tired of weed wackers and lawn mowers - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tired of weed wackers and lawn mowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fartpipes make me so damn angry. :mad:
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/maleet\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Silver Firebird</a> <br />Basic mods... nothing real special but it sure looks good!<br /><a href=\"http://www.maleetpobanz.com\" target=\"_blank\">maleetpobanz.com</a>

Comment

Some guy I was talking to at a party was telling em about his 1994 honda civic. He was telling me he dumped 3 thousand dollars into his car. He was so proud of his 15 second quartermile. I told him I own the camaro accross the street, he goes "Man your car weighs alot its heavy, and its only a v6 it has to be slow, even the v8's are slow, I know pwoplw that have 10 second N/A rx-7's and civics, the car is lighter, and blah blah blah"

I just agreed with the guy. If my buddy was outside at the time in our conversation... OMG, haha my buddy would have ripped him apart. I bet a fight would have happened.

Comment

All they think about is weight. Thats ricer mentality my car is lighter than yours im gonna win. Your cars heavier your cars a turd. 300 horsepower will move a 3500 lb car pretty damn good. Whats the fastest FF car? like 7 or 8 seconds or some crap?
        1994 Arctic White Camaro T-Tops(all options except leather)<br />80 Series Flowmaster Muffler<br />Ebay Cold Air Intake<br />Earthquake in the back known as a Kicker Solo Baric 15 L7<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sirshaun\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/sirshaun</a>

Comment

whenever i see a ricer going by, driving 40 MPH in 1st gear, the RPMs up to like 5000, i always yell out "Hey! you stole my weedwhacker!" usually i just get an angry stare. they never want to race.
          \'98 Camaro - SOLD<br />Best E/T: 15.489 @ 86.48 MPH<br />60\': 2.131<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/skorpion317\" target=\"_blank\">members.cardomain.com/skorpion317 </a><br />1998 Saturn SL2<br />Official <a href=\"http://www.njdisturbance.com\" target=\"_blank\">NJ Disturbance</a> bracket racer

Comment

i ask them to turn off there blender and walk away
            99\' Camaro v6 T5- SOLD<br />2004 VW Golf TDI

Comment

Most of the time the weight excuse is crap. Expececially if they add on all those heavy 18in wheels, GFX and Spoilers.

96 HONDA Hatchback 2238 pounds

106hp
              103tq

96 Pontiac Firebird 3311

200hp
              225 tq

Their car stock has two third our weight but only half our HP. :rolleyes:
              Cardomain

Comment

There is light at the end of the tunnel for our rice vs domestic war. HOT ROD just published a new article stating that the ricer craze has peaked. They interviewed several import aftermarket parts dealers, all of which said sales have slumped in the past several months. IHRA import drags have also struggled to sell tickets this season. The rice craze in by no means over, but it has peaked and is now declining.

Unfortunatley, modern muscle cars are extremely unpopular. The GTO, 4th gen F-bods, and mustangs are not selling well at all. All anyone wants is classic muscle cars. An interview with Ebay revealed that the averave price of a decent 60's muscle car has skyrocketed in the past year.

If you want a cool car, buy a 69 camaro. It doesn't look like the modern muscle is going to survive.
                1999 red camaro v6 M5: with a turbo<br />13.52@107.99<br />No, seriously: Who Farted? <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/600086\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/600086</a>

Comment

Originally posted by casketcrewchick:
                  Fartpipes make me so damn angry. :mad:
                  [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
                  1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

yeah, the classic muscle car market is booming, prices are through the roof for just about every popular model. i think ford is trying to capitalize on that by putting the new retro mustang, the GT, and the Cobra concept into production.
                    \'98 Camaro - SOLD<br />Best E/T: 15.489 @ 86.48 MPH<br />60\': 2.131<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/skorpion317\" target=\"_blank\">members.cardomain.com/skorpion317 </a><br />1998 Saturn SL2<br />Official <a href=\"http://www.njdisturbance.com\" target=\"_blank\">NJ Disturbance</a> bracket racer

Comment

its not the car that bothers any of us really, its how they put it off, and think they are right, like the wing took .3 off my 1/4

like the one kid he was set his lowering springs was going to chop .5 of his 1/4 time. for me it gets to me that they are never wrong and can beat anything on the road.
                      www.turbov6camaro.com
                      1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                      4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                      7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                      11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by PewterBird:
                        Most of the time the weight excuse is crap. Expececially if they add on all those heavy 18in wheels, GFX and Spoilers.

96 HONDA Hatchback 2238 pounds

106hp
                        103tq

96 Pontiac Firebird 3311

200hp
                        225 tq

Their car stock has two third our weight but only half our HP. :rolleyes:
                        Hey, not trying to knock you or anyone in here, but there were a precious few cars that came from japan that were good and fast.
                        This is the first one that came to my mind (I know I own one, but most people agree that they are nice)

Mazda RX-7
                        Weight= 2826 lbs
                        hp= 255
                        tq= 217
                        they have a redline around 8.5k-9k, and factory specs but them around mid 13's in the quarter
                        2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
                          i remember last fall i had a guy in a old honda rev at me and smile and i just picked up my pop can and asked him if he wants a free tail pipe. he didnt appreciate my humour
                          [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] thats funny I might have to use that line next time I see one LOL

Comment

The reason for the classic muscle surviving is the whole thing about the car being a collector, and they are not complex.

