Had a reoccuring dream for the past 6 months.... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had a reoccuring dream for the past 6 months....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly I do not believe in the ability to use dreams for those things. However I normally cannot remember dreams that occur at night.

When your trying to fall asleep its true you will entire a relaxed state and through the majority of the time your sleeping you really don't do anything. Its proven that even your mind won't really do "much". However during REM sleep which is the only part of sleep that actually matter both your brain and body are incredibly active. I should have described the incredibly active part a little more then I did. Also don't just go to sleep and sleep. You go through sleep cycles many times during the night. What you consider as dreaming all night long actually only occurs in short burst. A "3hr" dream could really have only been 15minutes of brain activity.

But shirl I still would really like to know your definitions of spirit, soul and mind. Not trying to prove you wrong or anything because thats impossible there is no scientific way to prove what your saying is wrong or right ;)
    00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

This is a good discussion.

spirit : the divine agency working in man
      Soul The principal of life, feeling, thought, and action in man, regarded as a disinct entity separate from the body, and commonly held to be separable in existence from the body.
      Mind: the unconscious and conscious processes that perceive, conceive, comprehend, evaluate, and reason.

I'm just stating that spiritual nature is involved also. There are ways to tap into it and practice techniques of using it to an advantage if the desire is there. It's a huge part of what we are, but most people do not recognize it or just deny it. Sure, there is scientific data such as brain activity during the dream state, but this goes way deeper than hooking up a few wires to someone's head and reading impulses.
      2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
      1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
      2011 Cadillac CTS-V
      2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

btw, I'm going to sleep now...Sweet Dreams [img]smile.gif[/img]
        2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
        1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
        2011 Cadillac CTS-V
        2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
        2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Actual Definitions now ;) :

spir·it ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sprt)
          n.

The vital principle or animating force within living beings.
          Incorporeal consciousness.
          The soul, considered as departing from the body of a person at death.
          Spirit The Holy Spirit.
          A supernatural being, as:
          An angel or a demon.
          A being inhabiting or embodying a particular place, object, or natural phenomenon.
          A fairy or sprite.

The part of a human associated with the mind, will, and feelings: Though unable to join us today, they are with us in spirit.
          The essential nature of a person or group.
          A person as characterized by a stated quality: He is a proud spirit.

An inclination or tendency of a specified kind: Her actions show a generous spirit.
          A causative, activating, or essential principle: The couple's engagement was announced in a joyous spirit.
          spirits A mood or an emotional state: The guests were in high spirits. His sour spirits put a damper on the gathering.
          A particular mood or an emotional state characterized by vigor and animation: sang with spirit.
          Strong loyalty or dedication: team spirit.
          The predominant mood of an occasion or a period: “The spirit of 1776 is not dead” (Thomas Jefferson).
          The actual though unstated sense or significance of something: the spirit of the law.
          An alcohol solution of an essential or volatile substance. Often used in the plural with a singular verb.
          spirits An alcoholic beverage, especially distilled liquor.
          __________________________________________________ ___

soul ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sl)
          n.
          The animating and vital principle in humans, credited with the faculties of thought, action, and emotion and often conceived as an immaterial entity.
          The spiritual nature of humans, regarded as immortal, separable from the body at death, and susceptible to happiness or misery in a future state.
          The disembodied spirit of a dead human.
          A human: “the homes of some nine hundred souls” (Garrison Keillor).
          The central or integral part; the vital core: “It saddens me that this network... may lose its soul, which is after all the quest for news” (Marvin Kalb).
          A person considered as the perfect embodiment of an intangible quality; a personification: I am the very soul of discretion.
          A person's emotional or moral nature: “An actor is... often a soul which wishes to reveal itself to the world but dare not” (Alec Guinness).
          A sense of ethnic pride among Black people and especially African Americans, expressed in areas such as language, social customs, religion, and music.
          A strong, deeply felt emotion conveyed by a speaker, a performer, or an artist.
          Soul music.
          __________________________________________________ __

mind ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mnd)
          n.
          The human consciousness that originates in the brain and is manifested especially in thought, perception, emotion, will, memory, and imagination.
          The collective conscious and unconscious processes in a sentient organism that direct and influence mental and physical behavior.
          The principle of intelligence; the spirit of consciousness regarded as an aspect of reality.
          The faculty of thinking, reasoning, and applying knowledge: Follow your mind, not your heart.
          A person of great mental ability: the great minds of the century.

Individual consciousness, memory, or recollection: I'll bear the problem in mind.
          A person or group that embodies certain mental qualities: the medical mind; the public mind.
          The thought processes characteristic of a person or group; psychological makeup: the criminal mind.
          Opinion or sentiment: He changed his mind when he heard all the facts.
          Desire or inclination: She had a mind to spend her vacation in the desert.
          Focus of thought; attention: I can't keep my mind on work.
          A healthy mental state; sanity: losing one's mind.
          00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X