another update........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another update........

Yeah, Neal Boortz update, but good COMMON SENSE reading here, no political party can run on.

Like you, I'm getting a bit weary of all of this arguing over what did and didn't happen to John Kerry in Vietnam. Things might be a bit different today if Kerry had not made his Vietnam service the focal point of his entire campaign. In short, John Kerry set this table, now he has to sit at it.
    Anyway ... this morning I engaged in a bit of fantasy. I thought about some things I would like to hear either a Republican or Democratic presidential candidate say during a major speech:

"Is my opponent talking about health care? Yes, he is. He's talking about how to get the government even more involved in your day-to-day relationship with your doctor. He's talking about limiting your freedom to make your own health care decisions. He's talking about putting the government in charge, and he's talking about spending over a trillion dollars to do it. I want to put you back in the driver's seat. You belong to you, not to the government, and you should make the decisions about your own health care. The competitive free enterprise system is the greatest system ever devised by man to deliver essential goods and services to the people at a reasonable price. For years the government has been interfering with the health care free market. Now that power rests in government, not the competitive marketplace, we can all see the problems this shift has caused. We will return the power to the marketplace and your control over your health care decisions to you."

"If elected I will immediately seek a repeal of the McCain Feingold campaign finance reform act. If we could use some sort of time travel to bring Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton and John Adams to visit us today during this presidential election, they would be repulsed by the idea that a group of ordinary citizens can't get together and pool their resources to support or oppose a specific presidential candidate. Our Constitution protects free speech ... and no speech is more worthy of protection than political speech. Not only will I ask for repeal of this dangerous law, but I will insure that any appointments I may be privileged to make to the Supreme Court will have a history of strong support for the free speech rights of Americans. And while we're discussing free speech, I believe that all First Amendment protections should be applied to the broadcast media as they are to the printed media."

"It is clear that our current system of raising revenue for the federal government is broken. If you have even the most basic sense of fairness and equity you will agree that there is no excuse for shouldering the top one percent of income earners in this country with 38% of our total income tax burden when they earn 17 of our total income. The Fair Tax plan allows every American to take home 100% of their paycheck, free from any federal withholding of any kind. It protects America's poorest families from any federal taxes of any type. With the Fair Tax our economy will become a tax-free haven for every business in the world. With the Fair Tax you would have to hide to avoid a good job ... so if you don't want to work, you had better start looking for a place to hide now, because if I'm elected the Fair Tax will become a reality."

"Perhaps the greatest fraud ever committed against the American people is Social Security. The government takes about 14% of the money you earn and then says that it might ... that's might give it back to you when you reach a certain age, an age subject to being increased, if you agree to stop earning money. Do you know that if you die this money just goes away? Don't you think that at the very least the money that is taken from your paychecks while you're alive should belong to your wife, husband or children when you die? And here's something else I'll bet you didn't know. In America black men have the lowest life expectancy, and white women live the longest. Social Security statistics show that the average black man loses $10,000 of his lifetime earnings to a white woman. Is there a problem here? Of course there is ... and as your president I'm going to work to give you control over your Social Security account. It's your money. The returns should be guaranteed, and they should go to your family if something should happen to you."

"I don't do drugs, and hopefully you don't either. But it's time to recognize that our war on drugs isn't working. We have the research to show that the most cost-effective way to get people off drugs is through treatment. What is our goal here? Do we want to move people off debilitating drugs and toward a productive life, or do we want to spend billions of dollars trying to punish them? A non-violent drug offender does not belong in a cell. He belongs in a treatment program that will return him to his family and his workplace. The hideous amount of money we're spending on this absurd war on drugs belongs back in the pockets of the people who earned it. It's time to put our revulsion aside and deal intelligently with the drug problem."
    The bastardification of Third & Fourth gen cars.

Neal Boortz is God :rolleyes:

Comment

I see that those five topics were too much to handle, huh?

.....Rasputin........can you heal thyself??????
      detachable pe-ni huh? is there something you're not telling us? [img]graemlins/barf.gif[/img]

Comment

I knew I left it somewhere.....

Comment

used the pump a little toooooo much, huh? ripped it right off.

Comment

I don't know who Neal Boortz is but if he does run for president he may just have my vote
            95 Firebird<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/673250\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/673250</a> <br /> <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y217/andrewbrandon19/\" target=\"_blank\">http://photobucket.com/albums/y217/andrewbrandon19/</a> <br /><br />me on a good day------&gt; <a href=\"http://communicatio.webblogg.se/images/wet_cat_113159625.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">linky</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X