Modern Muscle is very complex, people do not want all the plastic crap on the car, they want the cars now to have the moderm drivetrain/powertrain with the old cosmetics. But Car companies are not catching on, they continue to put plastic crap all over the car. This is why the 4rth gen f-body failed. Too much plastic, weak rear end. Thats all. If GM would have made the interior and exterior with more of a metal/cloth combo, with a very strong rear end. Then i believe the f-body would of been saved.

Ricers = uninformed/uneducated motor vehicle enthusiats

There is types ricers.

Ricer Type 1: You just bought a car, and you wanted a fast car, but you know your car is slow, but you will do anything to make it fast. These types of people are usually very uneducated in the automotive field and physics field. They believe what anyone says. Someone tells them "Yea put a exhaust on your car it will be cool. And a wing, it will add speed."

These are the most common ricers, they are not aware of their public stupidity. They usually realize what they have done and become and then they buy a REAL car.

Ricer Type 2: Poor Ricers, these ricers are also very common ammoung the older ricer beaters on the road. Olders hondas, acuras, supras, mr2, camry, corolla.

These ricers are too broke and too far in denial to admit they are rice. They laugh along when others tell them they are ricers, yet they continue to dump thousands into worthless mods into car with no hope. Instead of restoring their Classic 80's import car, they distort and destroy it by cutting it up, putting bogus expensive parts on them. These ricers also baby their car, they treat it like their car is gold, when really its worthless garbage.

These ricers are the type that are too afraid to admit to theirselves that they should get get rid of their crap car.

Ricer Type 3: Hardcore rich boy ricers
                            These ricers are totally into it. They will not admit they are rice, they will spend thousands into modifications. Usually they ruin the car by cutting things to make other things fit, they rip out stuff to make the car lighter. They do not properly maintain the car. They relaly dont care. Eventually they catch on, once they realize they are dumping money into something they do not have the knowledge to make fast.

I dont have a problem with hondas, or 4 cylinder cars and modifying them. The problem i have is with the morons that do not know what makes a car go fast.

Cosmetics modifications = no effect or very very very very little effect on accelleration and speed with a sleek car, such as a honda integra.

People will argue, but look at the grand national, that thing isnt exactly aerodynamic.

Gearing = Half the battle

Power = The other Half of the battle

Weight = Well, if your car weighs 4000 pounds you better be making alot of power, if it weighs 2000 pounds, then you probably do not need to make a huge ammount of power.

It all depends how fast you want to go, you dont need a big engine in a light car, like a CRX. All you need is about 250 horsepower to run 13's.

[ August 01, 2004, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: BirdOfPrey01 ]

Comment

Originally posted by BirdOfPrey01:
                              The reason for the classic muscle surviving is the whole thing about the car being a collector, and they are not complex.

Modern Muscle is very complex, people do not want all the plastic crap on the car, they want the cars now to have the moderm drivetrain/powertrain with the old cosmetics. But Car companies are not catching on, they continue to put plastic crap all over the car. This is why the 4rth gen f-body failed. Too much plastic, weak rear end. Thats all. If GM would have made the interior and exterior with more of a metal/cloth combo, with a very strong rear end. Then i believe the f-body would of been saved.

Ricers = uninformed/uneducated motor vehicle enthusiats

There is types ricers.

Ricer Type 1: You just bought a car, and you wanted a fast car, but you know your car is slow, but you will do anything to make it fast. These types of people are usually very uneducated in the automotive field and physics field. They believe what anyone says. Someone tells them "Yea put a exhaust on your car it will be cool. And a wing, it will add speed."

These are the most common ricers, they are not aware of their public stupidity. They usually realize what they have done and become and then they buy a REAL car.

Ricer Type 2: Poor Ricers, these ricers are also very common ammoung the older ricer beaters on the road. Olders hondas, acuras, supras, mr2, camry, corolla.

These ricers are too broke and too far in denial to admit they are rice. They laugh along when others tell them they are ricers, yet they continue to dump thousands into worthless mods into car with no hope. Instead of restoring their Classic 80's import car, they distort and destroy it by cutting it up, putting bogus expensive parts on them. These ricers also baby their car, they treat it like their car is gold, when really its worthless garbage.

These ricers are the type that are too afraid to admit to theirselves that they should get get rid of their crap car.

Ricer Type 3: Hardcore rich boy ricers
                              These ricers are totally into it. They will not admit they are rice, they will spend thousands into modifications. Usually they ruin the car by cutting things to make other things fit, they rip out stuff to make the car lighter. They do not properly maintain the car. They relaly dont care. Eventually they catch on, once they realize they are dumping money into something they do not have the knowledge to make fast.

I dont have a problem with hondas, or 4 cylinder cars and modifying them. The problem i have is with the morons that do not know what makes a car go fast.

Cosmetics modifications = no effect or very very very very little effect on accelleration and speed with a sleek car, such as a honda integra.

People will argue, but look at the grand national, that thing isnt exactly aerodynamic.

Gearing = Half the battle

Power = The other Half of the battle

Weight = Well, if your car weighs 4000 pounds you better be making alot of power, if it weighs 2000 pounds, then you probably do not need to make a huge ammount of power.

It all depends how fast you want to go, you dont need a big engine in a light car, like a CRX. All you need is about 250 horsepower to run 13's.
                              very well said

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X