No announcement yet.

"04 GTOs... what do you guys think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I test drove one sometime back, nice riding and driving car, unfortunately it was an automatic and bright red. I really like them in black though. Anyway with what's out there right now if I had to buy a new car and found one for a good price that was black and a 6spd I'd drive it daily.
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Comment

I agree, they do look like a grand prix but I don't mind grand prixs to much, and little while ago saw one with intake and exhaust do a 2nd gear clutch dump, and light the tires up from a roll for about 80'

I drove one last year, at autoshow in motion, actualy a few times but you cannot get a great feel for the car like that, just know its alot faster then my vee6 [img]smile.gif[/img]

I enjoy my RWD, and 6-speed, and I like to have a little fun in the twisties.

And after seeing some deals people were getting I mean what car can touch the GTO at around $20k?

only thing I can think of is a SRT-4, but comparing the 2, a GTO in a heartbeat.
      -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

The are the second best GTO's ever behind the 2005's. And all of that has to do with LS2 vs LS1.

Hood scoops are lame.
        Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

I actually saw my first 04 GTO on the road today. I had seen pictures and wasn't to impressed with their styling (like most people), but they look much better in person. Pics don't do them justice.

I really like everything I have read about the 05's (and even like the styling). Can't wait to see an 05 in person (they came out this month right?).
          SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

Originally posted by mjparme:
            I actually saw my first 04 GTO on the road today. I had seen pictures and wasn't to impressed with their styling (like most people), but they look much better in person. Pics don't do them justice.

I really like everything I have read about the 05's (and even like the styling). Can't wait to see an 05 in person (they came out this month right?).
            The '05 just looks kinda like a modded '04... The one that was in that movie "The Last Ride" was pretty cool, I saw that one in person too.

I admit its not a flashy sports car, but I think its cool looking.
            -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Bad a$$ cars.. ITs only going to get better as the years go on..
              Jeff ..
              1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
              2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
              1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
              http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

I like the 04's, but the 05's look bad@ss! They are cool in their own manner; not an outlandish car, but kinda like a 'sleeper'. I bet the GTO guys get alotta civic guys talkin crap about the bland 'family' car, yeah, right up until the GTO freakin BLASTS away from the morons. LOL, I like the GTO [img]smile.gif[/img]
                2000 Navy Blue T-top Camaro A4<br />TSP Rumbler <br />Carsound Hi-flo Cat<br />!MAF screen<br />Whisper lid<br />HPP3

Comment

SLP already has a lot of aftermarket go fast parts for the 04's. Probably won't take them long to get some parts for the 05's.
                  SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

Don't settle - you'll regret it. Save your cash until you can get what you really want.
                    <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Originally posted by MTMike:
                      Don't settle - you'll regret it. Save your cash until you can get what you really want.
                      hehe I am pissed I settled on another v6 ;)

and we are talking the difference of what some were getting for ~$20k after discounts, coupons, deals because of low sales and $35k for a new one.

I know it won't be "king of the hill" but I know I'd enjoy the piss out of it [img]smile.gif[/img] I still look at 99-04 GTs [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X