cd burn fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cd burn fail

I cant get aftermarket software to burn cds (maybe win XP is locking it up).
    The CD-R is Maxell DVD-R video/data media, single sided recordable to 120min video or 4.7gb of data.
    If I try to get Win XP to write a cd, it says there is no cd detected.
    I dont know whats up, my hardware is new.
    It says Used space: 0 Free space: 0

I'm thinking I should just try different CD-R disks?
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

you need to format the disks.

Comment

Originally posted by slow6:
      The CD-R is Maxell DVD-R video/data media, single sided recordable to 120min video or 4.7gb of data.

dude, DVD-R and CD-R are 2 different things. you said you're using Maxell DVD-R. that's why it's saying no cd is detected, because it's not a cd. :rolleyes:
      1995 Bluish green 3.4l Camaro.<br />Bone stock right now lol!<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355</a>

Comment

Please don't tell me your trying to burn DVDs with a CDRW drive...
        <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Originally posted by lambo101:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by slow6:

dude, DVD-R and CD-R are 2 different things. you said you're using Maxell DVD-R. that's why it's saying no cd is detected, because it's not a cd. :rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]crap, i didnt even see that [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

I was wondering about that, because you dont even need to format teh new cd's.

Comment

Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:
            Please don't tell me your trying to burn DVDs with a CDRW drive...
            its a dvd-r drive, so it will burn cds and dvds
            i got this resolved, thanks guys!
            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

but how did you resolve it for future "search, stupid" posts?
              1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
              2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
              94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go:
                all he had to do was get a CD-R disc.
                1995 Bluish green 3.4l Camaro.<br />Bone stock right now lol!<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355</a>

Comment

Originally posted by lambo101:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go:
                  all he had to do was get a CD-R disc. </font>[/QUOTE]read the topic closer.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                  Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    1 day ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X