Back from Hurricane Charley *PICS*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from Hurricane Charley *PICS*

After 10 days without power, and 12 days without cable/internet, I'm finally back.

The storm went directly over me. We got up to about 80 mph sustained winds here, with gusts to almost 100 mph. I spent the entire time outside in front of my house. The wind was unbelievable. With the rain blowing, it was quite hard to see at times. There were 1 or 2 times when the wind gusted that I about ran inside, but I stuck it out. How many people can say they went through a hurricane outside? :D

The next day, I drove around the neighborhood to check the damage. There were trees down on every road. You had to drive under trees hanging from power lines. I can't believe how much damage there was to pine trees, but that's because they don't flex like palm trees. I even saw a telephone pole snapped in half by the wind.

My house received around $10,000 in damage. We're still waiting on all the estimates, but it's not gonna be cheap. If this had been a regular storm, our deductable would have been $500, but since it's a hurricane we have to pay $2,500. :mad:

Rain from one of the feeder bands

Tree in my front yard 1 - On it's way down, it took out the drop line into the house.
    Tree in my front house 2

Screen around the pool, or what's left of it.

Tree 1
    Tree 2
    Tree 3
    Tree 4

Road 1
    Road 2
    Road 3

As if 10 days without power wasn't bad enough, some idiot drove over the water line on the houses they're building next door. Now we had to boil our water. Pic
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

glad to see your ok and in one peice. Hows your camaro did it get any damage done to it during the storm

Comment

yeah glad to see your aight, although that clean up looks like barrels of fun :\
      99 WS6
      13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
      tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

Originally posted by crasher:
        glad to see your ok and in one peice. Hows your camaro did it get any damage done to it during the storm
        Safely parked in the garage, it receieved no damage. :D The other cars in the driveway were fine too. What sucked about driving, though, was waiting in line for up to 2 hours to get gas. :mad:
        Matt
        1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Camaro3.8:
          After 10 days without power, and 12 days without cable/internet, I'm finally back.
          Damn sounds like hell to be 12 days w/o cable/internet I dunno what I would do. You sir are a true hero to put up with that punishment. :)J/k
          Glad to know you are ok man.
          ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

Glad to hear that you're ok, your family's ok and you recieved only minor damage to your property.

Seeing that makes 6 months of winter not seem so bad :D
            <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Its ok folks...Shane is ok to...thanks for the concern......I live in same city as him :(
              Past Ride
              1995 Firebird A4 3.8 Turbocharged -- 12.50 at 108
              (If you dont know me, you haven't had a V6 long enough)

Current Ride
              2006 Mitsubishi Evolution GSR

www.myspace.com/shane1015

Comment

Damn you guys deltona? That was a P***y storm compared to My town. Just check the national news. No sympathy here.

OK I am over it. Hows your cars guys?
                2001 Camaro A4<br />K&N air filter<br />Bone stock other than that<br /><br />(+[_]+) PSP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X