My Mechanic P1ssed Me Off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mechanic P1ssed Me Off...

I need a few things done to my car, total for labor from my usual shop right around $600 or so. I didnt have all of the money this morning to get it towed so i called my mechanic and asked him if he would cover the tow and i would reinburse him when i go pick up the car.

His reply, "No we dont have any money here, We dont do that here, youll have to find a way to pay for it because we dont do that here"

He lost a customer today as well as $600, so as of now im looking for a new mechanic.

well.. im not taking any sides but you cant place blame fully on him... You should maybe look into AAA or something.
    96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

This is why you work on your car yourself ;)
      <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

he lost a customer just b/c he wouldnt cover towing expenses? did he ever say or do anything that would make you assume he would cover them?
        RedlineVSix

Comment

Originally posted by 95fbirdkid:
          he lost a customer just b/c he wouldnt cover towing expenses? did he ever say or do anything that would make you assume he would cover them?
          I didnt want him to cover towing expenses, i told him i would reinvourse him.

ALL the other shops i have dealt with thats the way it always worked out. The vehicle would get towed and the shop would just pay the tow truck driver and i just get the final bill.

Comment

ok, i guess that makes sense then, at the dealership i work at we do pay the driver then bill the customer

sorry, just missread
            RedlineVSix

Comment

Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:
              This is why you work on your car yourself ;)
              x2. just know what youre doing haha.
              Dave:
              00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

some small shops just cant afford to do it.
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

haha - I work at an independant shop now... We'll cover towing, but I can understand why not - most independant shops don't have enough CASH on hand to do such things. Most repair bills are paid for via check or credit card - not cash, so they can't pay the bill that way. Dealerships on the other hands use PO's (Pay orders) because they have accounts setup with tow companies, then come the end of the month or whatever they send out checks for every PO they wrote.
                  Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

some people dont have garage to work on car and experience thats why a mechanic is needed

Comment

there is a thing called a mechanics lean. He gets to keep your car till it is payed for

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X