David Blaine How Does He Levitate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Blaine How Does He Levitate?

How does this guy do it? i mean he flots 8'' or so off the ground in the middle of a busy street.

Some of his other magic tricks also are amazing...

Saw how he does it....a forklift. He's as crooked as any scam artist out there, except he looks cool doing it. It's all fake. He does it in front of the people watching in a way that he can lift himself up on one foot without them seeing. Then they go back to the stage and lift him up with a forklift or something for the scenes you see.

Edit: Here's what he does out on the street: http://www.magiclearn.50megs.com/photo2.html
    He does that to film the audience's reaction, before filming the scenes you see on TV of him floating high off the ground.

[ September 10, 2005, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: 98Camaro3.8 ]
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Camaro3.8:
      Saw how he does it....a forklift. He's as crooked as any scam artist out there, except he looks cool doing it. It's all fake. He does it in front of the people watching in a way that he can lift himself up on one foot without them seeing. Then they go back to the stage and lift him up with a forklift or something for the scenes you see.

Edit: Here's what he does out on the street: http://www.magiclearn.50megs.com/photo2.html
      He does that to film the audience's reaction, before filming the scenes you see on TV of him floating high off the ground.
      thats one trick he does, but in this other one the camera is right behind him and you have a clear view of both his feet and both his shoes come completely off the ground about 6''

Comment

There's a couple paragraphs on that page that explain the whole thing. [img]smile.gif[/img]

For the television special, Blaine performed the Balducci levitation in front of several hundred different groups of people, and the camera was angled only to catch their reactions. The method he used for this is the Balducci method, described above. While taping all the hundreds of performances, the producers keyed in on the audience members with the most visual reaction. After the Balducci levitation, the producers of the show had these same people stand by for another taping of the illusion, this time the camera would shoot from behind the audience members to get a clear view of Blaine in action. The audience members were told that this second performance was to show them how magicians could use wires to levitate. And this is exactly what happened. A small harness and rig (just out of camera view) was set up and Blaine performed a standard wire-suspension.

What Blaine did was a camera trick - known as a post-production edit. The audience at home watched the second (wire suspension) levitation performance, with the audience reaction of the Balducci levitation edited in. It was said, in the television special, that no strings or wires were used to perform Blaine's levitation and there are no camera tricks. This is a lie, his show is basically based on camera tricks, editing and production. DAVID BLAIN IS A LUCKY, AMATEUR MAGICIAN THAT WAS IN THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME! Nothing more, mabey less.
        Matt
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

yea my mistake, i just had finished reading the whole thing...

Comment

its actually ezer than that, when they show his feet like 8" off the ground they do use a lift or whatever. but on the street u can do a trick so it appears u levatated about 1-2" off the ground depending on how strong your calf is. just stand with your back to the audience slightly to an angle you will see why, with your feet tightly together so that they can only see the heel of your back foot. keeping the front foot flat stand on the back foot(tippy toe) your front foot should hide the back toes and it will appear that you have levatated!!! [img]graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
            -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

Ya the one where you stand on you tip toe you just have to know how to position yourself to the people watching and where you put your foot so its hidden in the shawdow the foot that is off the ground casts.
              \'96 A4 Camaro 3800<br />Nothing but... <br />Flowmaster 40 series

Comment

But historically and even today there are actual people that do levitate. Cloistered Nuns and Buddhist monks have been seen to levitate during there intense meditation.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Must be their diet of cabbage and beans... ;)
                  Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

i don't know on the one with the dallas cowboys both his feet move together and stay flat and you can all the way under his feet.......

i would have to see it in person before i say its fake
                    www.turbov6camaro.com
                    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af:
                      i don't know on the one with the dallas cowboys both his feet move together and stay flat and you can all the way under his feet.......
                      Read the above....when you see his feet off the ground is when they lift him with the cables. ;)
                      Matt

Comment

Originally posted by L32Projekt:
                        Must be their diet of cabbage and beans... ;)
                        yeah extra lift from behind [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Comment

I believe in the supernatural, ghosts, etc. But it's not David Blaine or David Copperfield, or any other magician. Their skill lies in the field of illusion and entertainment. I used to think there was something supernatural about it, but its all fake. For every awesome trick you see, there is an explanation. The ones where Copperfield makes an entire jumbo jet disappear in front of 200 people, its BS too. Back when I believed this stuff, I used to think Copperfield and Blaine were devils or evil demons, but I realize they are just normal human dickheads.

Comment

How did he do the trick with the bum and the cup of coffee? The bum had a cup of hot coffee with steam coming out of it and all of that and then he took the cup in his hands and slowly quarters came up from the bottom of the cup to fill it and the coffee went away... that was really cool.
                            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/maleet\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Silver Firebird</a> <br />Basic mods... nothing real special but it sure looks good!<br /><a href=\"http://www.maleetpobanz.com\" target=\"_blank\">maleetpobanz.com</a>

Comment

Nevermind. Just found out. lol
                              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/maleet\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Silver Firebird</a> <br />Basic mods... nothing real special but it sure looks good!<br /><a href=\"http://www.maleetpobanz.com\" target=\"_blank\">maleetpobanz.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X