This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vanbibber:

good luck trying to get through to them. ive tried for like four days. :mad:
    i didnt even bother tryin to get through to them...
    1995 Camaro 3.4L Black with T tops, 5 speed manual<br /><br />Mods:<br />Pro 5.0 short throw shifter, MSD Ignition coils, 3.73 gears, Torsen LSD,Mac diff cover, Umi LCAs<br />K&N Cold Air Intake, Window Tint (20% rear, 35%front), aluminum driveshaft, fastchip tuning

Comment

• Originally posted by KBeezy:
      *raises hand* Once I finish up the rest of the work I'll have a car that'll run against the Supra. It's only a turd *** Firebird with a heavy *** big block.

And anyone whos raced before knows the cheapest way to be fast is the GM Small Block. The problem with Supras is that IRS which inhibits their ability to launch as compared to a live-axle rear car [img]smile.gif[/img] Why do you think so many of em are show cars and dyno queens? Because most of their owners cant drive em for ****. Im happy to see another person out there actually running theirs the way it should be (Shane)... [img]smile.gif[/img]
      Yeah my 1.70 60ft's own you!! Ive only had the car on the dyno once and that was to tune the car....never have out it back on it cuz I dont care about dyno numbers ;)

Heres a Vid of WOTM street driven full weight Supra..

http://homepage.mac.com/rdwoon/SIR9.25@1586.4.05.mov
      Past Ride
      1995 Firebird A4 3.8 Turbocharged -- 12.50 at 108
      (If you dont know me, you haven't had a V6 long enough)

Current Ride
      2006 Mitsubishi Evolution GSR

www.myspace.com/shane1015

Comment

• Originally posted by shenanigans:
        One of the reasons why the supra is still pretty expensive for a 10-12 year old car, is because it is such a good base to start off of and mod and race. Look at the price of Lt1s.
        True they are a strong base line car to start off of, but they should be for the MSRP.
        1998: Supra MSRP: $40,508
        1998: Camaro Z28 MSRP: $20,470
        But the main reason they're still expensive is because they started out extremely expensive and their production numbers are low.

Supra 98 Production Numbers:
        ~680 Total Supras Produced
        ~416 were twin turbos (0 hardtops, ~279 6spd/targas, ~137 4spd auto/targas)
        ~264 were non-turbos (~36 hardtops, ~228 Targas)

Supra 97 Production Numbers:
        1,621 Total Supras Sold

Compared to F-bodies
        '98 LS1 (just Camaros, not including Firebirds) (Z28 and SS) - 17,663 - 36.4%
        \'98 z28<br /> <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a245/GreatSave9/?start=all\" target=\"_blank\">http://photobucket.com/albums/a245/GreatSave9/?start=all</a>

Comment

• Originally posted by shenanigans:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by kinetic:
          hmm...

try killing a ZL1, which has no turbos.

ZL1s make vipers and Z06s look like AMC Gremlins.

i'm with brink on this one... fartcan-toting ricers are no match for domestic muscle, especially at top-end.

a friend told me a guy he was riding with in FL once cruised at 160 down the freeway in a souped up '00 Eclipse Spyder, and a '96 Impala SS pulled next to him, smiled, and took off. Rice boy tried to catch up, but no dice. He then got off the freeway in shame.

moral of the story ... 8 &gt; 6 .
          Honestly I think I just became stupider reading this post.

the ZL1 concept, is basically a race built car... I mean a topfuel dragster is "stock" it came out that way. :rolleyes: I love the car but to compare it to a stock street driven car is stupid. If I wasn't lazy I would go do a search and look up some supra concept, that put out crazy power like that as well. But was never sold.

Then you compared a '00 v6 eclipse convertable vs a impala SS? And say "american muscle always wins!"

Do the same race... 2004 EX v6 6-speed honda Accord vs. a v6 f-body convertable. Let see who wins.
          </font>[/QUOTE]If you were to race a same year EX to a same year fbody i'm pretty sure the fbod would win
          Mystic Teal Metallic
          ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

• Originally posted by teal99camaro:
            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by shenanigans:
            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by kinetic:
            hmm...

try killing a ZL1, which has no turbos.

