No announcement yet.

Help!! Celica GT or Scion tC????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup - AC Compressor is a common problem on Cavies.

What year Z24 is it? 5spd?
    Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

97' Z24 auto. Love the car to death. So it's not going to be easy to give it up.
      2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
      1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
      2011 Cadillac CTS-V
      2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Yeah - fun cars. Too bad its not a 5spd!
        Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

neither

but if you had to celica...
          -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

i'd get an SRT4 ;) i can get you employee discount on one hahaha
            2004 SRT4<br />2006 Mercedes ML350<br />1988 IROC - Supercharged and stuff

Comment

Shirl, you if do decide to go for it, I'd go for the tC. It has alot of upgrades and the aftermarket for it is going up.

Just don't get one of these Scion though:
              http://www.edmunds.com/media/roadtes...xb.f34.500.jpg
              I swear, it's the ugliest thing on the road. It's an actual box with wheels.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

OMG. I hate those things. It looks like a lunchbox on wheels. Boon, I actually was considering the SRT-4 but I need an automatic trans for commuting. They only come in manual correct? I actually went to the Chevy dealer yesterday to talk them about the noise that's coming from my ac compressor and they were extremely helpful. The dealership is just up the road and it made me think... I better just stick with Chevrolet. At least they are convenient, friendly (I know most of them including the owner) and helpful. I picked up a Cobalt brochure and a Monte Carlo SS brochure on the way out. The dealer there offered me a free oil change on my Cavalier and said when I decide to buy a car he will hook me up with that employee discount they get which is $100 over cost or something like that. (I guess they can somehow include friends/family in on that).
                2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

If no matter what you are getting an auto... I would upgrade to a bigger car for like $28k. Doesn't look like you want a zip around sports car.

I am willing to bet the celica and TC are huge dogs as autos... hell from what I see the TC is a dog in a manual.
                  -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl:
                    The dealer there offered me a free oil change on my Cavalier and said when I decide to buy a car he will hook me up with that employee discount they get which is $100 over cost or something like that. (I guess they can somehow include friends/family in on that).
                    I can get my grandpa's employee discount, which may be different because he was an line worker. But the was his works is that if I went and bought a Covette that the base price was $49k and the price listed was $56k with all the options I would get it for $49k. So basically if they give you that discount you could get like a $24k Cobalt SS for like what.. $20k? I would do it.
                    1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

I just spent the last 3-1/2 hours driving home in an 06 Cobalt LT automatic coupe and I the more I drove the more I liked it. It's incredibly quiet for a cheap car inside, has decent power for a four banger, and the interior seems to be pretty good quality. According to the computer it got 35.9 mpg average... better than the 32 on the sticker.

$17,334 out the door before GM Card earnings for a brand new one with power locks and windows, keyless entry, spoiler, foglights, and side airbags isn't bad either.
                      <a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/New/IMG_0085.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Black 2002 Camaro M5</a>-SS takeoff muffler, B&M Ripper, K&N Filter, 35/20% tint, Infinity speakers, Viper alarm, perpetually breaking clutch return spring mod. 15.49@90.15<br /><a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P14.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">Pewter 2002 Firebird M5 (Dad\'s Car)</a>

Comment

Nice! That's a 2.2L correct? I think I'd like a 2.4L. I was looking up specs on the 1SS model.
                        2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl:
                          Nice! That's a 2.2L correct? I think I'd like a 2.4L. I was looking up specs on the 1SS model.
                          Yeah, it's the 2.2. If it were for me I probably would have gone for the SS with the 2.4, but it's my sister's and she doesn't really care what engine it has in it.
                          <a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/New/IMG_0085.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Black 2002 Camaro M5</a>-SS takeoff muffler, B&M Ripper, K&N Filter, 35/20% tint, Infinity speakers, Viper alarm, perpetually breaking clutch return spring mod. 15.49@90.15<br /><a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P14.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">Pewter 2002 Firebird M5 (Dad\'s Car)</a>

Comment

I was having some trouble finding 0-60's on these cars... The top model SS supercharged is listed but not the others (at least that I could find). I'm going to have to drive one this spring to see.
                            2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor:
                              Shirl, you if do decide to go for it, I'd go for the tC. It has alot of upgrades and the aftermarket for it is going up.

Just don't get one of these Scion though:
                              http://www.edmunds.com/media/roadtes...xb.f34.500.jpg
                              I swear, it's the ugliest thing on the road. It's an actual box with wheels.
                              sure if your gay

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X