• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yaba3800:
    srt-4 my ***. it was still a neon
    so it still could crap on your maro [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BiH:
      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by speedracer95v6:
      Crap. I wanted an srt4
      umm duh you can always get a used one </font>[/QUOTE]who wants to buy used? [img]graemlins/barf.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Exactly. If I wanted a beat on car, I would have bought my camaro again. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
      2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

Originally posted by 12secondv6:
        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Big Tymer:
        i guess now james will have 2 discontinued cars...
        :(

Make that 4
        1991 Mercury Topaz - gone
        1972 Chevelle - gone
        </font>[/QUOTE]ROFL u have no luck
        -Paul-<br /><br />03 Lancer Evolution VIII<br /><br />1998 Camaro M5 - Traded

Comment

Originally posted by KBeezy:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 99camaro99:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by KBeezy:
          The new Dodge coming out to replace it.. Is going to kick the Neons ***.. My uncle who's the head of Performance & Precision parts for Daimler-Chrysler tells me its the same platform as the EVO/Lancer... AWD is an option on them, and he cant wait to show off what the next SRT-4 is going to be =P Thats for me to know and ya'll to be jealous about
          about the new SRT-4...somewhat true...it won't be based off the Neon replacement tho...that thing called the Caliber. That's going to be like the Pontiac Vibe. </font>[/QUOTE]*buzzer* WRONG. The Caliber IS the Neon replacement. And the SRT-4 is going to be the Caliber SRT-4... And it IS on the Evo platform. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]umm...the Caliber is just a new vehicle as the SRT was phased out. That's like saying the SSR was the Camaro replacement when in fact, it's a totally different vehicle. The Caliber is to market people that like other vehicles like the Pontiac Vibe.

SRT-4's direction has yet to be determined but it will return...just not in a Neon
          2004 Dodge SRT-4<br />Turbo Swapped!<br />11.85 @ 122.8<br />Retired: 1999 Camaro Y87<br />15.21 @ 89

Comment

Originally posted by 99camaro99:
            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 99camaro99:
            The new Dodge coming out to replace it.. Is going to kick the Neons ***.. My uncle who's the head of Performance & Precision parts for Daimler-Chrysler tells me its the same platform as the EVO/Lancer... AWD is an option on them, and he cant wait to show off what the next SRT-4 is going to be =P Thats for me to know and ya'll to be jealous about
            about the new SRT-4...somewhat true...it won't be based off the Neon replacement tho...that thing called the Caliber. That's going to be like the Pontiac Vibe. </font>[/QUOTE]*buzzer* WRONG. The Caliber IS the Neon replacement. And the SRT-4 is going to be the Caliber SRT-4... And it IS on the Evo platform. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]umm...the Caliber is just a new vehicle as the SRT was phased out. That's like saying the SSR was the Camaro replacement when in fact, it's a totally different vehicle. The Caliber is to market people that like other vehicles like the Pontiac Vibe.

SRT-4's direction has yet to be determined but it will return...just not in a Neon
            </font>[/QUOTE]Thanks - I guess that family information directly from the Detroit Daimler-Chrysler headquarters doesn't mean **** to your "website insider info!" .... I for one have SEEN a Dodge Caliber.. And it IS going to be the base for the next SRT-4 -- the Caliber being on the Evo/Lancer platform is just hinting at what its capabilities are, its just NOT going to be out within its first year or two of production. Give it time, like the SVT Cobra when the platform changes over theres a delay.

by the way, they already have a "sport-ute-hatchback-pos", its still on the Neon platform, called the PT Cruiser.

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/lancer/ if you need to REALLY know what the Dodge Caliber is going to be.
            Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

Originally posted by KBeezy:
              Thanks - I guess that family information directly from the Detroit Daimler-Chrysler headquarters doesn't mean **** to your "website insider info!" .... I for one have SEEN a Dodge Caliber.. And it IS going to be the base for the next SRT-4 -- the Caliber being on the Evo/Lancer platform is just hinting at what its capabilities are, its just NOT going to be out within its first year or two of production. Give it time, like the SVT Cobra when the platform changes over theres a delay.

by the way, they already have a "sport-ute-hatchback-pos", its still on the Neon platform, called the PT Cruiser.

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/lancer/ if you need to REALLY know what the Dodge Caliber is going to be.
              I guess time will tell then. :cool:
              2004 Dodge SRT-4<br />Turbo Swapped!<br />11.85 @ 122.8<br />Retired: 1999 Camaro Y87<br />15.21 @ 89

Comment

Originally posted by 99camaro99:
                Thanks - I guess that family information directly from the Detroit Daimler-Chrysler headquarters doesn't mean **** to your "website insider info!" .... I for one have SEEN a Dodge Caliber.. And it IS going to be the base for the next SRT-4 -- the Caliber being on the Evo/Lancer platform is just hinting at what its capabilities are, its just NOT going to be out within its first year or two of production. Give it time, like the SVT Cobra when the platform changes over theres a delay.

I guess time will tell then. :cool: </font>[/QUOTE]I'll tell you the one part you are definately right about --- it will be a hatchback and will kinda look like an Pontiac Vibe, but thats not what they're realllllly going after. They are using the same chassis and 2.4 liter as the Mitsu Lancer and with AWD optional they also plan on using the Evo for their SRT Model. I was bored and looked up some stuff about it.

"The Dodge and Mitsuibshi versions will have unique interiors and exteriors and different suspension tuning when sold in the same market. The EVO will have a Dodge version, with extensive Chrysler involvement in engineering in the two door version. The four door will be primarily worked on by Mitsubishi engineers, though members of the Neon ACR team are helping them, thanks to their strong rally and SCCA success. (The Neon traces its pedigree back to the Shelby Dodges, partly through John Fernandez). Mitsubishi has been a strong rally car and their engineers are no slouches. We're not exactly sure, though, why Dodge and MMC have switched places - the Stratus/Sebring/Avenger coupes were pretty pure Mitsubishi."
                Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X