Would i be able to sue over this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would i be able to sue over this

Ok, so back in April of 2004....i bought my baby with 39K miles on it at a dealership. One point that they repeatedly made clear to me was that they had looked up the cars history..and it only had 1 previous owner, but told me for "confidentiality" reasons, they could not allow me to view the papers they had. But they assured me, the car had 1 owner, and it was some elderly folks, and had never been crashed. I was so in love with this car the minute i laid eyes on it, that it didnt really strike me as being strange.

Well...i did a background check on Carfax the other day, to find out it has had 4 previous owners, 2 from out of state. It was repossessed once, and sold at an auction. In addition, the report also stated the car was wrecked...and obviously fixed. My dad, an automotive painter, noticed this the other day when i was showing him how the clearcoat was peeling. He didnt have to look for more than 2 seconds...and he said...."this car was crashed." Well, he was right.

Right now im sooo pissed off, i want to take it and drive it right through every single one of their showeroom windows, and then run over the guy that jewed me on this one. What kind of legal action can i take, cause at this point, i WILL be an *******. :mad: :mad:

Unless there was a contract stating what they told you, it's your word against theirs, and I'll bet they have more money than you for lawyers so it would be fruitless. You'll just have to vandalize the cars on the lot to get your retribution.

g
    2002 Pewter V6 Camaro M5 <br /><br />Quickest stock-motor N/A V6 4th Gen F-body.<br />2nd Quickest N/A V6 4th Gen F-body overall.<br />mods: Gear, weight reduction, tuning <br /><br />Fear the Gear. 13.585 @ 100.05 1.827 60\'<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.NJFBOA.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.NJFBOA.org</a>

Comment

G is probably right. WHat I would do is go to the dealership and ***** about it to someone in charge just be a royal pain in the *** in hopes of getting them to repaint it or do something just so you go away.
      \'96 A4 Camaro 3800<br />Nothing but... <br />Flowmaster 40 series

Comment

unless you want to get rid of the car and be issued some sort of refund theres really no point..i dont trust a word that comes out of a dealers mouth..thats why you do this ahead of time..and unless there proof that he said this..you'd be out of luck..so you can either get proof with some type of small recorder or something if he even remember you or the car..or..pipe bombs can be your friend :D ..sorry man
        <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

I like paintball guns..... I dont like dealerships.... hmmm... [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]
          Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenPunisher:
            Ok, so back in April of 2004....i bought my baby.......
            right there is your biggest problem. If your really that pissed about it, decide what you want out of it.... maybe them getting the car repainted since the clear is peeling due to a ****ty repair job. Go and talk to the manager of the dealership. (Is it a dealership, or some joe's used car dealership?) Tell them your situation, that you think their sales tactics suck, and that you will write a letter to the editor of your local papers describing your dealings with them.
            \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

if the odometer was rolled back , by law, even if u have it like 10 years... the dealership has to take it back for the full price you paid......

other than that, you gonna need paperwork on any other issues....

Comment

See...i have a couple other side issues with this...and its really screwy.

First off, yes, i am absolutely super pissed.

Second...this is an extremely reputable dealership..probably the biggest within about 100 miles. 1000's of cars...

Third...the dealership...is owned by my girlfriend's family. I dont want to ***** about it, but i dont want to make it look to them like im pulling sh)t out my *** to get a free paintjob.

Fourth...yes, still very pissed.

And finally..the guy who sold us the car...is the same one that had sold us 4 vehicles before mine, and we're on good terms with him. Well, not so much anymore, but this is hard to go about.

Comment

If your girlfriend family owns it, then it should be alot easier. Just have her tell whoever it is that owns it whats going on and that you are pissed.
                  \'96 A4 Camaro 3800<br />Nothing but... <br />Flowmaster 40 series

Comment

Do you love the car any less because they lied to you? Do you hate the car now that the clear coat is peeling? It does suck that they screwed you over, but chances are you'll never get anything back from the dealership. Just have your dad repaint it and move on. Just enjoy the car and avoid that salesman in the future.
                    ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

I love the car, reguardless. Im pissed however because i had no clue this car was wrecked, repossessed, and auctioned, with 4 previous owners. That sounds a little worse than what i was told, which was 1 previous owner...elderly folks.

Comment

You got lied to. Welcome to the real world. I bet if you shoot me a VIN, a carfax would report all this information that you're talking about. Accident is iffy though, since it's only on a carfax report if it was reported to the insurance company.

Anyways, why would you want to sue the business that's owned by your G/F's parents? Just talk to them first, with no threats. Good luck.
                        Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

At least they didn't loose your headers like the post office did to me....I say paint it and enjoy it. You don't want to tee off the gf or her family, that would be worse than what your going through now.
                          Jessica :)<br />Kansas: There\'s no place like home...99 Firebird Blown/6lbs, Eaton w/3.42\'s CI headers Z28 Exaust<br />CAI, #36 injectors Intense PCM

Comment

man good luck but it looks like your in a hole!
                            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

The lesson to come from this is to carfax BEFORE you buy. always always always

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X