No announcement yet.

!!!! Remember the Tornado?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KFOR in Oklahoma City did a test of it on several different vehicles. It did not work or it reduced mileage.

They basically called it junk.
    2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

Originally posted by shock_core:
      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by WSU77:
      If anyone is serious about buying one I have a proposal for you.

1. Pay $100 and see how it doesn't work first hand

OR

2. Give me $100 and Ill kick you in the balls for thinking about buying it, then I will give you $25 back for letting me kick you. However, you will still be better off than buying it.
      I'll offer the same deal, except i'll give you $50 back for letting me kick u in the balls. </font>[/QUOTE]Thats a bargain.

Comment

Remember, the whole point of the product is to cut the restriction induced by the stock intake. Most of us have already done that. it probably does help breathing a little on other cars with more restrictive stock intakes.
        How can something you are sticking in your intake reduce restriction in the intake? The thing is total BS no matter what car you have.

Most cars already have grooves somewhere along the intake path (not sure where) that swirl the air around to help with fuel atomization.
        SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

V8killer:
          I've kept extremely accurate details of my car's mileage since new that I've posted on several other strings. Trust me when I say that the mileage went down and went right back to normal once I removed it.

Of course, once I "made it fit" it kinda looked like I'd stuffed a metal sock in my car's windpipe. :cool:
          1997 Camaro, Y87 Perf. Package, iRotor Drilled & Slotted Brakes, Bilstien Shocks, Custom drive shaft, K&N Filter, & Mobil 1 synthetic. 202+K miles and still drives like new.<br />-If you can\'t stomp \'em in the straights, kill \'em in the corners...

Comment

if this actually does work why doesn't anybody invest in the electric superchargers?
            3.73 gears ramair kit flowmaster is no more now BORLA cat-back 3\"catco cat<br />best et w/ flowmaster 14.8 best et w/ open borla 14.62@94mph :)best et w/ open borla and drag radials 14.4 at 96 o yea and a set of pacesetters

Comment

Originally posted by 99davenport:
              if this actually does work why doesn't anybody invest in the electric superchargers?
              yep same with fuel additives and stickers
              Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

wow you all are saying it doesnt work without even trying it :rolleyes:

Comment

why try it if almost everyone says that its a waste. and most of the people that have tried them, say they wasted money.

think about it.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                  Or this

Comment

Originally posted by BiH:
                    wow you all are saying it doesnt work without even trying it :rolleyes:
                    I knew the tornado was junk just from the commericals. "Swirling air technology like in jet engines." Last time I check jets didn't swirl ****. They're thinking of a toilet. Ironically thats where the Tornado belongs.
                    1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

gee I dont know about junk part,but I gained 15hp from it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

BiH: As I said...

Originally posted by rhouse21:
                        I admit that I actually bought one a few years back just to see if it really did anything. I ordered directly from the company and.... it didn't fit.

When I called the company, the tech I talked to advised me to go ahead and bend it up "to make it fit." I did and observed over the next few tanks that it actually REDUCED my mileage by a couple of mpg. Granted, this was probably not the ideal application of the product and Tornado was very cooperative with processing my refund, but I think the point still stands that there are more cost effective ways for us to improve our mileage on our cars....
                        I'm sure there's some rule of etiquite I just broke by quoting myself, but I tried it and it didn't work for MY 97. I imagine it might work better on the 98-02's because of the straight-shot to the throttle body, but for me it actually negatively impacted my performance.
                        1997 Camaro, Y87 Perf. Package, iRotor Drilled & Slotted Brakes, Bilstien Shocks, Custom drive shaft, K&N Filter, & Mobil 1 synthetic. 202+K miles and still drives like new.<br />-If you can\'t stomp \'em in the straights, kill \'em in the corners...

Comment

Tornados belong in Kansas, not your intake.
                          <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Hey, we have our fair share down here! Don't take that away! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                            2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

I am surprised that this topic has gotten as far as it has about somthing so pointless its not worth discussing. Fact of the matter is sticking sh*t into your intake is not going to help, but hinder.
                              1995 Pontiac Firebird
                              2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                58 minutes ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X