Help me decide what to do after college - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me decide what to do after college

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stefan:
    Neither. Buy a house.
    What he said...

Best investment you can make, especially while young.
    <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Originally posted by 95Batmobile:
      I thought you had to have pretty good credit to buy a house?
      Usually 22 year old, fresh recipients of a bachelors do not buy houses right away...
      Plus that is a big payment (at least it is around here) and after college you are in enough debt, having a huge house payment (or car) should not be something to add to the list.
      Not neccesarily, I have pretty good credit and I am only 22. I have a 764 FICO beacon score ;)

I agree getting a house is a good idea, but this guys is going to be career milatary. Won't he likely be living on military bases all over the nation moving around like every year? Kinda hard to take care of your house in Florida while you are stationed in alaska.

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 95Batmobile:
        I thought you had to have pretty good credit to buy a house?
        Usually 22 year old, fresh recipients of a bachelors do not buy houses right away...
        Plus that is a big payment (at least it is around here) and after college you are in enough debt, having a huge house payment (or car) should not be something to add to the list.
        Not neccesarily, I have pretty good credit and I am only 22. I have a 764 FICO beacon score ;)

I agree getting a house is a good idea, but this guys is going to be career milatary. Won't he likely be living on military bases all over the nation moving around like every year? Kinda hard to take care of your house in Florida while you are stationed in alaska.
        </font>[/QUOTE]Exactly... When we bought our house, my wife's score was 760+ and she's 20, and mine was 740something.

What helped her with that was 2 of my CC's that I'd had for 4 years before we got married, I added her to, which put 4 years of good standing on her credit report
        <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

I am gonna be all over the world for the next several years. If I bought a house, I would never be around to live in it. Plus, if I live in the basic Officers quarters, I can get my meals cooked for me at the mess hall. [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

I am not a wallstreet investor. I just need help deciding what kind of super-bad-a$$-pimp-daddy-jones car I want to drive.
          1999 red camaro v6 M5: with a turbo<br />13.52@107.99<br />No, seriously: Who Farted? <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/600086\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/600086</a>

Comment

Originally posted by malice10985:
            I am gonna be all over the world for the next several years. If I bought a house, I would never be around to live in it. Plus, if I live in the basic Officers quarters, I can get my meals cooked for me at the mess hall. [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

I am not a wallstreet investor. I just need help deciding what kind of super-bad-a$$-pimp-daddy-jones car I want to drive.
            If that is the case, you will definately want to buy a Trans Am :D [img]tongue.gif[/img]
            <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Buy a Camel

Comment

Originally posted by malice10985:

I'd get a nice car I liked but I woudl also put a little away doesn't have to be too insane since I assume the military has decent job security [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] but I woudl still aim for a future like everyone said. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X