So I Called the Cops for a Door Ding...Moral of the Story Keep your Car Clean - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I Called the Cops for a Door Ding...Moral of the Story Keep your Car Clean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I Called the Cops for a Door Ding...Moral of the Story Keep your Car Clean

I was at the OC Fair and I pull into a parking space. I was removing my wallet from the center console, and in this time a Licoln Mark IV pulls up and the passenger opens his door. My car goes thump and I jump out of the car.

I said to the guy, you just hit my car.

He says, " No I didn't"

I say "Yes you did, I was in the car"

He repeats "No I didn't"

I say "Cut the ****, you hit my car, what are you gonna do about it"

He says "I didn't hit the car and I am leaving"

I say "If you leave I will call the cops"

He says "Fine"

I say "All I want is your insurance information, so I can get this fixed"

There is a cop directing traffic about 200ft away. I explain him what happened and he calls in a unit. The jackass starts mouthing off to the traffic cop. He tells the cop that this ******* (me) was lieing about him hitting his car.

The cop tell him he needs to wait for the unit. The guy says he is going to leave and is basicly yelling at the traffic cop. The cop threatens to arrest him for his conduct.

Finannly the a cop gets there and tells the guy to give me his info. He refuses and threatens to leave. Then this guys complains for being unlawfully detained. The officer says that he is not being detained. They guy asks for a supervisor and he eventually shows up.

The supervisor takes a look at the damage and tells the guy the guy he needs to hand over the info. The guy refuses, so the supervisor tells me I have two choices.

Place this guy under citezens arrest for vandalism or let it go.

I let it go, for the sole reason that the damage hard to see because my car was very dirty. I had just got back from a 300 mile road trip through the Arizona and Cali.

After I washed my car I realized the damage was worse than it looked that day. Its a clean 1 inch crease in my rear quarter panel.

I should have had the guy arrested. He was an ahole.

If only my car was clean, then everyone would have seen the damage.

Moral. Keep you car clean.
    And for the record I would have never taken it that far if he would have admited it and said sorry.

I have forgiven people before who have appologized
    Cardomain

I feel for you man. What a ahole that guy was, you're right. I totally agree with you taking it that length. In the end, even though you didn't have him arrested and the guy didn't give you the insc info, you can still feel good knowing you called him out on it and that you engaged the cops. If nothing else, you taught the guy that in the future he had better be careful opening doors. I hate it when people open their doors like that, but to have this guy lie right in your face like that is adding insult to injury.

Here's something to think about though -- now that you did clean the car and realize the damage, can you at least report that car to your insurance? Did you get the plate? If you did get the plate, the matter might not be over... even if its a cheap repair, report him just to inconvenience him and to enforce the issue.

Comment

that sucks. that is why good guys finish last
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Why not follow it through after the guy acted the way he did? All that trouble for nothing....
        2000 GTP<br />Pulley, Intake<br />ET - 14.02<br />Trap - 97.15

Comment

no kidding that's like the wife that gets beat and calls the cops and says i dont want to press charges
          ARREST THE WIFE BEATER!!!
          I mean
          car door dinger

same thing
          millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

I would have had him arrested then gone home kicked in the 1/4 panel take pics and take him to court. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

guy was a dousche
            -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Originally posted by LD:
              ARREST THE WIFE BEATER!!!
              I mean
              car door dinger

same thing
              [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

I would have had him arrested just for being such an ***.

Comment

WTF? His neglence caused damage to your property, and then he was an *** bout it? It's not too late to press charges.... did the cops take a report? Cant you tell them that you washed the car and the damage is much worse than initally thought?

Get it fixed man.....
                <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

yeah you should still have some recorse, did you take down his license plate # at least? Hope you can get this fixed somehow. btw MTMike, i love the avatar.
                  2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

I had an elderly man back into my pick up. He wouldn't admit fault too and was wanting to go. You know what, I wish I let him go and then called the cops on him. It was a mess. That's what I get for being nice.

He told his insurance that it was me who backed up to him and not the other way around. He said that there was no damage to his car, that's why he didn't report it. To make a long short, I was ripped off and I'm still driving around with a huge dent on the back.

If I were you and you still have his license #, go to the police station and file a report of him leaving the scene of an accident get the names of those cops you talked too. Get an estimation and then file for a civil lawsuit. Make him pay for it.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

At least he didn't ram you with his car :mad:
                      <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Should have double parked your 'Bird. This reinforces that idea about careless people, they still exist.

I still park far away for the good benefits of walking.

All I can say is wish him bad karma on his Lincoln Mark IV, it's a Ford. Eventually the car will mechanically break down in pieces.

Maybe it's time to call someone who specializes in PDR (paintless dent repair)? Unless you can do it yourself, I've seen great results from a friends '04 Monte Carlo and it was covered by his insurance.

PDR is a highly skilled process in which minor dings and dents are removed from an automobile's exterior without creating the costly and time consuming need for traditional body shop repairs. The PDR process involves the use of custom designed dent removal tools that are applied to the inside skin of a vehicle's sheet metal.

To begin the repair process, a dent technician gains access to the inside skin of the metal via an automobile's windows, headlights or other access point. A fluorescent light is then used to illuminate the damaged area. The technician then drags the tip of the dent removal tool with leverage, over the damaged area in a fluid, pumping motion.

In less than an hour, dings and dents become "massaged out? without any damage to the paint. PDR can repair dings and dents on any panel of any metal vehicle, as long as the paint has not been fractured or damaged prior to the repair.
                        Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

I would have had that ahole arrested. He damaged your car and lied right to your face. People like that can learn to get away with other/worse things if other people decide to just let them off the hook. You can't feel sorry for these people, they need to start learning some lessons.
                          -Rick<br /><br />Bright White \'95 Firebird Convertible 3.4L A4 - Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back, Zexel Torsen Posi-traction, Black Checkered Stripes, Clear Corners, Misc. Appearance Mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2077741\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2077741</a> <br /><br />AIM ID: AxSlane

Comment

3 weeks ago I was making a legal U-turn (have to or you pull out of a parking lot and the road leads to 3 expressway onramps in the wrong direction. about 50 yards beyond the parking lot the median ends. I dont know why they didnt cut the median for th lot?) and this woman in a durange hits me from behind as I slow to make the turn.

We exchange information, I dont bother calling the cops because you would think a rear-end collision is pretty strait-forward. I call my insurance company, then hers. A week later I get a rejection notice from her company because my story conflicts with hers. I dont know what the hell she told them.... but basee on the damage to both vehicles its pretty damn clear.

Repairs are $471... less than my deductible so my insurance company cant really do much. Then I get a call from her *****ing at me because my insurance company isnt going to buy her a new bumper. WTF?
                            \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor:
                              [QB] I had an elderly man back into my pick up. He wouldn't admit fault too and was wanting to go. You know what, I wish I let him go and then called the cops on him. It was a mess. That's what I get for being nice.
                              Thor, I am now thinking the best thing to do is avoid getting stressed and aggravated. Just get their licence plate first, and ask them kindly for insurance info as you "may have to get the car inspected for damages". If they give any hassle, just get out of there contact your inscurance company and give them the plate. Lets face it, some people are downright nasty -- they hit your car, then lie to your face.. they deserve to be reported just on the principle alone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X