just got pulled over...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got pulled over...

first off, before anyone starts *****ing, i am always polite to police officers. they are doing their job, protecting and serving the people and i've even considered becoming an officer myself. with that said...

after work i went and washed my car at the carwash because it was filthy. after washing my car, i take my normal drive to dry her off... so i'm on M-50, doing 40 (the speed limit is 40). the speed limit changes to 55, so i begin to accelerate. i hit 53 and maintain that speed. keeping in mind i'm doing 2mph under the speed limit, i'd say i'm in good shape. then come flashing red and blue lights behind me and blinding spotlights. i figure some cop just got a call and i just need to get out of his way. i pull over... so does he. wtf? i turn off my music, roll down my window, and put my hands on the top of the steering wheel, palms up. after a moment, the officer approches my window and asks why i was doing 13 over. um... right... he takes my license, registration and proof of insurance. comes back and asks where i'm in such a rush to. i answer and he makes another comment about me doing "13 over." i say, "but sir, isn't the speed limit 55?"

here's the funny part... the officer stutters, falls over his words, and changes his story:
    "we--bu--yyyeah, you were um... you were consistantly doing 10 over though."
    he lets me off with a warning and i'm on my way.

so let's recap...
    -speed limit changes to 55.
    -i accelerate from 40-53.
    -get pulled over for doing 53 in a 55.
    -officer tells me i was doing 13 over.
    -officer tells me i was doing 10 over.
    -officer lets me go with a warning and tells me not to make it a habit.

i'm always polite to officers and i take responsibility for my actions, but this is rather ridiculous. almost as bad as when my sister got pulled over for driving without her headlights on... at 4pm... when it was bright as hell out...
    1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Well obviously he didnt pull you over to be a jerk, he just didnt realize that the speed limit had changed...people make mistakes ;)
    Current:1962 Pontiac Tempest 4 cyl.<br />Future:1998 Pontiac Firebird v6

Comment

Originally posted by Brad G.:
      Well obviously he didnt pull you over to be a jerk, he just didnt realize that the speed limit had changed...people make mistakes ;)
      Nothing wrong with making a mistake, as long as you admit it...rather than being an *** and lying to blame it on someone else.
      Matt
      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

"do you know how fast you were going?"
        "63?"
        "mm-hmm."
        "but officer, isn't the speed limit 65?"
        "yup."

Originally posted by Brad G.:
        didn't realize that the speed limit changed? i've lived in my town since i was 2 years old, and i've only been driving for just over a year now and i know the speed limit on every road in my town and the surrounding towns... he's a local officer, he should know these things. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Comment

Josh ... you are absolutly hilarious! No more speeding! HaHa!!
          \'97 Camaro, 3800 Series II, Anniversary Edition * Bright Green Metallic --&gt; T-Tops * Flowmaster Exhaust * TPS Throttle enhancer * SLP Cold air intake .....<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/camaro1821\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/camaro1821</a> <br />AIM - Cycochic69

Comment

kinda like my last ticket, but, i was accelrating, cop was sitting right before the sign, like 10 feet. 54 in 45. i was speeding, i admit it, just kinda cheap to catch me like that.
            Fighting Texas Aggie Class 2008<br />3.4 t-top bird<br />K&N cai - Mangaflo 3in catback - 2.5in catco cat - Slect Coils - tb coolant bypass<br /><br />\"no matter how far we\'ve come, i cant wait to see tommrow\" LP

Comment

[/QUOTE]
              towns... he's a local officer, he should know these things. [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QB][/QUOTE]

Did you hear the story of the Philly cop who was transporting a collar to the Roundhouse? She ended up in NJ where she asked directions.

She had no clue till she crossed into NJ.

