Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rock on, my mystic teal brother!

Comment

I hate geese, nasty sh*tting birds. They leave large dumps all over the place and it doesnt wash away easily.

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by hawgs:
        MustangEater - your car, although very clean, exemplifies something I don't like about zaino, and that is a "sterile" shine. I think that a different set of products would produce a deeper, wetter shine, and that is what I prefer. On black or NBM, the "plasticy" look can get even worse. There are TONS of "better" products out there. Klasse, Blackfire, Pinnacle, Menzerna FMJ just to name a few. Of course, this all depends on your criteria of what "better" is, but many products enjoy the durability of Zaino, and many produce a deeper, wetter shine ("better" in my eyes, but maybe not in others' eyes)
        Off hand which products last longer and offer a deeper shine then zaino and what do they cost?

I have heard good things about klasse but nothing special about the rest you listed. But beyond them I have heard poorboys, wolfgang, and Enzitte are good. Mainly poorboys and wolfgang though.

Even you coplimented me on my car. Others have as well. Not bad for being a "dark color" outside 24/7 in Florida where it rains every other day and only washed 4 times in 5 months.
        </font>[/QUOTE]Since other stuff better then Zaino was reccomended. Just wondering what you reccomend still? I got a decent paycheck today, might be willing to try something new.

Comment

I am really interested in NXT now. I use Zaino and because i live in NJ and its a pain to get it here, I am going to try out NXT sometime soon. I do really like my Z6 though. [img]smile.gif[/img]
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/maleet\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Silver Firebird</a> <br />Basic mods... nothing real special but it sure looks good!<br /><a href=\"http://www.maleetpobanz.com\" target=\"_blank\">maleetpobanz.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by hawgs:
            Zanio isnt the wax to top all waxes like some people on this board think it is... go read a detailing message board and you will see that Zanio is overpriced poop in a bottle compared to other waxes. I, like most others on higher end detailing sites, don't like the plasticy finish Zanio gives off... I prefer a deep wet shine as opposed to the colored plastic look. Unless you want to really take it up a notch and order some high end off shelf waxes... NXT is perfect.
            Dont worry, someone will come in here and argue this. However Ive tried and tried to tell them that it isnt. [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img] People dont listen.

Poorboy [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]
            Meguairs [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]
            Menzerna [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]
            Klasse [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]
            Wolfgang [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
            Havent seen much of Blackfire

[ July 28, 2004, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Just Another V6 ]
            [ full bolt on\'s and blown.]<br />[formerly known as naptown]<br />[just know that im teh man ]

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
              MustangEater - your car, although very clean, exemplifies something I don't like about zaino, and that is a "sterile" shine. I think that a different set of products would produce a deeper, wetter shine, and that is what I prefer. On black or NBM, the "plasticy" look can get even worse. There are TONS of "better" products out there. Klasse, Blackfire, Pinnacle, Menzerna FMJ just to name a few. Of course, this all depends on your criteria of what "better" is, but many products enjoy the durability of Zaino, and many produce a deeper, wetter shine ("better" in my eyes, but maybe not in others' eyes)
              Off hand which products last longer and offer a deeper shine then zaino and what do they cost?

I have heard good things about klasse but nothing special about the rest you listed. But beyond them I have heard poorboys, wolfgang, and Enzitte are good. Mainly poorboys and wolfgang though.

Even you coplimented me on my car. Others have as well. Not bad for being a "dark color" outside 24/7 in Florida where it rains every other day and only washed 4 times in 5 months.
              </font>[/QUOTE]Since other stuff better then Zaino was reccomended. Just wondering what you reccomend still? I got a decent paycheck today, might be willing to try something new.
              </font>[/QUOTE]Well with that 120 dollar paycheck... I would offer the following advice.

Protection and last-step products (ie waxes, zaino/sealants/etc.) mean sh*t without proper prep.

For prep, I HIGHLY reccomend you use a porter-cable dual-action polisher with Menzerna polishes. I've yet to find a better product to work with the porter cable - and the results are immaculate. You will be amazed with the results.

Read up a bit here for some pretty good advice on it http://www.properautocare.com/usporcabpol.html

Also... have you checked out www.autopia.org yet? Great site for learning about new products and how to use them.

Comment

</font>[/QUOTE]Well with that 120 dollar paycheck... I would offer the following advice.

Protection and last-step products (ie waxes, zaino/sealants/etc.) mean sh*t without proper prep.

For prep, I HIGHLY reccomend you use a porter-cable dual-action polisher with Menzerna polishes. I've yet to find a better product to work with the porter cable - and the results are immaculate. You will be amazed with the results.

Read up a bit here for some pretty good advice on it http://www.properautocare.com/usporcabpol.html

Also... have you checked out www.autopia.org yet? Great site for learning about new products and how to use them.
                </font>[/QUOTE]Dont go do that! You just dont go and buy a Polisher/Buffer with a 6000RPM speed and go crazy! You have to learn how to use it first!

Go get a video on how to use these mechanical devices first! You dont want to burn through your paint the first time you try to use a PC7424 [img]graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
                [ full bolt on\'s and blown.]<br />[formerly known as naptown]<br />[just know that im teh man ]

Comment

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/galler...ersofZaino.JPG

HERE YOU GUYS GO! Have at it all of you Zaino guys!

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...0&pagenumber=3

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/galler...ookonBlack.jpg

[ July 28, 2004, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: Just Another V6 ]

Comment

Originally posted by Just Another V6:
                    Go get a video on how to use these mechanical devices first! You dont want to burn through your paint the first time you try to use a PC7424 [img]graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
                    Did you miss the part where I provided a link that shows you how to use it and at what speeds the recommend? :rolleyes:

Comment

Yeah my car...looks like the right side of the vette. Definately awesome stuff for the price.

Now let's let this thread die. haha. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                      2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Just Another V6:
                        Did you miss the part where I provided a link that shows you how to use it and at what speeds the recommend? :rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]Just because they scanned over it once, doesnt mean they are going to get the full detail on how to use it properly. You sure do get defensive! Anyways, Ive been detailing cars for a while now, and I know a thing or two about watching people mess up their paint. :eek:

Comment

Hey do you need a part # if you get a part number the local advanced can order you some in..
                          New:04 GMC Sierra 1500 RCLB 4x4 5.3 GU80 3.73\'s.<br />Truck pics<br />Mods<br />Go fast: Panel K&N filter and soon SS truck catback.<br />Appearance: Stull Billet grill,Weston Chrome step tubes,Rhino Chrome hitch step,ARE painted fiberglass cover,Silver star lighting.

Comment

i used NXT until i discovered Zaino... both are good. I prefer Zaino!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                            ~Jessica~<br />Office Manager @ <a href=\"http://www.fbodycentral.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.fbodycentral.com</a> <br />2001 Firebird GT NBM, A4<br /> <a href=\"http://fbodyqueen.tripod.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://fbodyqueen.tripod.com/<

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X