Those with bikes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those with bikes!

Im buying a GSXR 750 in a few weeks. i do have one question/concern. i wear glasses. will they fit under the helmet???
    2001 Black Camaro<br /><br /><br />I have no clue how i beat you.....maybe your car is slow.<br /><br />Whisper lid, SSRA, Pacesetter Headers, Carsound 3\" Cat, SLP Loudmouth, BMR strut brace, black ZR-1 rims, Xenon kit

I used to have a Robinson/GT mix bike. I used to be able to bust some cool "pop-o-wheelies" back in my prime. I didn't wear a helmet and my mom got upset. :(

And yes, people wear glasses under their helmet. Better hope you don't get into an accident, otherwise those glasses will be engraved in your face, though. I'd recommend contacts or eye surgery if you become hardcore.
    2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

Got me a schwin :D

ZOOM ZOOM
      White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

yes they will fit, I didnt have a tinted visor when I rode, just wore sunglasses...they're designed to fit ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
        05' CTS-V
        00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Originally posted by epic:
          And yes, people wear glasses under their helmet. Better hope you don't get into an accident, otherwise those glasses will be engraved in your face, though. I'd recommend contacts or eye surgery if you become hardcore.
          You can do surgery if you can afford it, but you can see the eye doctor for some nice plastic lenses with face forming frames (wrap around). Will block the wind if you have visor up and will fit fine when down, but also be safer than standard glasses.

One question? Why Gixxer 750 and is this your first bike?? sorry..2 questions [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Steve
          FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
          Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
          Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

A GSXR 750 is to much bike for a first bike if it is. Going on where your going teal
            2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Flame V6:
              A GSXR 750 is to much bike for a first bike if it is. Going on where your going teal
              Well.. just worried as here in Detroit we have seen first time riders buying big sport bikes and trying to learn to wheelie them or other stunts and kill themselves. More than I can count on 2 hands this season!

If you've never riden a sport bike before, it's a whole new world.. unlike racing your 4 wheeled car around or even a cruiser for that matter. That 750 has enough power to flip on hard launch without thinking about it. Besides... why spend the cash on a new bike when sooner or later, it's going to go down... usually with you on it. A nice used lower cc model will give you the experience learning what to do and expect from yourself, other drivers and roads.

Case in point, Blue Flame has a GS. Very nice entry bike. Gives you the feel for speed and sport bikes in general, but not too much to really hurt yourself with. Now, I know the critics will come in and say sport bikes are not safe.... well, they are safe with the right rider, experience and knowledge. Without that stuff... your just a squid waiting to be a stain on the road. All that power at your finger tips is VERY tempting... but you can go just as fast on a lower model. I know... my YZF will get to 120 in a heart beat, but I also have the time on it and respect to know... when, where and how.

If it is your first bike... either really respect it.. or think about going down in size. Not only your safety, but others too.

Steve

Comment

yes it is my first bike and im onyl getting the 750 cause it is used and im buying it from a friend for 3500. i am not the type to do wheelies or tricks. this is just something for me to go on some back roads and ride on a sunday.
                2001 Black Camaro<br /><br /><br />I have no clue how i beat you.....maybe your car is slow.<br /><br />Whisper lid, SSRA, Pacesetter Headers, Carsound 3\" Cat, SLP Loudmouth, BMR strut brace, black ZR-1 rims, Xenon kit

Comment

Originally posted by camarov62003:
                  yes it is my first bike and im onyl getting the 750 cause it is used and im buying it from a friend for 3500. i am not the type to do wheelies or tricks. this is just something for me to go on some back roads and ride on a sunday.
                  That is an answer I can respect!

Enjoying the ride and twisties is the best part of sport bikes!!

Sorry if I came off "preaching"... don't want a member doing something silly and getting hurt.

Enjoy it!! and post some pics of it :D

Steve

Comment

ur not preaching...i get that all the time. and as soon as i get it will show some pics of it. and i will always wear my protection. ive seen what can happen when it is not worn.

Comment

used bike is the best way to go I got mine for 2500 and love it. Even the 600 can be made powerful with a pipe jet kit and sprockets. I did exactly what teal warns against and looped mine a month after I had it. Luckly I was wearing gear and walked up to my bike picked it up and went well ****. But that is all just part of the game sometimes you got to learn the hard way how to do things.
                      2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Flame V6:
                        But that is all just part of the game sometimes you got to learn the hard way how to do things.
                        so very true....oh ya, and you may say you're just gonna take it out on a sunday and whatnot...but the second you twist that throttle and your adrenaline pumps...oh boy, thats when you get hooked...just like a drug, most people abuse it like teal said and they'll flip em over or just lay em down....a kid I work with lent his bike to a friend, very stupid but he did, anyways, it was an r6, just like my old bike, had a chick on the back redlined it through first and at about 60 she went over on him....and that was only a 600...so ya be very careful ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                        05' CTS-V
                        00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Originally posted by nikon:
                          yes they will fit, I didnt have a tinted visor when I rode, just wore sunglasses...they're designed to fit ;)
                          Yea, what he said... I wear my sunglasses with the helmet all the time, you should have no problem.

But the real reason im posting... Teal, that Yamaha is not your first bike, or is it?
                          <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by JusFlyinBy:
                            Teal, that Yamaha is not your first bike, or is it?
                            My first to own with my name... I used to go "steal" my buddies cruiser for hours on end :D That and riding dirt bikes and scooters as a kid growing up. Most of my family also road... So I grew up around them and respect them.

Had to finally break down and buy that for my 30th b-day present to myself. I rock [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] Would have been better if a woman bought it for me [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]

Comment

It's easy to say you won't do wheelies, burnouts, or whatever. As soon as you start getting confident.....EVERYONE does it at least once. Just to say you tried. A GXR 750 is a STRONG bike. Those things are running the same, if not better, times at the racetrack than 1000's or liter bikes. It's all about the rider and where your level of confidence is. Just be careful and remember....there's two types of riders.

1. those who have gone down
                              and
                              2. those who are gonna go down.

I've been riding almost 15 years and I consider myself a pretty conservative rider. I LOVE twisties, but I have done my share of wheelies. It's just so darn hard to resist a twist of the wrist. Be careful and enjoy.....keep the rubber side down bro!! :cool:
                              Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD....you wanna hit it, but you\'re affraid of the consequences...<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=244935\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=244935</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X