Comment

I'm glad maniacs like you don't live around me! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

That was like the ticket i got in my gtp, i was on a 3 lane road that merges into 2 about 20 feet after a light, i was in the lane that ends and didnt notice until we started going so i accelerated from 35-46 to get in front of the car next to me cause there was like 5 cars behind him, then i got pulled over by a cop sitting there for doing 46 in a 35. That was cheap
                  Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Originally posted by j_downey50:
                    "63?"
                    "mm-hmm."
                    "yup."
                    I'm freakin out MAN!!!
                    \"Well, we don\'t care how bad-*** some dude\'s N/A Honda S2000 motor is; if you go up against 900+ pushrod ponies and 750 pounds of earth-shaking torque with a wrong-wheel-drive econobox, you\'re gonna get a fast and furious old-school ***-whipping.\"

Comment

You beat me to the Super Troopers reference. :(
                      2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

he made a mistake and thought you were speeding, when he realized he was wrong he let you go... whats the big deal? police are human, they make mistakes sometimes
                        RedlineVSix

Comment

Originally posted by 95fbirdkid:
                          he made a mistake and thought you were speeding, when he realized he was wrong he let you go... whats the big deal? police are human, they make mistakes sometimes
                          If he woulda said, "Oh crap, you're right! I apologize for the mistake, have good night sir," then everything would be peachy. Instead, he refused to acknowledge his mistake and wanted to be big mr. tough guy saying "don't make a habit out of it".

Along with being human comes with the "i'm never wrong" attitude if you're a cop, huh?
                          Tom<br />Too many mods for this sig.<br /><a href=\"http://www.l337server.com/Tom/cars.html\" target=\"_blank\">My car\'s site</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.FullThrottleV6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

Sounds like the last time I was pulled over. I was going 73 in a 70 and I had just merged onto the highway. I had been on the highway for less than a mile and noticed a cop accelerating to catch up with me. He pulled me over and said he was pacing me for 5 miles and that I was going 80. I told him I was going 73 and he said I slowed down when he pulled up next to me. How can you pace somebody when you are accelerating though? I was let off with a warning. Funny thing was there was a car in the slow lane going faster than me. I guess he just wanted to pull over my g/fs bright red GT.
                            2000 turbo/intercooled M5 Black Firebird<br />349.5hp and 415.3tq @ 4400rpms

Comment

Originally posted by kamarozrule:
                              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by j_downey50:
                              "63?"
                              "mm-hmm."
                              "yup."
                              I'm freakin out MAN!!! </font>[/QUOTE]You are freakin out MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN....... *Children laughter*

I still bust out laughing when the cops are talking and the kid in the back just yells CANDYBARS!!!!!

Either way, I have been pulled over for some of the most rediculous **** in the world to very valid reason... I generally do not get mad as long as I do not get a BS ticket. I normally just let it slide, I just assume he is checking out if my car is stolen, or if I am drunk. Most my pullovers are late at night, I live in a college area With a good 20,000 college students, in a couple square miles I am sure there are tons of drunk drivers... Same thing when I was in highschool and we used to get pulled over leaving a party or if we were downtown by the clubs and beach place. I jsut assume cops are pulling me over to make sure there is nothing suspiscous abotu me.

I go out drinking alot, I drive a "suspicios car" come on, my car is basically stock looking but when you see my car and a dirty 98 white honda civic 100% paperfilter stock, which person do you suspect to get into trouble more?

We have all sped, we have all done way illegal **** in our cars that we all got away with now when they try to catch us but we were not doing anything everyone gets a little upset, they are just doing their jobs, I just say, ehh I guess I deserved it I break the law nearly several times daily and just don't get caught.

Jsut some laws I broke yesterday off the top of my head...

-clear corners
                              -75-80 in a 55 or 65(for maybe 6-7 miles
                              -75-85 in a 55(for maybe 10 miles)
                              -55-65 in a 45
                              -rolled through at least 4-5 stopsigns(parking lots, or road was obvioulsy clear)
                              -Made a left turn into a hotel but crossed a double yellow to do it(you wre supposed to go down the road and do it, but the traffic was clear, they were stopped at a light)
                              -Ran a red light (U-turn at a stop light, left turn lane light was red, road was clear)
                              -Probably 2-3 times I changed lanes without signalling, (no one around that really needed to see a signal but you still have to do it)
                              -I ran maybe 6 tolls(left my e-pass at home, if they take a pic of my plate they automatically deduct it from my e-pass account)

When I see that as being one day, and I didn't really see my self doing some of my crazier stuff at all yesterday. Then I compare to getting a BS pullover every 6 months to a year with no ticket.

I just become very friendly and curtious to the officer and if I wasn't doing anything at the time, and hell even if I was they generally let me go.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                2 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X