Problems with college

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with college

Well I started Suffolk College in the fall.Got a letter today that said my financial aid has been taken away because I did not complete an algebra class and did not achieve 12 credits or over.Man I almost had a heart attack.I called up the financial aid office and they said I can have a second chance and disragard the letter I got.Holy crap...What a load off my shoulders.I thought I was screwed for sure.Just thought I'd share...

Ha, been there done that. Almost had my full tuition scholarship revoked because of a ceramics class that I was taking for fun. I missed my GPA requirement by .08 (I had a 3.52). It's not funny when you make the Deans List and National Honor Society (Phi Eta Sigma) then they tell you you lost your scholarship. Needless to say I gave the Firebird some hell that night. I called the school up the next day and they just put me on probabation. I don't care though, I'm transfering out after next quarter. I really hate college.
    1998 A4 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Yeah I hate it too.Nothing but problems and pressure.I dont even know how I would've explained it to my parents....

Comment

That's college for you... just make sure you get something in writting soon, it's easy for things not to get done at the office. Ex: A lady means to change your status, but goes to lunch, then forgets... you're screwed.

... maybe that's just my college.
        2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
        Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

Yeah I took that into consideration.Before I even called I went on the college website and check my financial aid status.Everything seemed ok.My financial aid was still there and I did not owe any money for the spring semester.I called up just to kind of confirm because maybe my account on the site had not been updated.She said the money block was taken off.

Comment

cant wait for college! just another year! AHHH!!!
            2000 Navy Blue T-top Camaro A4<br />TSP Rumbler <br />Carsound Hi-flo Cat<br />!MAF screen<br />Whisper lid<br />HPP3

Comment

Trust me,You'll wish you were back in high school..

Comment

Originally posted by V8 Killer:
                Trust me,You'll wish you were back in high school..
                WTF?? are you serious? I have been in college for 7 years and dont wanna leave this place :D

You are going to wish you were back in college once you get a real job.
                Lenore<br />Red 1996 Camaro 3.8L M5<br />Flowmaster 80 Series, Pro-5.0 Shifter

Comment

My financial aid (parents) has been taken away. I did very bad last quarter, which was b/c about 1/4 of the way through i decided to change majors, 1/2 through i decided i wasnt gonna finish school and stoped trying, 3/4 the way through i decided i would finish but it was already too late to save my grades. :( i managed to not fail any classes but only recieved a 1.0 .

so now i'm paying for school, it sucks but no one to blame but myself. :\
                  RedlineVSix

Comment

Yeah, I had a little problem too..

Went to the cash office to pick up my FREE book money and my FREE housing money and wound up with 200 dollars more than the 2000 dollars I thought I was getting.

Problems, problems... :D
                    Tom<br />Too many mods for this sig.<br /><a href=\"http://www.l337server.com/Tom/cars.html\" target=\"_blank\">My car\'s site</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.FullThrottleV6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X