good article about the mess that is New Oreleans - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

good article about the mess that is New Oreleans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dz:
    Floridians don't ***** because they're not stuck in the middle of a ditch.

It's not the hurricane that's destroyed New Orleans. It's the flooding because the water has nowhere to go.
    So, just because there was no flooding doesn't mean there wasn't any damage. Oh yea, there were TONS of flooding here. Was it as bad as N.O.? NO, but there was a lot of it.

And saying the 'Hurricane' didn't cause the damage is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. The levees didn't fill themselves. The Katrina overloaded the levee system and caused the city to flood.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I'm not saying the hurricane didn't do all that. I worded it wrong.

What I meant to say was that the long lasting flood is what's killing the city. It's one thing to go through a hurricane, but it's a whole set of other things when the water that comes in doesn't leave. On top of it not leaving, it's also infected with chemicals, oil, dead bodies and disease.

That is the big issue. A much bigger issue than the hurricane itself.
    97 Camaro<br />94 Blazer<br />~

Comment

Originally posted by dz:
      Floridians don't ***** because they're not stuck in the middle of a ditch.

It's not the hurricane that's destroyed New Orleans. It's the flooding because the water has nowhere to go.
      Yes, this is true. I would say a strong combination of both ofcourse.

People, you do have to realize that New Orlean is place that doesn't want to change and update things. If you notice, the French Quarters are still around. Old buildings that was pre-USA are still around as well. They keep this around for tourist reason. Not a whole lot gets updated.

The governments there refuse to comply with the codes that are standard today. I got tired of them blaming Bush for not funding them to building and recontructing the levies. The truth is, they were funded, but they refuse alocate the money for it. Again, they didn't expect something like this could happen.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

I don't see how they could NOT expect something like this to happen eventually. They, like FL, are located right on the gulf coast. Prime location for tropical activity!
        97 Camaro 3.8 M5<br />Red<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Magnaflow full 3\" catback<br />Magnaflow 3\" in/out cat<br />Gotta love it.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/849743/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/849743/1</a>

Comment

that story is a prime example of why my town is protesting against taking in refugees into my small, high income, white town. we dont want rapists, killers, and thugs robbing our stores, homes, cars and causing trouble in our town and schools because they have nothing and are not grateful for what is given to them. you may call me/us racist or cold hearted, but i consider myself culturalist if that is a word. i dont want trashy people black or white in my town. we have done a good job keeping thugs and trailer trash out of our town and now thats being disrupted without our say. i feel for those who lost everything and aren't able to rebuild because of the flood but that has been over shadowed by worthless people.

[ September 11, 2005, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: BLLDOGG ]
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            4 days ago
          • ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            2 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X