New house, new car, new girl...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New house, new car, new girl...

Howdy folks, been a while. Don't really have any big speech planned or anything so I'm winging it here, I just felt like posting to let some people know what's been going on since I pretty much dropped off the F-Body planet about a year ago...

Steve and/or Robert--I know I said I needed some time to think about what to do with the fv6 server, domain, etc... I've taken the time I needed and I'm ready to hand everything over to either of you. Its a bit late right now so I'll send an e-mail with details. Go ahead and remove me from moderator position from any forums if I'm still listed and you have my official permission to demote my account from admin to regular member.

So how's life been?

Betty (the Virus) is running strong though still NA. Funny, isn't it, how the car runs forever (can't argue with the L36 drivetrain) when its not being pushed to bursting point. Its unlikely I'll ever supercharge her again, I now have my sights set on a 2007 350Z next summer. ;)

I had a plan to buy a house back in the day and I finally pulled it off. I am now the proud owner of a small but beautiful townhouse in North Reston, VA. Woo-hoo!!! Its three floors, about 1,900 square feet (shaddup--housing's an arm and a leg around here)... they were asking $355k and I won with a $375k bid. Whoever says the housing market is slowing down needs to move here to the D.C. area. They bought the house three years ago for $202k... they put it for sale on a Thursday and had an open house on that Saturday... by Monday morning they had my contract and three others in hand. Wow!

We just moved in two weeks ago and I *FINALLY* have the cable internet online. Haven't gotten a chance to take many pictures since the move (its still a mess of boxes and junk everywhere, anyway) but I did make an album of the pictures I took during the pre-move inspection.

DELETED LINK...

And ah, the wheels... Sniffle was a good little Corolla who thought he was a Camry but he just wasn't me. The only reason I bought that car was to prove to a certain female's parents that I could be sensible, responsible, blah blah blah and not the extravagent bloody showoff they thought I was. Well, that's ancient history and I learned my lesson there--why bother trying to impress people? I didn't win that argument anyway: rather than congratulate me on buying a sensible car I got crap for "wasting" money on a *new* car--what was wrong with a used one, blah blah blah. Yeah, I know, I know, everyone's going to say I should have known this for years but for some reason it just never clicked in my very stubborn head of stone. So the day after closing on the house I went out and parted ways with my dear little Corolla and got myself what *I* wanted.

The replacement? Enter Vicky. In contrast to Betty's cigar-smoking-French-whore-been-there-done-that style, Vicky is a young, sophisticated, fully-loaded Lexus-wannabe without the badges (Lexus chassis, Lexus engine, Lexus transmission, Toyota badge and price tag). I threw some pictures of the house in as well, still don't have much though.

DELETED LINK...

She's my new pride and joy. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And oh, yes, I could have gotten the BMW I had been planning on but I changed my mind over the past year. They're nice cars and all but I have come to absolutely HATE the reputation and attitude of BMW drivers. I mean, I'm not exactly Mr. Nice Guy on the road but BMW owners have their heads so far up their ***es its sickening. And maybe I'm just getting old, but I like the low-key image that Vicky portrays.

So now what? I guess I'm officially retiring, I'm going to remove my name from the Meet the Staff section of FV6. I never really did get a chance to say goodbye to anyone or to thank everyone for making this site a profound influence in my life over the three years I was active on it. I learned a tremendous amount (more about life than about cars) over the years and had times I'll never forget. There was good, there was bad, there was ugly, but it was definitely worthwhile. I don't regret a moment of it. Now instead of modding cars I'm teaching myself electrical and carpentry work to run ethernet cables and speaker wires through the walls everywhere... a Plasma TV is on my wish list rather than any exhaust kit... but in the end the principle is the same. The nice part about upgrading a house, though, is that you actually do get your money back. I look back on how much cash I dumped into Betty over the years and its just staggering. Now the car *might* be worth $2k if that. But oh well, no biggie, she was fun (still is fun) and I'm keeping her forever. Once more she runs on nice weekends only and I've lately become quite addicted to Meguires Tech Wax. Good stuff! I do have to thank the person that got me started on that.

