Confession to make: I'm a cop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confession to make: I'm a cop

Ok, well, not really. But I do have a funny / interesting story to tell.

Last summer, a friend and I were cruising around the neighborhood. We both have Z28s, his a 2002 dark blue with T-Tops, and mine the white 1998 hard top. We were cruising very slowly through a construction zone in a low income residential neighborhood when we almost came to a complete stop for a bump. My friend Doug was in the other seat, and we were talking to my friend Rich (directly in front of us) on our walkie talkies.

Well, Doug looks out the side window at this skinny, sickly looking white guy sitting on his porch drinking a can of Busch, and says "How's it going."

To our surprise he says "Alright officer, thank you."

So we both suppress a smile, then Doug gives him the "officer nod" and says "Be safe." and we drive off. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Flash forward to last month. I was at Stewarts on my lunch break, and this guy in line taps me on the shoulder. The conversation goes like this:

Him: "Where do I know you from?"
    Me : "I really have no idea."
    Him: "you work in corrections?"
    Me : "No, I don't."
    Him: "Are you a cop?"
    Me : "No, I'm not a cop."
    Him: "Damn, you look so familiar. Are you sure you're not a police officer?"
    Me : "Quite sure. Bye."

Well, flash forward to tonight. I was just out taking a drive, just trying to clear my head a little bit, and as I was entering my neighborhood a young (maybe early 20s) black guy was standing on the corner by the red light I was stopping at. I had my windows down, so I looked over and gave him a little nod. The conversation went like this:

Him: "how's it going officer."
    Me : "not bad, and you?"
    Him: "good, Officer, real good, thanks"
    Him: "hey! nice car!"
    Me : "thanks, man, I appreciate that!"
    Him: "they pay that much on the force?!"
    Me : "hmm?"
    Him: "they pay that much on the force????"
    Me : "..... Well... you know [img]smile.gif[/img] "

Then the light turned and I drove away.

So, I'm a little freaked out right now. Any explanations? I guess it's possible that I look like an officer that all three of these people have encountered, but they are all in different neighborhoods, one of which is about 50 miles from my house.

Freaky! :eek:

some ppl just have that cop look i guess

Are u sure ur not one of those undercover street-racer cops??? [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
    1994 white Firebird M5<br />Flowmasters, CAI, 3.73s, LSD, coated pacesetters, eibach pro-kit, bilsteins, hurst shifter, JVC stereo, 18\" C5 vette wheels, Kuhmo Ecsta ASX rubber<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/744299\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/744299</a> <br /><br />Coming Soon: Turbo!

Comment

im a cop, and you should have seen the looks i got the other day when i rolled up to a dock workers strike with the injunction to be read. they were like WTF? this 20 year old rolls up in his camaro lol

Comment

You're scaring me now............you sure them aliens did nothing more than probe you? ;)
        ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

The highway patrol Z28's are white, hardtop for the unmarked ones.

You do kind of look like a cop, though. [img]smile.gif[/img]
          2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac nino:
            You're scaring me now............you sure them aliens did nothing more than probe you? ;)
            [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by WishIHad$$$:
              The highway patrol Z28's are white, hardtop for the unmarked ones.

You do kind of look like a cop, though. [img]smile.gif[/img]
              don't know what your talking about... we have every flavor running around here. Red, blue, white, gold, you name it.. I've seen every color GM made the Camaro in as a squad car.
              FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
              Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
              Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

You know what the problem might be? Maybe you look like this.
                ╓<br />║ Matt M<br />║ <a href=\"http://home.austin.rr.com/morrism/3800/sunset_logo2.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Down with the Sixxness</a> <br />║ Polo Green 1995 3.8 Camaro<br />║ intake, cat, catback, shocks, 3.42\'s, and 12\'s in the trunk<br />╙

Comment

we have an orange one in my town

Comment

Originally posted by user1101:
                    [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] LOL Did you happen to ask for a litre-a-cola at Stewarts?
                    1998 A4 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Originally posted by Th3 RiCk:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by user1101:
                      [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] LOL Did you happen to ask for a litre-a-cola at Stewarts? </font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] lol
                      1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Comment

No one has called me officer, but I think my car has given the cop impression to some people...I'll explain.

The fog lights on my car a kind of a purply color when they are off, but with the right light or at the right angle, they look blue. I have noticed that at night when people go perpendicular to me in the road and i get behind them, they slow down, esp. on the highway and with no one in front of them. I was going to turn onto a highway once and this happened and i followed the person for several miles before I could pass them.

I think that from the position of my lights and the way their headlights hit them, they might think it's a light rack. I figured this out when a guy at a law firm I was networking saw my car and asked me if I was some sort of a cop.

Oh yeah, and the darker it is, the darker my paint is...that and the lights is what I think does it for some people.
                        2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

uhm - you know you COULD get arrested for impersonating a police officer right?
                          Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

people confuse me for not being a cop all the time. otherwise i wouldn't be writing so many dumbazz people tickets.

some lady was speeding so i got in behind her to get her to slow down. she brake checked me!

Comment

Originally posted by KBeezy:
                              uhm - you know you COULD get arrested for impersonating a police officer right?
                              Uhmm, I'm not impersonating a police officer, apparently other than by the strange ability I have to appear as one to random people I pass.

However,

If I am arrested, maybe I'll be arrested by my doppelganger, then I'll blackjack him in the back of the head and take his uniform and assume his identity. How ironic would that be, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X