Kid gets camaro... 9 hours later its hanging in a tree - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kid gets camaro... 9 hours later its hanging in a tree

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kid gets camaro... 9 hours later its hanging in a tree

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/653183

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

normally i'd say somthing about how stupid the kid is, but looking from the pictures he's lucky to be alive. If he was ment to live through that accident, it isnt my place to judge him.
    RedlineVSix

Comment

well, if you scroll tot he bottom, this is what he says happens... sounds fishy, but i dont know that it couldnt happen. if its true, then that guy has just about the worst luck possible.

The Story Behind the Wreck
      Called Smokey Point Dealership Saturday, July 10th and tried working out a price
      Called them again Sunday the 11th and got the price where I wanted and worked out a deal to pick it up on Wednesday July 14th.
      My dad, my girlfriend and I left at 5:30 AM on Wednesday July 14th to go pick up the car in Arlington, WA
      Arrived in Arlington at around noon, left Arlington after test driving and inspecting the car, only noticed 1 problem but had found it in every early 4th Gen camaro and firebird we test drove, the tranny shifted real hard even for bein an automatic.
      Stopped in at my house at around 11:15 PM with the car to show my mom before i took Chelsie home to her house.
      Kissed/hugged Chelsie goodnight, told her i love her, and miss her like usuall, then left at about 11:41 PM
      Left Chelsie's house, doing the speed limit (actually doin 62 by highway patrols investigation, speed limit 65) and driving normally
      At about 11:45 PM the Camaro's rearend went to hell and locked up because of a weld or something broke from just being worn out over the years, causing the rear wheels to lock up completely sending me off the road over a large embankment breaking tree tops off 30 ft in the air and rolling through 5 and landing 3 ft off the ground stuck in a mess of tree branches and all that, after the wreck something (I KNOW I DIDNT DO IT) unhooked my seatbelt pulled me out of the mess and carried me up to the road
      At 12:05 PM a car with 2 ladys found me walking on the road, my face had deep lacerasions and i couldnt see and was lucky to be standing, the ambulance arrived about 7 mins after and put casts on my arm and hip wrist and hand because they were broken, tried to keep my gashes from makin me bleed to death then sometime i got 2 and a 1/2 pints of blood

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Totally fixable... A little bondo and chewing gum and its good as new.
        \'96 A4 Camaro 3800<br />Nothing but... <br />Flowmaster 40 series

Comment

:eek:
          1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

like woah...
            96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

That car got effed.
              1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

nothing some good ole elbow grease can't fix
                99 WS6
                13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
                tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

lol, I think he's full of ****. Rearend locked up..pfft. More like he finally had a chance to see what it could do after dropping his gf off.....And he just lost it.

Comment

Originally posted by camaroincal:
                    lol, I think he's full of ****. Rearend locked up..pfft. More like he finally had a chance to see what it could do after dropping his gf off.....And he just lost it.
                    Well in a ranger I had once, the rearend locked up doing 55 mph and it was like I had slammed on the brakes. I got out, looked underneath and everything seemed to be intact. Tried driving but it wouldnt go into gear. Turns out that the rearend didn't have any fluid and it locked everything up. All of the synchros were blown. They tried rebuilding the tranny...the guy took it apart and just laughed. I replaced everything from the tranny back.
                    Andrew

Comment

^^^^True, it can look just fine. But if I were that kids dad, I would hope he never had the SS that he wants....
                      Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

I have little pity for it, unless what happened was sincere.
                        Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

Comment

Well, I've been on the fire dept for 12+ years.

I've seen MANY car accidents, been to several fire academy's and seen endless training video's.

His accident... looks unnatural.

Car's do UNREAL things in accident's... but this one looks extreme.

The front bumper support is gone and the area's where it is bolted on are NOT destroyed/ mangled.... I can see 1 or 2 bolts being sheered off.... but ALL?!?!?! and no other related bending?

Typically the fire dept would use the jaws of life to open the door and cutters to remove roof, but he claims he was found walking along the road. The roof and drivers side door look removed by fire dept.

I dunno.... whatever happened, that kid is UNNATURALLY lucky to be alive!

I bet when the tow truck arrived the car got MUCH nmore damaged when it was yanked out of the trees.
                          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

LOL, kid's probably making up a story to cover up how he wasn't wearing a seatbelt and wrecked his car... a good traffic accident investigator would put HUGE holes into his story if he's lying. I'm sure by looking at his seatbelt there would be telltale stretching/tearing at certain areas of stitching... also, the skidmarks the car would leave from the rear locking up would be a great sign as well.

If he isn't at fault, I'm glad he's still alive.

If he is at fault, I'm still glad he's alive, but why is he blaming HIS mistakes on the car? Possible lawsuit? If this is the case, I hope he loses.
                            Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

If he is telling the truth, then I'd think the dealership is at fault. The last car that I had before my camaro, was an avenger, only because the camaro that I had picked out ('94, auto), they had just finished a safety check, and needed more work than the car was worth. They wouldn't sell the car knowing that its brakes needed to be completely replaced. On the other hand, he is still in high school, and it sounds like the first chance he had to open the car up was after he dropped his girlfriend off. Ya never know
                              2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X