Ford's massive recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford's massive recall

WASHINGTON - Ford Motor Co. is recalling about 235,000 pickups, vans and sport utility vehicles from the 2006 model year because of potential problems with the windshield wiper motor.

The models include the E-150, E-250, E-350 and E-450 vans, the Escape, Expedition and Explorer SUVs, F-150 and Ranger pickups and Taurus sedan. It also includes the Lincoln Navigator SUV and Lincoln Mark LT pickup and Mercury Mountaineer and Mariner SUV.

It is Ford’s second large recall in two days. On Wednesday, the automaker said it was recalling 220,000 vehicles from the 2005 model year amid concerns a battery cable rubbing against the frame could cause fires and worry that a fuel tank strap could separate after tens of thousands of miles.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

And someone here says GM sucks......lol
    1995 Pontiac Firebird
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

"Large" recalls happen all the time. That's nothing out of the ordinary for Ford, GM, or any other manufacturer for that matter.
      -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny:
        "Large" recalls happen all the time. That's nothing out of the ordinary for Ford, GM, or any other manufacturer for that matter.
        Yeah, but they typically don't involve the possibility of the vehicle catching on fire or the gas tank falling off.
        2000 GTP<br />Pulley, Intake<br />ET - 14.02<br />Trap - 97.15

Comment

If you read the full recall bulletin, things like that are mentioned all the time. The recall always states the worst case scenerio.

Envoys and Trailblazers have a recall on the tail light circuit boards. The full detail of the recall states that an inoperative turn signal can cause a wreck. While of course this is possible, it's not very likely.
          -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th:
            Oh yeah like GM doesn't do it as well. I think recalls are a good thing, better than denying it.
            -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

But I notice ever since I've taken interest in cars that Ford seems to have more recalls than any other car companies out there.

I don't think recall is a bad thing either, especially when it has something to do with fuel. I guess they don't want another Pinto.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th:
                GM does suck.
                <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Originally posted by Earnhardt132000:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mogobs30th:
                  GM does suck. </font>[/QUOTE]Happens everywhere nowadays. Car companies are not the only one hurting in this economy. People are getting laid off everywhere, no matter what you do.
                  1995 Pontiac Firebird
                  2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD.:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Skinny:
                    Yeah, but they typically don't involve the possibility of the vehicle catching on fire or the gas tank falling off. </font>[/QUOTE]well recalls are only about safety otherwise they just go under customer intrest bullitens
                    3.73 gears ramair kit flowmaster is no more now BORLA cat-back 3\"catco cat<br />best et w/ flowmaster 14.8 best et w/ open borla 14.62@94mph :)best et w/ open borla and drag radials 14.4 at 96 o yea and a set of pacesetters

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X