I'm going to go look at a Chevelle tomorrow... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm going to go look at a Chevelle tomorrow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to go look at a Chevelle tomorrow...

wish me luck. i dont know what year it is but the body is supposidly in good condition and it supposidly runs good too. and its for sale for 3K. depending on things, for those who know i want to be a professional NHRA driver, i might finally have my project car for serious drag racing to get me into the world of speed. the funny thing is my best friends dad has a chevelle that is a street car but runs 11s so he is my guide cause he knows a thing or two about this sort of thing. anyways, he is going to be putting a 502 in it in a few years in place of the bored out 454. so we will both be doing the 502 at the same time if i get a car in time. [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

i'll let you guys know how thing turn out
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

good luck. Chevelles are one of my all time favorite muscle cars.

Comment

there in line behind the camaro

Comment

Sometimes it isn't about the cubic inches, you have to know how to build it right [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good example of this:
        A guy my brother worked with, Rick, had a Son, Simon, and they both worked on this Chevelle together. Well, it was Simon's car, but his dad put all the money into it. When my brother got his car built (small block 406) it would spank simon's 327 all day long even though simon's 327 had way more money in it. Finally, Simon and Rick got pissed and bought this nasty big block out of some guy's track only car and put it in the Chevelle. When they took it to the track, Simon was running 12 flats with it when the previous owner was in the single digit times [img]smile.gif[/img] They quickly blew it up, rebuilt it crappier, and never got the car below 11s.

Moral of the story... big motor + idiotic people = still slow. And it seems to me a bored out 454 would be faster than 11s [img]smile.gif[/img] But I don't know the whole story on the car...
        Just research what you are going to do with the car, if you get it... don't just listen to 1 guy's opinion [img]smile.gif[/img]

edit - Let me know if you get the car, ok?

[ August 30, 2004, 03:05 AM: Message edited by: 95Batmobile ]
        <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Chevelles are great it was my first car and I still have it today. I have a punched out 454 in mine with a mild cam other than that mostly stock and a new t/a won't even touch it.
          2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

Originally posted by 95Batmobile:
            Sometimes it isn't about the cubic inches, you have to know how to build it right [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good example of this:
            A guy my brother worked with, Rick, had a Son, Simon, and they both worked on this Chevelle together. Well, it was Simon's car, but his dad put all the money into it. When my brother got his car built (small block 406) it would spank simon's 327 all day long even though simon's 327 had way more money in it. Finally, Simon and Rick got pissed and bought this nasty big block out of some guy's track only car and put it in the Chevelle. When they took it to the track, Simon was running 12 flats with it when the previous owner was in the single digit times [img]smile.gif[/img] They quickly blew it up, rebuilt it crappier, and never got the car below 11s.

Moral of the story... big motor + idiotic people = still slow. And it seems to me a bored out 454 would be faster than 11s [img]smile.gif[/img] But I don't know the whole story on the car...
            Just research what you are going to do with the car, if you get it... don't just listen to 1 guy's opinion [img]smile.gif[/img]

well to let you know alittle about the car. its a street car so full metal body with quite a few coats of paints and full leather interior and the motor is built for nitrous. 11s is without the bottle :D as far as i know, the suspension is for racing though. we are working on getting the slicks to hook though. bigger wheels and slicks is really the only thing we can do. i dont know if the car should run faster but is hauling *** and thats the only thing we care about. unfortunalty the car might not be at the track much more. the track officials are getting pissed cause there are no roll bars or safety harnesses and shawn(the dad) refuses to tear up his interior

Comment

by the way....i couldnt find it. going back to find it tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
                </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 95Batmobile:

Good example of this:

well to let you know alittle about the car. its a street car so full metal body with quite a few coats of paints and full leather interior and the motor is built for nitrous. 11s is without the bottle :D as far as i know, the suspension is for racing though. we are working on getting the slicks to hook though. bigger wheels and slicks is really the only thing we can do. i dont know if the car should run faster but is hauling *** and thats the only thing we care about. unfortunalty the car might not be at the track much more. the track officials are getting pissed cause there are no roll bars or safety harnesses and shawn(the dad) refuses to tear up his interior </font>[/QUOTE]Hmmm...
                These 2 big oakey boys had a blue chevelle...
                small block.. Made 340hp at the wheels...
                With BOTH of them in the car (the smaller one was about 360 lbs) they ran 12.40s spinning down the track...
                Something does not seem right with your friends big block [img]smile.gif[/img]
                <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

That's awesome.. I have a '73 Duster.. One of my friends dad bought I think a '72 Chevelle.. It's in awesome shape..
                  *~* Tasha *~*<br /><br />\'96 Pontiac Firebird, 3.8L, 5 speed<br />\'91 Chevy Z28, 305, 5 speed - SOLD<br />\'73 Plymonth Duster Twister, 318, automatic<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/domesticchic\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/domesticchic</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 95Batmobile:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 95Batmobile:

Good example of this:

well to let you know alittle about the car. its a street car so full metal body with quite a few coats of paints and full leather interior and the motor is built for nitrous. 11s is without the bottle :D as far as i know, the suspension is for racing though. we are working on getting the slicks to hook though. bigger wheels and slicks is really the only thing we can do. i dont know if the car should run faster but is hauling *** and thats the only thing we care about. unfortunalty the car might not be at the track much more. the track officials are getting pissed cause there are no roll bars or safety harnesses and shawn(the dad) refuses to tear up his interior </font>[/QUOTE]Hmmm...
                    These 2 big oakey boys had a blue chevelle...
                    small block.. Made 340hp at the wheels...
                    With BOTH of them in the car (the smaller one was about 360 lbs) they ran 12.40s spinning down the track...
                    Something does not seem right with your friends big block [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    </font>[/QUOTE]o' well [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Nothing like a Heavy Chevy that will move! Ive always wanted a chevelle! Now that i have a camaro id rather have an older camaro.
                      1994 Arctic White Camaro T-Tops(all options except leather)<br />80 Series Flowmaster Muffler<br />Ebay Cold Air Intake<br />Earthquake in the back known as a Kicker Solo Baric 15 L7<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sirshaun\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/sirshaun</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X