Am I getting ripped off? Edit: got mo money! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I getting ripped off? Edit: got mo money!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I getting ripped off? Edit: got mo money!

Ok, rant on: :mad:
    My car was broken into a few weeks back and my stereo system was stolen. A few days later an insurance adjuster called and I had to give a taped statement on what was stolen blah blah blah. Anyway durring this he told me that 1. they wouldn't cover any cd's (which sucks, but I didn't figure they would, so thats life) 2. they have to devalue certian stereo items 7 or 8% per year 3. the amplifier stolen would not be devalued. So I'm fine with all this, I know I'm going to get screwd but so far it doesn't sound too bad. Well yesterday I get the check in the mail. I claimed about 975 bucks. The check was for 512. First there was the 250 deductible I knew was comming, but then, they devalued the cd player at 12% and devalued the amp the same amount. All in all this cost me about 150 bucks. Can they just go and change their mind about how much they're going to give me like that? I'm pretty pissed at the moment because using what I was told then I could easily calculate how much I was supposed to get, and 500 bucks wasn't it. I plan on contacting the adjuster just wanting some advice as to how hard I should pursue it. :mad:

[ July 27, 2004, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: whiteshark ]
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

Outside of sending the check back because it is unacceptable, and hoping they cough up some more, nothing you can do.

Comment

I will never put a system in my car, systems are for wiggers.

Comment

Speaking of which, last night or this morning someone broke into the guys car that lives just above us, and the car is parked just outside of our window, I feel for the guy being I had someone break into my car and I wish I had been alert to a window busting so I could have beat the bastard down, maybe it was the same guy that stole mine. I would have imagined that way anyway and beat him til I put him in acoma.
        96 3.8L V6 Camaro 5-Speed<br />Vroom Vroom<br />No Power Doors / No Power Locks<br />Removed Jack and Spare<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mikerob283\" target=\"_blank\">CarDomain - Mikerob283</a>

Comment

Originally posted by BirdOfPrey01:
          No kiddin?! Well the thank the Lord mine was stolen! Praise him and all his mercies!
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

Comment

I will never put a system in my car systems are for wiggers.
            :rolleyes: You are neat. I have a system in my car and I'm probably the biggest redneck here. I don't hear many wiggers bumpin' Hank Williams JR. and Johnny Cash.
            WWW<br />Certified Collision Repair and Refinishing Technition<br />1997 3.8l Y87 Camaro \"Layla\"<br />2000 Mustang GT

Comment

I can also say that you're a hick, but that wouldn't be correct because that'd be stereotypihng and I don't believe in thtat.

Systems are not for wiggers. They are for people who enjoy music and rather have it sound nice instead of through a crappy stock system.

And if you try to defend the Monsoon system, let me be the first to reply with - [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

ANYWAYS. That sucks about your system man. How well was it concealed? I did a black limo tint on my window and be sure to keep the volume low when I pull up to anywhere, so I don't draw too much attention. And yeah, insurance does nail you. If a thief wants your system, they'll get it. No safe way about it. It's all a part of the "wrong place, wrong time" saying.

Wish you the best...just save up cash, get a nicer system, and get the alarm with that loud *** horn hooked up to it. The one that shoots out painful vibrations, heh.
              2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by epic:
                ANYWAYS. That sucks about your system man. How well was it concealed?
                Tint on the rear is 25% And I have a mtx thunderform, so you can't see that from the outside, amp was on the back wall of the trunk well, so they couldn't see that either. I assume they just were going after the head unit and found more.

Originally posted by epic:
                just save up cash, get a nicer system, and get the alarm with that loud *** horn hooked up to it. The one that shoots out painful vibrations, heh.
                Alarm installed last week :D Nicer stereo being purchased shortly. Lol, I'll look into the painful vibrations thing

Comment

Sounds right to me. It sounds like you are lost a two year old stereo (cd+amp). Its not worth as much as a new one. My two cents:

1. You may find your insurance premiums will now go up because the insurance company wants to recoup the claim they had to pay out to you.

2. Why do you have such a low deductible? $500 is a typical deductible and higher amounts are common.

I'd avoid making claims unless it was a big loss (read: accident or massive vandalism+theft).
                  I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                  CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                  FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Oh I agree, I know it's not worth what it used to be. However my point is that he told me something that was not even close to true. A percent or 2 off is ALMOST understandable. 4% is way off, 12% off isn't even in the freggin ballpark. This is his job, he should know the companies policies.

as to your other statements:
                    1. Nope, my dad already talked to the agent, no increase :D

2. Theft, fire, etc is $250 deductible, other stuff is $500.

3. I realize 1000 dollars isn't alot to some people, but it is to me [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds like you have done your homework, whiteshark. Your frustration is understandable.

[ July 26, 2004, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: Everglades W68 ]
                      I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                      CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                      FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by whiteshark:
                        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BirdOfPrey01:
                        No kiddin?! Well the thank the Lord mine was stolen! Praise him and all his mercies! </font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] monett missouri only breeds rednecks, we all know that

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by Triple W:
                          I'm probably the biggest redneck here.
                          Fighting for my title, are we? ;)

Sorry to hear about your stereo. It sounds like the insurance companies are giving you the least possible amount per the terms & conditions of your policy. Is it wrong? Yes. Is there anything we can do about it? Nope.

Thats one of the reasons I kept the factory stereo in my Z28. The 12 Disc Monsoon is up to my satisfaction, and if I get bored with it, I just turn it off and listen to my Borla system. I'm getting old so "boom boom" bass isn't my thing any more, I guess.

-Mike
                          <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

That really sucks, sorry to hear it. Too bad some people have so little respect for others... people can be such (insert curse of choice here). On another note,
                            Originally posted by Triple W:
                            I have a system in my car and I'm probably the biggest redneck here. I don't hear many wiggers bumpin' Hank Williams JR. and Johnny Cash.
                            Triple W, you're awesome! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                            <a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/bethann375\" target=\"_blank\">http://photos.yahoo.com/bethann375</a> <br /><br />1999 firebird, dark blue metallic, 5-speed, t-tops, kenny brown sfc\'s, high-flow cat, dynomax super turbo muffler, K&N filter, silver Firebat decals

Comment

Thanks BethAnn I try :cool: ........Mike I suppose we could share the title :D
                              WWW<br />Certified Collision Repair and Refinishing Technition<br />1997 3.8l Y87 Camaro \"Layla\"<br />2000 Mustang GT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X