CONGRATULATIONS TEAM USA BASKETBALL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONGRATULATIONS TEAM USA BASKETBALL

Blame it on officiating if you must, but it's been called bad BOTH ways.

12 years ago, the game was totally different. Team USA walked in, blew teams out. Sure there was the 4 minute period in barcelona was beating team USA, but they got their stuff together and blew them away.

the 96 games were nearly as bad... Fast forward to 2000, the quality of USA basketball really starts going down. Sure, still a decisive gold, but the margins of victory going down.

Again, I'll acknowledge that quality of play has gone up around the world. But these guys, the 2004 olympic team, are supposed to be THE BEST of the best. For goodness sakes, Basketball was INVENTED in the US. With the exception of the games where Russia pretty much was handed the victory by the olympic officials, our COLLEGE stars made quick work of other countries. Now, here are the best that we have, no doubt ONE of them probably gets paid more than ANY TEAM put together...Making a joke of themselves.

Do they need to be reminded that basketball is a TEAM game? Sure, they can GLORY BOY all they want in the NBA, but you're representing your country, and the country's BEST in a TEAM game. This looks like anything but a team, and definitely not a basketball team that should go to the olympics. I've seen highschool teams play better than this. These guys probably make close to 60 million a year if not more, between all 10, and they can't defeat teams who play for peanuts.

I'm sure the good Dr. Naismith is turning over in his grave.

Good thing not every sport has become this way... :rolleyes: [img]graemlins/barf.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] :mad:
    Maybe they'll take bronze... :rolleyes:
    2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Sucks when alot of our star professional players are from other countries ;)
    00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

hmm... still.

1 or 2 NBA players against a team full of them?

haha, shoot, point taken! the less NBA players there are, the more TEAM players there are! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Comment

Yup, it's ego. Too many, too big.
        1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

I think they just suck..they are used to playing just kinda to show a little cause what does it matter, they are already millionaires. Now when they are playing against poor people that do this for like pride and stuff, they get their asses handed to them.

I find it hilarious!
          2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

what ever happened to the Olympics being an ametuers only sporting event??
            The bastardification of Third & Fourth gen cars.

Comment

there's very few sports that only allow amateurs...

ie figure skating...

Comment

pfft... screw them... I stopped watching following basketball years ago... Sport is crap now.

Comment

Yeah, real breaking news here. A bunch of individuals go 4-3 when playing against teams.
                  Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
                  Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

I think there are a few different reasons why we have had our a$$'s handed to us...

1. Ego. I saw some players before and after the games with bling that was worth more then the other teams total year pay. Who the hell do they think they are going to another country dressed like kings. The way they dress is embarrassing to say the least. When you dress all ghetto in another country guess what....you DO NOT look good. You look like a fool plus its disrespectful not to dress nice when you are a guest. Did you know we had a hard time finding players who wanted to play for the USA. They could care less about their country which just PISSES ME OFF. There is no greater honor today then playing in the Olympic games for your country.

2. The US style of b-ball is close and in your face. A player will ALWAYS go for the dunk before an easy 10 foot jumper. Why? EGO! Other countries know this is a stupid way to play and see winning the game for the team as being more important then nice dunk that gets you a little extra press time after the game. USA players are thought to defend the dunking type not the 10 foot jumpers. I say we ban dunks for year and get the fundamentals back in the players.

I'm so fed up with the NBA after last season. Nothing but a bunch of rich babies who have sold their hearts and love of the game for money. I say we fans should go on strike and show the players that we do not have to put up with their crap and drama.

I say in four years we send the top college players to The Games. At least they have heart.

BTW, I have been a life long Laker fan so I have every right to be pissed after last season. Its going to be another 5 years at least before my team is going to be worth watching.

Me--&gt; [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img] &lt;--NBA
                    White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

None of it matters.............they will still wear gold when it's all said and done. If you put all of the guys who were SUPPOSED to be there, this thread would go a little different. Shaq? MIA(missing in action and Miami ;) Kobe? T-Mac? KG? That's four out of the 5 members of the all NBA first team! But basically this will be the one of the more proud accomplishments for these guys once they win the gold; I mean they have the entire world against them; even most of America-and they will still handle business as usual. Just as the US swept the 200meters with the entire arena booing them, this will be jsut as sweet.......I'm with them
                      -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Comment

Shaq can't take 3 steps in these games... hello traveling. Kobe, well he's got a whole mess of **** to sort out. T-Mac and KG, where are you? Doesn't matter really, it would be just two more ego's show boating and not playing defense. American basketball has gone to hell. Put the college players out there! At least they'll play with some pride.
                        1998 A4 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Originally posted by Th3 RiCk:
                          Shaq can't take 3 steps in these games... hello traveling. Kobe, well he's got a whole mess of **** to sort out. T-Mac and KG, where are you? Doesn't matter really, it would be just two more ego's show boating and not playing defense. American basketball has gone to hell. Put the college players out there! At least they'll play with some pride.
                          Me, you and Stefan could win gold with Shaq and KG-size and speed can't be matched. And I honestly think these guys that have been on the court for the US are playing NOW with a lot of heart and determination, which is the only reason I feel like they will obtain their goal with gold. Maybe these guys needed their ego's "touched" a bit, we all do sometimes, but the end result will be the same USA#1.............that's all I care about.
                          -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Comment

Originally posted by Christian:
                            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Th3 RiCk:
                            Me, you and Stefan could win gold with Shaq and KG-size and speed can't be matched. And I honestly think these guys that have been on the court for the US are playing NOW with a lot of heart and determination, which is the only reason I feel like they will obtain their goal with gold. Maybe these guys needed their ego's "touched" a bit, we all do sometimes, but the end result will be the same USA#1.............that's all I care about. </font>[/QUOTE]Hate to burst your bubble, but with the loss today they can not win gold. Put that in your pipe and smoke it Carmello Anthony.
                            1998 A4 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

i live to see them lose. it will be the funniest thing ever. technically they 'lost' already, with only bronze a possibility.

i want the egos rolled up and shoved in their faces. friggin toolbags.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X