Anyway, my last words of my infinite wisdom (shaddup) is for any of you who were in my shoes a year ago--things have this weird way of working themselves out. It won't happen by itself, obviously, but with keeping your chin up and dedication in your heart anything is possible. Things work out in the end, and you can't see the end from the middle.

Man, this is scary, me turning into a motivational speaker... all that and I'm sober too. Heh.

Well, I'll probably reply to this post if anyone asks anything but other than that I'm pretty much outta here.

Cheers all, take care, and God bless.

[ March 14, 2006, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: Stefan ]

nice to hear from you stefan! congrats on getting a house and everything. its good to hear that everything is going great for you also.

good luck with everything. [img]smile.gif[/img]

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

congrats on getting everything together.

good luck with everything bud!

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

you can hook that up! what is the first mod? jk congrats and enjoy
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Hey Stefan, nice to know you are still alive and kicking. I am glad everything is going good for you. Dont be a stranger to the board.
          New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
          RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
          crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
          The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

nice to hear from you again, bud.

Oh, and a tip from someone who's run speaker cable and ethernet cable, as well as a mild fixer-upper house project? Give yourself about time and a half what you think it's gonna take. Think 2 hours? take 3, take your time.

Cheers!
            2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

STEFAN LIVES!

It is very nice to hear from you.

Warm regards and good luck!
              I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
              CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
              FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

wow an name from the past... alot of people around here will have no clue who you are [img]smile.gif[/img]

congrats.. nice camry... my girlfriends dad had one like that. Thing was pretty much a lexus just without the badge. Kinda of like a Fullly loaded yukon Denali vs. a Escalade. Nearly the same thing jsut a few differences on the outside and a jump in price. He later bought a Bimmer 328, then actually hated it and traded it in for a Passat because he thought it was nicer and likes it more.(wierd I know)

As for house "mods" I say start up a forum, I been wanting to make one for a few years. but ehh not sure if I can start up a forum.

Good luck with house mods, I am looking for a new outdoor light fixture, have to hang a chandelier, few window curtains, and just picked up alot of free wood and planning out a cool work bench to build in the garage.
                -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Congrats on EVERYTHIHNG! Glad to hear a happy story to start the day off! :cool:
                  2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                  1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                  2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                  2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                  2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by shenanigans:
                    As for house "mods" I say start up a forum, I been wanting to make one for a few years. but ehh not sure if I can start up a forum.
                    Home improvement message board, eh? With forums for home theater, home automation, general maintenance, gardening...

*gears turning in head* Keep an eye on your e-mail inbox over the next week or so. ;) :D

Comment

Take care man.

Hopefully you will visit the fbv6 events at cecil in the future.

I also got: new car, bought a house, got a new g/f....... life kinda can throw a curve ball at ya.

Take care.

To the admin's...... if you need someone to help.... I'm always willing to assist the v6 world [img]smile.gif[/img]
                      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan:
                        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by shenanigans:
                        Home improvement message board, eh? With forums for home theater, home automation, general maintenance, gardening...

*gears turning in head* Keep an eye on your e-mail inbox over the next week or so. ;) :D
                        </font>[/QUOTE]yep along the lines of that...
                        -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

[img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]
                          RedlineVSix

Comment

Well well well, we all (me) thought you had ran for the hills of North Dakota or something....

Congrats on getting everything lined out. Homeownership is great, and home improvement is fun. I'm putting all new windows in the house in the next couple weeks. $1,200 in modifications that will cut my heating bills by 30% (105 year old single panes + Montana winters = lots of WASTED HEAT) and improve the value of the home by at least what I pay for the windows. Find me a car modification that will do that.

Congrats on the Camry too. I recently took the plunge on a new vehicle. I affectionatlely call it the "6-wheeled mortgage payment". Bascially I needed something to tow my off road truck to the trail, be able to hold any slide-in camper, and still be able to drive daily and get decent mileage. Except for parking that 21' long 7.5' wide beast downtown, it's great. Realisitically, keep the virus.... You've got so much money into it that you'll never get 10% of it back, but you've also got just as much blood, sweat & tears with it, and that makes it worth keeping

Good luck!

Mike
                            <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

WOw, that's awesome man. I'm happy for you. Nice house, nice looking girl, nice new car and most of all you still have that nice looking Firebird. GOOD!!

Don't say goodbye forever, OK. Stick around.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X