I'm so sick of dealers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so sick of dealers...

I've been to 3 dealerships in the past week and they are a pain in the a$$. They never give you a bottom line price outright. They always want to sit you down, get your phone number and play head games first. I had to "go off" on one place because they had at least 6 different people call my number in 2 days! One dealer wanted a deposit to "hold the car". He said if I give him my credit card, he can take a $500 deposit off it and I'll have 24 hours to decide if I want it or not. I was like yeah... uh huh.. I'm not doing that. At another place, I looked at a Crossfire on the lot (no price tag on it) and wanted to know the year and price so I go inside. Right away the guy says "come back to my desk and I'll get the paperwork". Paperwork? Since when do you need that for a year and a price? I got so pissed that I said "look, I'm not giving you all of my personal information. We're talking 35-40 grand on that car correct?" and he said "yeah". So I said "thank you" and walked out. Are these people all nuts?

I want to just walk into a dealership and be able to make comparisons without being hassled. I think I'm going to start giving a fake name and phone number.
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

dealerships are A**HOLES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl:
      Are these people all nuts?
      Yup.

Dealers suck
      2000 M5 Pewter Firebird [Monsoon stereo]<br /><a href=\"http://www.centerlinewheels.com/sub_wheel.php?mw_id=2\" target=\"_blank\">16\" Centerline Galaxy Wheels</a> . <a href=\"http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/\" target=\"_blank\">Headlight fix</a> . Under dash lighting . Dashmat . Headlight conversion<br />84k miles<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/tucsonbird\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a><br />Tucson, AZ

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonBird:
        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Shirl:
        Are these people all nuts?
        Yup.

Dealers suck
        </font>[/QUOTE]AMEN!!! i work for one and just hate those salesmen. infact, i hate the service writers and managers too
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Being in high school is great... most don't even give me a second look... they just see some kid stepping out of his Firebird and think he's nothing...
          1998 Firebird<br />V6 M5<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239301/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239301/1</a>

Comment

i love dealerships. They let you beat the piss out of cars and you can walk away. haha ive been driving lots of cars lately and just saying thank you and walking away
            2003 Chrome Silver Nissan 350z 6 Speed<br /><br />2001 Bright Rally Red Camaro 3800 M5-----SOLD but missed

Comment

I have a worse one.

I was by the dealer in my college town last night so I figured I'd stop and look at Cobalts because we're getting my sister one this weekend. They were about to close, and the guy blocking the entrance told me where to put my car, takes my name and number, and said he'd be over in a minute.

He comes over and when I asked how much it would cost to do a dealer trade if they could truck it in he lectured me about how it wasn't worth it to do that for a single Cobalt and basically acted like I was nuts for asking. The odd thing was that when I called before I was told that if it's more than a couple hundred miles away they use a truck. (should have been a bad sign) He also questioned me repeatedly about whether I should be picking a car for my sister despite my saying she didn't care.

I was looking and asked about the one I was looking at (What I was looking at except for color and a sunroof) and asked about the sunroof that was on the car but not on the sticker. He said it was listed, and then realized it wasn't and I gave figures to back up that it wasn't listed on the price. He pointed at the original window sticker, which is supplemented now by a full sheet of paper listing the new lower MSRP in large print, which he ignored.

Then he started telling me that you can't compare prices on different cars and went on lecturing while I tried to say that the one I was looking at was virtually identical. He turned and walked away after a couple attempts, and I asked what his problem was. I got "I'm trying to help you, but I guess I can't." I replied with "I wouldn't buy a car from you now anyways" and got "I don't care, I sell plenty of cars" back. He then went on to tell me that just as I'm a student and he couldn't tell me how my school operates, I can't tell him how cars and car sales work or the diffrence between trim levels, and that he's a professional.

I'm still not sure what to think. This almost has to be some kind of sales tactic to make it look like they're doing you a favor, but I've never heard anything like it. I put a deposit on the car at the dealer that has it today, so hopefully it works out.
              <a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/New/IMG_0085.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Black 2002 Camaro M5</a>-SS takeoff muffler, B&M Ripper, K&N Filter, 35/20% tint, Infinity speakers, Viper alarm, perpetually breaking clutch return spring mod. 15.49@90.15<br /><a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P14.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">Pewter 2002 Firebird M5 (Dad\'s Car)</a>

Comment

^^I would of told that guy, "**** you, if your gonna be a ****ing ******* to me you can **** off you ignorant bastard." Then i would proceeded to spit on one at least one of the cars.
                Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

yea my dad is a gm employee so we get the employee dicount so its basically you look at what you like and why they come up and start asking you tell em yoru a employee and whant the discount and that kinda shuts them up for a while. but if i was going to look at a car that i seriously wanted i would just look at the price they paid to get the car and try to work your way up from that number oppose to trying to work yoru why down from the asking price they have on the car number.
                  JpX

Comment

if you ever do financing through a dealer get a financial calculator....

they try to **** you bad, at least a ford dealership did.

They love to go in the back room and talk to the finance manager in the back to work the "numbers"

I was about to strangle the fecking guy because he wouldn't tell me why our numbers are no where near each other. his were $25 a month higher.

They love to try and work you all the angles... honestly carmax really is appealing... helped a friend get a truck through htem was a cinch.
                    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Remember I told you those Toyota Dealers just play alot of head games. When I was walking out they put a Vegas ticket on my hand saying that I would get a 3 night stay at the Mandarin if I buy their Corolla.

The best Dealer I've ever experience was Saturn. No non-sense kind of thing. If I don't like the price, I leave with no hassles.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Good dealerships are hard to find.

I've bought 3 new cars from the only one in town that would give me the take-it-or-leave it, no BS, price on any car in the lot
                        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Part of the problem is a lot of low end dealerships take on the bottom of the barrell salemen. Next week those guys will probably be selling matresses. It also doesn't help that most of us here are young so they don't care about helping us out.

When my dad was looking at cars for my mom he went to a dealer in the beater car (mercury tracer) and they wouldn't give him the time of day. Now when he pulls up in the Jag XK8 they practically stampeed out of the show room...

Comment

I hate stealerships. :mad:

I told one of the salesman I was looking for a matrix XRS, he told me they didn't make that model. :rolleyes: I was like, uh why would you even say that, it's on toyotas website. It's the sporty version of the matrix.

He then said if I wanted a sporty car, I should buy a Viper. I told him, oh sorry. I have a check for 30k in my pocket, and I would be taking it to another dealer. He looked at me like "Oh ****!" and proceeded to started kissing my ***. I got in my car and left.
                            <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

It always scares me that dealers know so little about the cars they sell.

I understand not being a full blown tech, I am talking about stuff like. "there isn't much difference between v6, GT, Mach 1, Cobra" type stuff. I mean christ if I worked at a new car dealer I think I woudl spend the 30 minutes of studying it took to remember some of the main specs of a car...

like differnet levels of it, hp, what motors, what fuel mileage, etc... Maybe even the colors.

I mean it sort of stays the same for an entire year on that model...
                              -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X