attn: mustang drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attn: mustang drivers

a friend of mine has a 03 Mustang GT and he's looking for a few things.

he wants to get taylor wires probably 8mm and i searched couldnt find them for a 4.6L

Air intake system , it doesnt come with a bung for the maf, so is there a simulator u buy or how does that work?.

he also wants underdrive pulleys, long tube headers, x pipe and a good muffler.

anyone have suggestions or opinions.. like i said its not my car and he seems pretty helpless

I know theres a few mustang guys from this site so if u could help, thanks:)
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Step 1) Sell '03 GT

Step 2) Buy F-Body

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

J/p, camaro_speedemon should probably have some suggestions as well as KBeezy.
    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98:
      a friend of mine has a 03 Mustang GT and he's looking for a few things.

he wants to get taylor wires probably 8mm and i searched couldnt find them for a 4.6L

Air intake system , it doesnt come with a bung for the maf, so is there a simulator u buy or how does that work?.

he also wants underdrive pulleys, long tube headers, x pipe and a good muffler.

anyone have suggestions or opinions.. like i said its not my car and he seems pretty helpless

I know theres a few mustang guys from this site so if u could help, thanks:)
      First off, the 4.6L has coil over plugs, which means there are no wires. The coil sits directly over the plug.

I'm not quite sure I understand #2

And underdrive pullies don't do much.

Once I get my exhaust setup, it's going to be Mac longtubes, dr gas x-pipe and magnaflow mufflers.
      <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Camaro_Speedemon
        I'm not quite sure I understand #2

sorry i didnt completley understand it, but i guess the factory intake has a clip- on sensor in it, mass air flow maybe, im not sure..
        but when he gets a new intake system, i think he was looking at BBK, it doesnt have that spot for the sensor to plug into the pipe.
        so does he just not use that ?
        or is there some sort of simulator he needs to purchase to not cause a problem..

i had no idea about the coils though, thats crazy.
        ill tell him the underdrive pulleys are useless..

He says he wants to get SLP Longtubes though...and doesnt think mac is any good, oh well.
        -----------------------
        FBODY3400

I totally agree / lol
        [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
        *Matt

Comment

MAC USED to have fitment issues. But they fixed that with their headers. MAC cat-backs aren't the best.

SLP is damn good, but you're paying extra for the name.

You're talking about the IAT sensor, and yes - I guarantee there are "bungs" for them.

C.O.P. (Coil over Plug) is very common nowadays. Get used to it on OHC motors ;)
          Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

My bad, it's BBK long tubes.

Here's what it sounds like, and I personally think its one of the best sounding exhaust combinations

Clicky
            <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

--- www.mustangexhaust.com [img]smile.gif[/img]
              Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:
                My bad, it's BBK long tubes.

Here's what it sounds like, and I personally think its one of the best sounding exhaust combinations

Clicky
                thats what my GT used to sound like. I miss it. :(
                1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

http://media.putfile.com/SLP-LM-II-Mac-OR-H has my vote for 2v exhaust [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by KBeezy:
                    http://media.putfile.com/SLP-LM-II-Mac-OR-H has my vote for 2v exhaust [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]
                    1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Not bad for a ford. hahaha

Comment

if I ever do get a 2 valve, I will definitely be looking at that exhaust setup. [img]smile.gif[/img]

as for the intake it will have bungs, just order one for his year.

he should look into intake/exhaust, and just do plugs for now...
                        -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Cool , thanks for all the help guys, ill make sure to relay the exhuast clips his way [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the advice 2 !
                          *Matt

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenowner:
                            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by KBeezy:
                            [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Was he getting on it on those highway runs, or was he just driving normally? That seemed awfully slow.. Either way it sounds pretty good, truthfully I've never been a fan of mustang exhaust sounds, it always seems too "hollow".
                            <b>1996 Camaro Z28 M6 Convertible</b> Not stock (<a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2055334\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a>) <i>(Wrecked, 3/4/06)</i><br /><b>1995 Camaro 3.4L</b> (<a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/602057\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a>) <i>(Sold, 8/05)</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                              New Owner!
                              by LETZRIDE
                              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                              1 day ago
                            • ssms5411
                              Little work today
                              by ssms5411
                              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                              2 weeks ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X