Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrCoffee:
    then I contribute that to user error.
    With a Masters in CS, currently working on my Ph.D. in CS and 10 years working for a computer science research lab - I do not contribute that to user error. Windows does not offer even the option of sharing for that particular printer. Others have looked at it and scratched their heads as well.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

if you have a printer installed on xp, you should be able to share it, i would not make any promises on anything under xp though

Comment

get 16 printers [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]

Comment

I didnt mean to be an a$$ or anything man. and I still dont. But I've networked such legacy printers through xp before that its hard for me to see potential problems like yours.

PhD in CS... thats no joke. Guess you know a little Math huh? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I didnt mean to be an a$$ or anything man. and I still dont.
            fuhgetaboutit. I'm high-stress so pardon the knee-jerk reaction. :D

But I've networked such legacy printers through xp before that its hard for me to see potential problems like yours.
            It's a brand new LexMark. Not sure what the issue is. Note the computer is W2K professional - not XP. The shared printer stuff should be the same though. I had to bust out my old A/B switch. [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

PhD in CS... thats no joke. Guess you know a little Math huh? [img]smile.gif[/img]
            No, it's not joke. At least, I stopped laughing along time ago. I have taken some calculus, but I am not that strong in math. Only some concentrations require hard core math - theory, system analytics, and queueing theory come to mind. I am in systems/networking, so the math is less intense.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X