can anyone here speak latin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone here speak latin?

i want to get the tattoo saying : the coward dies a thousand deaths, the hero but once
    in latin across my chest.

can someone translate for me?

ive used an online translator and got this: ignavus dies mille nex , vir tamen quondam

but when run back through to english, its comes out as crazy jibberish nonesence. thanks!
    The confusion surrounds me <br />change is imminent<br />if I were they<br />we could be great

I took latin for two years but I can't remeber much.
    -Travis-<br /><br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro-stock<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509</a>

Comment

Just put "Riiicoo!! Suaavee!!" on your chest.

Seriously, according to my wife: El cobarde muere mil veces, pero el heroe muere solo una ves.

There's accent marks on some of the letters, but I don't know how to do that with my regular keyboard.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

that sounds hispanic, to me. actually, that is hispanic, veces and por and el solo una ves, all spanish words. hmm... thats odd of you.
        The confusion surrounds me <br />change is imminent<br />if I were they<br />we could be great

Comment

were do you think all of languages originated from
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latin is no longer a spoken language. You cant formulate complex complete sentences.

Comment

can anyone here speak latin?
              lol
              -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

Oh so you're talking about the Roman Latin.?

I'm wrong then. I'm very confuse about that latin thing anyway. Just like Mexicans here in Calif. don't like to be called Hispanics. They want to be called Latinos.

Gosh, good luck with that Latin.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor:
                  Oh so you're talking about the Roman Latin.?

I'm wrong then. I'm very confuse about that latin thing anyway. Just like Mexicans here in Calif. don't like to be called Hispanics. They want to be called Latinos.

Gosh, good luck with that Latin.
                  Unfortunate they cannot be called Americans... [img]graemlins/barf.gif[/img]
                  Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

I already did it for you on the other board...

Etha owardca iesda a ousandtha eathsda, etha eroha utba oncea.
                    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor:
                      Just put "Riiicoo!! Suaavee!!" on your chest.

Seriously, according to my wife: El cobarde muere mil veces, pero el heroe muere solo una ves.

There's accent marks on some of the letters, but I don't know how to do that with my regular keyboard.
                      in spanish that says "the someone dies 1000 times, but the hero dies only once"
                      so at least in spanish thats consistant with what you want...but spanish isn't latin

by someone i mean i dont know what a cobarde is
                      Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

I could put it in German, or pig latin, thats just as epic. But the only thing I know in latin is Mors Principium Est (death is just the beginning) and willa es willa romano (this house is a roman house). Good tattoo idea by the way.
                        There is fast, too fast, and way too fast. Way too fast is almost fast enough.

Comment

Originally posted by shenanigans:
                          I already did it for you on the other board...

Etha owardca iesda a ousandtha eathsda, etha eroha utba oncea.
                          lol
                          -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

yeah, i need a real translator..but where do i find one of those?

Comment

Phonebook
                              Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X