Otherwise you are not worth their time. [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]Yup... read again.
              "I am a scumbag who is hard-up for the commission off this sale, so I am going to f*ck this guy over and waste his time by selling it to this other person here."
              <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

you dont want a 93 z28 though
                Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

"I am a scumbag who is hard-up for the commission off this sale, so I am going to f*ck this guy over and waste his time by selling it to this other person here."
                  [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]Nonsense. Guy makes a phone call instead of going into the dealer and plunking down money.
                  Don't sell cars for a living do you.

Comment

</font>[/QUOTE]Nonsense. Guy makes a phone call instead of going into the dealer and plunking down money.
                    Don't sell cars for a living do you. [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]Obviously not.
                    I do not like car salesmen very much.. every one I've been to, with the exception of 1 (out of about 8), hasn't been very nice or honest.
                    Even my friend, who has been a salesman since he was 17, quit from the Honda dealership he was working at because they wanted him to straight up lie to the customers.
                    It is rare when you find a car salesman who will treat you RIGHT, instead of treating you like a means to an end.

Comment

Well I checked out the 95 and it was a POS. The guy was extremely honest about the cars. I looked at the 98 Z and it is spotless except for a dent under the passenger door, runs like new, spotless interior. Going to the bank tomorrow! [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]
                      1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

YES! I found my tag off my old 93! Save me some money there!

Comment

I just say don't ever get emotionally attached to any car you plan on buying, it will only mean trouble. And you got attached to the car so now your mad.

I always look at it like if they will not cooperate with me and come to my terms then they can sell it to some other sucker. And I'll find another one because they are out there and you'll find your percect car.

Thats pretty cheap for a 98 Z28 from a deal, definatly check that car out. Its rare here in oklahoma to see a 3.8 for that cheap that isnt wrecked!

BUT THATS CHEAP FOR A Z! DAM! I payed $11 for my 01'

I tried to run a car fax but my account expired last Tuesday :(

CARFAX -

VIN: 2G1FP22G4W2143027
                          Year/Make/Model: 1998 CHEVROLET CAMARO Z28
                          Body Style: Coupe
                          Engine Type: 5.7L V8 PFI OHV ALUM
                          Manufactured In: CANADA
                          Search Results: 12 records found in our database
                          2001 V6 Camaro - VTEC Badged, Abbott Racing Heads Sticker, and Loud A$$ Exhaust<br /><br /><b>BUILT NOT BOUGHT</b><br /><br />14.0 @ 96.44 MPH (Street Tires, Before Tranny)<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X