Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boss

Can go straight to hell :mad:

I got a call on Friday saying I *am* covering 3rd shift (11p-7a) Monday and Tuesday. It's fuggen BS. Here's the reason it's BS, I work 6a-6p Saturday and Sunday. That means I leave work sunday evening and A) have to try and stay up over 24 hours after working 2, 12 hour shifts so I can get enough sleep so I'm not nodding off on my drive home. Or B) go to sleep at my normal time of 9-10pm, wake up around 8-9 in the morning, go to work at 11pm that night, and drive home extremely exhausted, risking causing an accident. I'm hoping for A, but I foresee B happening.

I'm filing a formal complaint with HR first thing Tuesday morning.

Edit: On top of everything, I'm not even getting any overtime from this.

[ June 18, 2005, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: camaro_speedemon ]
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

That sounds like balls man. I know I'd be pissed off. Hope everything works out for you, it's stories like these that make me appreciate my boss. He's really cool, I basically make my own hours, the only thing he wants me to do is show up when I say I will show up [img]smile.gif[/img]
    *SOLD 9/4/05*<br />1998 Navy Blue Metallic Camaro M5<br />-Flowmaster cat back<br />-Accel Ignition<br />-K&N Air Filter<br />-Hurst Shift Knob<br /><br />Currently vehicle-less at Ohio State :(

Comment

Thank god for Unions that bleed your friendly corporations and their harmless managers dry. ;)

Its things like this that don't make me miss places like wal-mart...so the next time one of you posts "Unions are worthless now a days."

Think twice...
      -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

Only one more hour to go, and I can barely keep my eyes open. I was luckely able to get 12 hours of sleep last night, but my bodies internal clock is telling me it's way past my bedtime.

To make things worse, its been busy as hell to. I can barely concentrate. I've caught about 4 mistakes I've made, but with my luck, I'll miss one major mistake and get written up for it. ****ing jackass boss.
        <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Oh yea, I was talking to one of my coworkers about this situation and they were like "That's what I had to do yesterday, I don't see what the big deal is"

The big deal is one, I'm the only person in the department that has a wife and kids. Secondly, your body needs a consistant sleep schedule. If you deprive your body of that, you're more prone to getting sick, have a general feeling of tiredness and lack of motivation and that's just to list a few.

I'm praying by the end of the year, my buisness will be generating enough money so I can actually quit this ****hole I call a job.

Comment

Sucks that you're going through it. I go through the same thing, but I work for the Air Force and get paid the same amount as some slacker that works many other AFSC's that only work 8 hours a day with a lunch break and extra days off for down days, family days, holidays, etc etc etc. I feel for you.
            Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

Originally posted by L32Projekt:
              Sucks that you're going through it. I go through the same thing, but I work for the Air Force and get paid the same amount as some slacker that works many other AFSC's that only work 8 hours a day with a lunch break and extra days off for down days, family days, holidays, etc etc etc. I feel for you.
              It wouldn't be so bad, but the politics in my department are horrible. 4 of the 6 people that work here are friends with management. The two people that aren't, me and another guy, get **** on all the time. I've found out that the guy that started 3 or 4 months after me(but good friends with the VP), makes $1.50 more an hour. The two part-time guys, well they used to be, who's only been here maybe 2 years, make $1 more then me. To make matters worse, the guy that makes 1.50 more then me, he just got promoted to supervisor. I wasn't so mad by this, as he's cool and my older super was a dick, but he's not really qualified. One of the part-times, also got promoted because the other supervisor doesnt know crap about computers.

Now I've been here 5 1/2 years, the second only to the department retard, so he doesn't really count. You'd think that I would have some senority [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] yea right.

Comment

Hey i feel bad for ya. We are moving and I have to work 12 days straight 12 hours a day which sucks too. I just cant do it. Getting up in the morning is a big struggle, like right now.
                <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/maleet\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Silver Firebird</a> <br />Basic mods... nothing real special but it sure looks good!<br /><a href=\"http://www.maleetpobanz.com\" target=\"_blank\">maleetpobanz.com</a>

Comment

That sucks man - You should call in sick for a few days and say the sleep deprivation caused you to get a nasty cold
                  <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X