reality tv going too far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reality tv going too far

i was watching FX and i see several commercials for this http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/orig...hite/main.html two families switch races, i dont know exactly what i think of this, but i think tv is going a little far with this
    yes
    75.00%
    No
    25.00%
    Undecided
    0.00%

these reality tv shows are bull**** and come up with some of the stupidest ideas
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Yes, I think they went to far. But its all about ratings, and thats what they're getting.
      -Rick<br /><br />Bright White \'95 Firebird Convertible 3.4L A4 - Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back, Zexel Torsen Posi-traction, Black Checkered Stripes, Clear Corners, Misc. Appearance Mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2077741\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2077741</a> <br /><br />AIM ID: AxSlane

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
        these reality tv shows are bull**** and come up with some of the stupidest ideas
        -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

is reality tv stupid and a waste of airtime? yes.

is it going to far? no

all participants are willing, all viewers are willing, they arnt going to far.

dont like it? offended by it? just dont watch it
          RedlineVSix

Comment

i'm not offended by it, i just think they are just going down the wrong path, and they will offend most of their viewers, or maybe i am completely wrong and they will raise awarness of racism and change people, but regardless i dont really think that is their place

Comment

Its the same as some post on a forum, if you don't like it don't watch it. I actually think this is an interesting concept, taking a white man and making him black, and vice versa. This show might actually be interesting. Some of the stuff out there though is just plan bleh.
              Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

I agree that this could be an interesting idea. An author did it many years ago and wrote a good book, I believe titled "Black Like Me".

But, with Fox doing it, it won't be. They'll play it for cheap thrills.

There was a cable show ("30 Days") on briefly that did an excellent job of something like this. They took one or two people and had them live for a month in a different culture.

A Christian with strong beliefs lived and worshipped with Muslims.

Two New York yuppies lived on a rural commune that grew their own food, generated their own energy, and recycled their own wastes.

A (very) straight guy roomed and went out to bars with a gay guy in San Francisco.

A rich guy and his girlfriend worked low level service jobs.

I was sorry to see it go, although I could see that there were just so many situations that would be interesting.
                2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

i dunno its seems interesting, and i think they might actually take a decent approach to it to talk about hidden prejudice. idunnno i read a article about it a few months back and i was clicking around a few weeks ago and they had the ppl that participated in it on oprah talking about how life was so differnt. so i guess we gotta wait and see.
                  JpX

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X