Anyone own or at least drive a Celica GTS?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone own or at least drive a Celica GTS??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you looked at the Cobalt? I was never a fan of the Cavalier, but I test drove a Cobalt the other day and we're getting my sister one. The one we're looking at is a couple hundred miles away and we don't have time to get it until next weekend, but if it's still there I think we're going to pick it up.

They're not as quick as a GTS, but they get decent gas mileage, a new decently optioned one is cheaper than a used Celica, and they have a 5 year/60K powertrain warranty standard.
    <a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/New/IMG_0085.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Black 2002 Camaro M5</a>-SS takeoff muffler, B&M Ripper, K&N Filter, 35/20% tint, Infinity speakers, Viper alarm, perpetually breaking clutch return spring mod. 15.49@90.15<br /><a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P14.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">Pewter 2002 Firebird M5 (Dad\'s Car)</a>

Comment

Yeah, that was originally on my list but I'm not big on the way it looks. It's kinda "chubby" or something. Plus it looks like it needs to be lowered. I'd have to find one that's modded (lowered, wheels, gfx) to consider. The thing is... these foreign cars are already modded or you can get the extra parts from the dealer installed or do it yourself. That's an attractive aspect to me. Basically, I want a fuel efficient car that looks good but will move.
      BTW, the Toyota has a 7 year or 70,000 mile warranty.
      2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
      1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
      2011 Cadillac CTS-V
      2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

The TRD parts are pretty nice, and I think most will keep you under warranty, but the ones they offer at the dealership don't get you and extremely hot car...

Don't buy a Celica if you just want to go drag racing... that's not what it was made for...

If you want, I can probably find you a few guys that really know a bit about tuning Celicas and whatnot... I know some guys that do a lot of tuning and racing with imports (definately not ricers)... the particular guy I'm thinking of mostly messes with Hondas, but I'm sure he knows where you could find information if he doesn't know...
        1998 Firebird<br />V6 M5<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239301/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239301/1</a>

Comment

No, no.. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] I'm looking at "commuter cars". I'll let you know though, if I eventually decide to buy a Celica.. thanks.
          2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

did I read right the guy wants $25k for a ceclica GTS?

they are nice cars but I hear their problems, and definitely not worth over $20k imo...

Better off getting a WRX, **** maybe even a 350Z. I think RSX's are less then $20k used.

Either way, things I heard. Under high revs, the transmission won't synchronize and it won't go into gear at times, seems most noticeable in 2nd. Very poor design imo...

Next, I understand in later years vs earlier years, they rev limiter changed. CAr used to rev higher and be in the powerband fine, but the motors were crapping out at such high RPMS that toyota went back out and dropped the rev limiter to like 300 rpms, so the rev limiter kicks in while you are still in the powerband. And the cars are significantly slower then previous yeared cars.

BUt with all of that with some basic mods(doubt you will) those things are all over the 14s. I am almost willing to say they respond better to mods then our 3.8Ls or about the same.
            -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

That's way too pricey.

Celica GT(S) and MR2 Spyders are no longer in production.

A good use one with little mileage should run about 14,000-16,000.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Ok, well... today I looked at another O4' but this one was a silver GT model. Beautiful car. 27,000 miles and fully loaded. Only thing missing were the fog lights but it had a full body kit, sunroof, cd/cassette, power everything. Anyway, they want $17,900 for it along with giving me $2,000 for my Z24 ... which would come to $15,900+tax/tags/etc... so the total would be about $17,300 out the door. I only drove it in the lot a little....
                anyone know the 0-60 or the 1/4 mile for the GT model???? Is this a good deal?
                2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

GT model is slowwwwwwwwwww. They're lunch meat for 3.4s. The 1/4 mile zooms by in 17 or more seconds
                  Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Ughhh, so "all show and no go". Damn.. I guess the positive side is that it gets over 30mpg and well over 500 miles per tank. I think I want something a bit quicker than that though. The car has to be at least in the 15 second range.
                    2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X