might have broke my ankle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• might have broke my ankle

well, we were at a u pull it junk yard and the ground there is just dirt, rock, junk etc. and i twised my ankle. it hurt but i'm use to pain, so i walked on it all day long. and last night i had to say something so i did. then this morning i was driving to my dads house and i got half way there and it was killing me. so i drove the rest of the way and told him(emt) and his wife(nurse) so we went to her office and took x rays. since they were closed i have to wait till tomorrow to get results. she said that she things it could be fractured. but it's hard to tell with my long line of injuries. so now i'm off all week no matter what. and i can't drive since. not even the beater since it's my right foot.
    guess i will be hang out here alot.

[ November 20, 2005, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: kristen ]
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Ankle? ;)

Take care and get better!
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

well last night i almost broke my elbow.. it might be broke i have to have a bone doc look at it tomarow... goofin off in town last night fell down and tried to catch myself on my hand and my arm bent all the backwards and made a snap or pop noise.. went to ER til 1 last night.. put me in a sling for a week no matter what. i'm typin 1 handed and can bareky move my hurt arm... i cant even face my palm up now.. its horrible hurt
      1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

Sorry to here that. :(

I broke my collar bone one time snowboarding and had to slide down in a sled behind a snowmobile. It was kind of cool but yet it hurt at everytime he hit a bump.
        -Travis-<br /><br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro-stock<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509</a>

Comment

Sorry to hear that...

I need to go to a U-pull-it junkyard... they are the best. I used to love them when I had my 3rd gen but with 4th gens not really much around.
          -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

I had a doctor f up a knee surgery. I was suppose to be back to work in 2 weeks, but after a month I still couldn't walk (left knee). Well, my boss wanted me back at work, so I had to drive (Jeep Wrangler at the time). It was DAMN had clutching without bending my knee. My wife was in complete amazement I could pull it off. Hurt like hell.

Kristen, hope you get good pain meds. [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Hey Kristen, look at the bright side...If you fractured it and you can't work, you have all of that time to shred your car for the t-tops ;)
              sigpic

Comment

I had a hairline fracture in my right ankle years ago, thing was, it was on a load bearing bone that was only used when my heel touched the ground....

So yeah, I just ran up the steps with the pads of my front foot =)

People were like WTF?!?!?! when I could just start running at full speed, although I was only useing my toes and front half of my foot =)

So lets hope it's something like that.

Comment

When I was in middle school a crow bar fell of a top shelf in our garage landed on my foot and broke it. I didn't go to the doctor to get it x-rayed for about 3 weeks. So, when we did the doctor said you should have had a cast, but at this point its almost healed. Having to go to gym for 3 weeks on a broken foot kind of sucked.

Comment

good news, it's not broken!!!! it's pretty funny the doc. see's sprains all day everyday and she said that this was the worst one that she has ever seen.

so i'm out of work all week. but i was off thursday and friday anyway. i'm not allowed to put weight on it till thusday and even then i can only put weight on my toes. oh well
                    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

with sprains don;t push it because they can jsut bad real fast again...
                      -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

damn, sorry to hear that... in all honesty though, sometimes a slight fracture is better than a severe sprain... i had severly sprained my ankle in hs playing soccer one time.. thought it was broken, but that time it was only sprained.. though the x-rays showed that my ankle was currently broke in two other places from previous incidents. the breaks barely hurt while the sprain put me on crutches for a few days... be very careful.. if you dont take it easy, itll take forever to heal right. took my ankle like 3 yrs before i was back to normal. hope everything goes well for ya... get better!!!!
                        Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X