• Show
Clear All

• what should i do with 400!!!!

heres my options:
    hp tuners or tsp tune
    stereo upgrades
    3.73 gears

save it?
    ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

Send it to me.

I accept paypal.

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
      1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
      1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Comment

save it is prolly a good one!!!but

Comment

Originally posted by Question:
          Send it to me.

I accept paypal.
          1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

gears. then save up for tuning.
            Dave:
            00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
            97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

hookers
              99 WS6
              13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
              tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

Originally posted by shock_core:
                hookers
                for $400 it better come with french fries :D
                09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by kala:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by shock_core:
                  hookers
                  for $400 it better come with french fries :D </font>[/QUOTE]french fries no. a years worth prescription of valtrex does come with the hookers though

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                  Or this

Comment

i would say, gears and a posi unit!
                    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

you a high school kid right? like a senior? thats a semesters worht of books you can get without thinking twice since you already had saved the money
                      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

actually thats money left over from my college grant i put some of it back, paying off books, and then held on to some, and i still have 400 so i figured i could use it on something!!!

Comment

IMO, I'd look for a 3.42 rear for like $150, aluminum driveshaft adn the rest of the money you listed looking for something to recalibrate the speedo.

or paypal me...
                          -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

I'm gonna sound like an old man here, but 13 years ago I was in the same position. I chose to spend the cash. Now, all these years later, I wish I'd saved it.

Here's a quick lesson in financial responsibility that might help you out later in life. Sit on the cash for a month. At the end of that month, sit down and figure out how much cash you spent just living your life and having fun. Now, if you've got 2-3 times that amount in the bank (and no credit card balances), run out and buy whatever you want. If you don't, take a few months and save until you've saved the cash (and paid off the credit cards). NOW you can afford to buy whatever you want.

I don't mean to sound like your dad, but anyone who's been in the situation of having a sweet car that they couldn't afford to buy gas for will tell you that it's not a fun place to be.

Learn a little from and old fart's mistakes.

...and to answer you're original question, I'd hit the stereo first. If you do your own install and shop smart, you can make a much bigger dent in your daily quality of life with $400 worth of stereo equipment than the other two items. I build a free-air sub-enclosure when I bought my car in 97 that uses the trunk for the speakerbox which looks killer, sounds amazing, and still gives me a usable trunk for much less than you have to work with. In fact, it worked so well, I never had to upgrade it, even though I've replaced the head unit and CD changer twice and gone to Satellite radio since then. (Sorry speed junkies, but how many crowds have gathered around to check out your new gears or engine program?)
                            1997 Camaro, Y87 Perf. Package, iRotor Drilled & Slotted Brakes, Bilstien Shocks, Custom drive shaft, K&N Filter, & Mobil 1 synthetic. 202+K miles and still drives like new.<br />-If you can\'t stomp \'em in the straights, kill \'em in the corners...

Comment

Originally posted by rhouse21:
                              (Sorry speed junkies, but how many crowds have gathered around to check out your new gears or engine program?)
                              numerous when I win the race...

I admit I enjoy a good stereo but the stock monsoon makes me happy...

I'd rather invest in some good cleaning product to keep my car looking nice. Even if you car is stock if it shines up perdy people like it. I almost jizzed on a bone stock '04 mustang the other day because the paint wsa so clean and perfect on it.
                              -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X