ZL1s make vipers and Z06s look like AMC Gremlins.

i'm with brink on this one... fartcan-toting ricers are no match for domestic muscle, especially at top-end.

a friend told me a guy he was riding with in FL once cruised at 160 down the freeway in a souped up '00 Eclipse Spyder, and a '96 Impala SS pulled next to him, smiled, and took off. Rice boy tried to catch up, but no dice. He then got off the freeway in shame.

moral of the story ... 8 &gt; 6 .
            Honestly I think I just became stupider reading this post.

the ZL1 concept, is basically a race built car... I mean a topfuel dragster is "stock" it came out that way. :rolleyes: I love the car but to compare it to a stock street driven car is stupid. If I wasn't lazy I would go do a search and look up some supra concept, that put out crazy power like that as well. But was never sold.

Then you compared a '00 v6 eclipse convertable vs a impala SS? And say "american muscle always wins!"

Do the same race... 2004 EX v6 6-speed honda Accord vs. a v6 f-body convertable. Let see who wins.
            </font>[/QUOTE]If you were to race a same year EX to a same year fbody i'm pretty sure the fbod would win
            </font>[/QUOTE]What about same year Supra to same year Camaro?
            -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

• well since everyone on here is so interested in what ifs.... what if you took a none turbo subra against a v6 camaro? what would that look like? i mean its pretty much the same thing right? base subra against base camaro.... hmmmm..... and yeah ur not gonna get through to them eric... brink and his step daddy kinetic arent the sharpest tools in the shed.... ;)
              disclaimer: \"warning.. this post may contain somewhat of a funny comment if read properly... take my comment out of context at your own discretion...\"

Comment

• Originally posted by dashboardrunner:
                brink and his step daddy kinetic arent the sharpest tools in the shed.... ;)
                they are a tool shed. ;)
                Past Ride

Current Ride

Comment

• Originally posted by Shane:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dashboardrunner:
                  they are a tool shed. ;) </font>[/QUOTE]haha yeah but you better watch out... because theyve got all american muscle on their side and that is sooooo much better then an import... hahaha i couldnt even type that without laughing... lol, has he gotten directions to race ya yet shane? u'll have to video that one for sure if brinks step daddy isnt tooo scared to step up...
                  disclaimer: \"warning.. this post may contain somewhat of a funny comment if read properly... take my comment out of context at your own discretion...\"

Comment

• Originally posted by dashboardrunner:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Shane:
                    they are a tool shed. ;) </font>[/QUOTE]haha yeah but you better watch out... because theyve got all american muscle on their side and that is sooooo much better then an import... hahaha i couldnt even type that without laughing... lol, has he gotten directions to race ya yet shane? u'll have to video that one for sure if brinks step daddy isnt tooo scared to step up... </font>[/QUOTE]haha nah he hasnt got directions yet.....Brink is just another typical keyboard warrior.....but IF he ever lifts his dress up and come down ill be ready for his daddy.
                    Past Ride

Current Ride

Comment

• Originally posted by Shane:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Shane:
                      they are a tool shed. ;) </font>[/QUOTE]haha yeah but you better watch out... because theyve got all american muscle on their side and that is sooooo much better then an import... hahaha i couldnt even type that without laughing... lol, has he gotten directions to race ya yet shane? u'll have to video that one for sure if brinks step daddy isnt tooo scared to step up... </font>[/QUOTE]haha nah he hasnt got directions yet.....Brink is just another typical keyboard warrior.....but IF he ever lifts his dress up and come down ill be ready for his daddy. </font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                      Or this

Comment

• Originally posted by greatsave9:
                        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by shenanigans:
                        One of the reasons why the supra is still pretty expensive for a 10-12 year old car, is because it is such a good base to start off of and mod and race. Look at the price of Lt1s.
                        True they are a strong base line car to start off of, but they should be for the MSRP.
                        1998: Supra MSRP: $40,508
                        1998: Camaro Z28 MSRP: $20,470
                        But the main reason they're still expensive is because they started out extremely expensive and their production numbers are low.

Supra 98 Production Numbers:
                        ~680 Total Supras Produced
                        ~416 were twin turbos (0 hardtops, ~279 6spd/targas, ~137 4spd auto/targas)
                        ~264 were non-turbos (~36 hardtops, ~228 Targas)

Supra 97 Production Numbers:
                        1,621 Total Supras Sold

Compared to F-bodies
                        '98 LS1 (just Camaros, not including Firebirds) (Z28 and SS) - 17,663 - 36.4%
                        </font>[/QUOTE]I agree there is a price gap, but also take in account the low build number and import costs, I bet the F-body in Japan costs more then a supra in Japan.

Originally posted by teal99camaro:
                        If you were to race a same year EX to a same year fbody i'm pretty sure the fbod would win
                        Like said, now we are talking about same years? Now the Supra is going up against the LT1, which makes less power then the Supra.
                        -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X