Got speeding ticket today want ur opinions on fighting it to get rid of the points. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got speeding ticket today want ur opinions on fighting it to get rid of the points.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All you can do is go to court and plead with the judge. Nothing about a trap is against the law.

Tell him its your first time, you didnt mean to do it, learned a lesson, etc.

Also, it helps to talk to the officer, either on the phone or in person, before the court case, and see what he has to say.

Comment

Yah while I was pulled over I was very laid back and so was the cop it was a very relaxed mood while I was getting the ticket and I have been a car where some one else was getting a ticket and normally takes awhile all honesty maybe was sitting there 5 min before I was on my way. Also in all honesty I really did not realize I was going that fast I though I was doing like 35 maybe at the most and I told the cop that when he ask and he was like o ok he even gave me a complement on my car.
      1998 Navy Blue A4 Camaro (Sold)<br />MODS: Performance<br />Whisper airlid,K&N Filter, TSP Rumbler & Carsond cat.<br />Apperance:Xenon Airdam and clearcorners. <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/wilkcamaro98\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/wilkcamaro98</a><br />2002 Dodge Ram Sport Silver 4.7 v8 stock.

Comment

What Ill never understand is why EVERYONE thinks they should get off...or get **** reduced when theyre doing something wrong. You were speeding..be a man take whats given to you and learn to read the freakin signs. After 4 suspensions the last one being an entire year...Ive learned my lesson. But not one single time did I come to this board and ***** moan and complain and ask everyone how i should "BEAT" the ticket. I was breaking the law EVERY SINGLE TIME. Owned up to it like a man. If it so happens they let you off easy WOO HOO for you. Personally..I'm glad i got my license suspended for being STUPID. I could have killed somone or killed myself. Thats MY opinion.
        2001 Black S10 Xtreme 4.3L A4<br />*RedLineVSix*<br />\"Throwin sparks, draggin frame\"

Comment

Originally posted by wilkcamaro98:
          Yah I thought normally if cop doesn't show or who ever the defendant doesn't show you win the case.
          The cops are not required to show. They have one officer at the court who represents all of them. He will read the violation you are charged with. At least in Philadelphia that is how it works.

If you lose and appeal, then you can have the officer show up. I just went through this early in the month. ( Burned out headlight, it was dismissed on first appearence, but sitting there 1-1/2hrs was boring.)

Comment

I see one of my friends was saying normally one of the cops show comes up and talks to you and see if you want to go to court or take a lesser charge with out points I mean I have no clue I just saying that what I heard. I mean our right to go to court and not like you can get a worse charge so I guess it worth to always try.
            1998 Navy Blue A4 Camaro (Sold)<br />MODS: Performance<br />Whisper airlid,K&N Filter, TSP Rumbler & Carsond cat.<br />Apperance:Xenon Airdam and clearcorners. <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/wilkcamaro98\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/wilkcamaro98</a><br />2002 Dodge Ram Sport Silver 4.7 v8 stock.

Comment

i love this. i had my car parked behind some bushes earlier and standing near a tree zapping people with a laser. i guess you could call everytime i sit and watch traffic a "trap." there are 23 people as of today that are whining about the same thing you are. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Domestic Violence:
                i love this. i had my car parked behind some bushes earlier and standing near a tree zapping people with a laser. i guess you could call everytime i sit and watch traffic a "trap." there are 23 people as of today that are whining about the same thing you are. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                23 [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]
                <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

My kind of guy!!! :D

Do you see many people flashing their headlights if they see you? I was driving down the road when an on coming car flashed me. I didn't know why until my passanger told me the guy was telling me there was a cop hiding up ahead.

Comment

God bless Ohio. Po po can't hide here. [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]
                    1998 A4 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Originally posted by ABH:
                      Do you see many people flashing their headlights if they see you? I was driving down the road when an on coming car flashed me. I didn't know why until my passanger told me the guy was telling me there was a cop hiding up ahead.
                      i'm on a highway divided by a cement barrier. the other side can't see me.

most of the time i park right on the shoulder or in the median. the thing is that laser will get you well before you get up and notice it's a police car.

Comment

Originally posted by 95Batmobile:
                        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Domestic Violence:
                        23 [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]that number has been as high as 40 before. depends on how crazy people are driving on any given day.

Comment

Damn DV have you ever let anyone go w/o giving them a ticket? At least someone who was doing 2-3 miles above the limit?
                          ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X