First time on I-4!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time on I-4!!!

Well at about 7:00 this morning I said to my Mom lets go for a cruise, because it was only 72 degrees outside. So we go and I said want to see how fast it is, so she said all right lets go on I-4! So I get on doing around 60 mph, then I said all right here we go, from 60 to 110 it took only a few seconds! I kept slowing down to 60 then flooring it over and over from Apopka to Downtown, then the same back from Downtown to Apopka! I have been in my friends '93 LT1 Formula and my car feels way faster! Maybe because his car had 170,000 miles on it before he sold it. I think my car is a factory freak! Below are my modifications, as of right now! :D

Modifications
    Custom PVC Intake
    Smoothed & Cut Airbox
    Free Ram Air Modification
    Fram Air Hog Hi-Performance Air Filter
    Flowmaster Catback w/ an open Cutout mounted after the Resonator
    Mobil 1 10W30 Synthetic Oil w/ a Fram Oil Filter

Weight Reduction (70 lbs)
    Jack- 10 lbs
    Spare Tire- 28 lbs
    Rear Seat Assembly- 16 lbs
    Rear Seatbelts- 8 lbs
    Rear Flap- 4 lbs
    Sun Visors- 2 lbs
    Air Silencer- 2 lbs

Thanks for reading my long post!! :D
    2002 Z28 A4
    SLP Lid | TSP Rumbler | P&P Throttle Body | No Cats | 3.42s | M/T Drag Radials | No Front Sway Bar

12.76 @ 108.42 w/ 1.90 60’

Be careful on I4. Cops LOVE that interstate.
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Luckily when I slowed back down to 60, I saw a cop pulled over a Tuner on the other side of the interstate.
      2002 Z28 A4
      SLP Lid | TSP Rumbler | P&P Throttle Body | No Cats | 3.42s | M/T Drag Radials | No Front Sway Bar

Comment

where is I4?
        Dave:
        00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
        97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319:
          where is I4?
          It runs east and west from Tampa to Orlando.
          <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

:rolleyes: x 10.

Exactly what we need. Young kids driving down I-4 at 100+ with their parents egging them on. What could go wrong?

That's why insurance rates are so high. :rolleyes:

[ September 10, 2005, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: 98Camaro3.8 ]
            Matt
            1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
            Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Do Cops patrol the turnpikes decently?

My last trip on I-4 took me about an Hour, from Orlando to Daytona...
              1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

I'd say cops don't patrol the turnpike too much, but then again I have gotten 2 tickets on the FL turnpike.

But I4 is pretty bad LOTS of undercover cops, like new mustangs, white minivans, Jeep cherokees, red marauders, older mustangs, etc...

Either way man best way to tell how well the car runs...

Orlando Speed world... $15 to race [img]smile.gif[/img]
                -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Originally posted by shenanigans:

But I4 is pretty bad LOTS of undercover cops, like new mustangs, white minivans, Jeep cherokees, red marauders, older mustangs, etc...

1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

I am getting $500 from my Parents for a few more modifications this Christmas. After that, I will defiantly be going to the track this winter. :D
                    2002 Z28 A4

Comment

Originally posted by 98Camaro3.8:
                      :rolleyes: x 10.

Exactly what we need. Young kids driving down I-4 at 100+ with their parents egging them on. What could go wrong?

That's why insurance rates are so high. :rolleyes:
                      I was only playing around this one time; I will NEVER go that fast again. ONLY at the track this winter! ;)
                      2002 Z28 A4

Comment

I'd say cops don't patrol the turnpike too much, but then again I have gotten 2 tickets on the FL turnpike.

i can't imagine getting pulled over by a minivan
                        Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

Cops used to have a guy with radar or laser on the Wymore Road overpass over I-4 in Maitland. The cops pulling people over were located about a mile further down the road.

[ September 10, 2005, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: Everglades W68 ]
                          I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                          CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                          FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by maxcamaro:
                            I didn't imagine getting pulled over by an black F350 with duallies as I blew by him. But he had in dash lights and gave me 2 tickets.

In FL you have to be careful, at least it seems to be majority Fords, but still...

hell the chick that got pulled over in FL and tased a few times, the cops were driving an yellow '03 Cobra.
                            -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by maxcamaro:
                              I didn't imagine getting pulled over by an black F350 with duallies as I blew by him. But he had in dash lights and gave me 2 tickets.

In FL you have to be careful, at least it seems to be majority Fords, but still...

hell the chick that got pulled over in FL and tased a few times, the cops were driving an yellow '03 Cobra.
                              </font>[/QUOTE]yeah one of my friends got pulled over by a cobra about a 1 1/2 years ago. Ive never seen a cobra cop myself but im pretty sure the local department has like two. The only other cop cars are like crown vicks and like base model f-150s
                              Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X