just wasted 15 minutes of my life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just wasted 15 minutes of my life

watching an info-mercial on the tornado fuel saver. oh my god!! what a crock of poo. i was waiting to see how much they where asking for it. $75 dollars for one of those cheap aluminum intake air blockers (if you will) they claim it causes the air to twist into a vortex and mix the fuel more economically and thus more hp and better gas mileage by up to 20%. i swear i am in the wrong business. i need to go to school and learn how to rip off people and sleep good at night. they even had this old azz lady saying what kind of motor she had in her van. what old lady knows what kind of motor she has (unless she has an LS1)? they even said it was awarded #1 new product by hot rod magazine. NO WAY hot rod mag would stoop that low!
    6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

eh, when i was a manager at Donatos pizza, we had 2 or 3 drivers put those in, all saw about a 3mpg increase. for what its worth.
    RedlineVSix

Comment

Big crock of poo eh? How come? Does it not work? Is it all a big scam? If 95Firebirds friends got 3 mpg more, it sounds like its working to me?

Now if they are like, Whooooa, this mod makes your car sooo fast and adds like 258 horsepower and bla bla bla, then yea, its stupid.
      <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

I bought one about 7 or 8 years ago for $40.00.
        Put it in my cold air intake...and ....nothing.
        Gas milage did not go up or down and I did not feel any extra hp. It is still in there today. I am just too stuburn to take it out.
        Dr Todd

Comment

id agree with the concept, however, i dont see how a vortex could be maintained after the air makes all the twists and turn going thru the throttle body, intake manifold, heads, then around the valves. the swirl would be all but lost into turbulence trying to navigate those turns. plus you would have pressure pulses going thru the intake that would also disrupt the swirl. add the fact that most modern fuel injectors do a pretty sufficient job of atomizing fuel and spraying said fuel into the efficiently, i do not see how this could possibly help. maybe, if you had a carb and a high rise intake manifold, wiht this thing suspended above the carb, i could possilby see where the swirl could help (assuming it wouldnt mess with the carb jetting and such). in my opinion, there are better ways to facilitate better mixing of the air and fuel than to slap a piece of sheet metal in the intake tube...
          Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

the carb is probably the best. nad it won't mess w/the jetting/venturis, as each carb is rated a max cfm it will flow, and those things are porbably liek a rely, REALY expensive stub stack.
            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
            94 comero 3.4

Comment

wow another one of these threads, well i guess ill chime in. yah a friend told me when he drives up to visit his parents or sumtin in his corolla he noticed an increase in MPG after installing it. but from previous threads i remeber it decreasing hp on dyno tests. i agree with camaroman-wind speeds up as it goes around and object, like with an airplane wing the top is curved and speeds up the air, the bottom is flat with slower the differnce creates lift but only around the plane. the windy city of chicago can see60mph winds forcing itself between buildings with people using ropes and other people to get inside. im still on the fence for this leaning toward the "scam" side
              -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

Originally posted by JusFlyinBy:
                Big crock of poo eh? How come? Does it not work? Is it all a big scam? If 95Firebirds friends got 3 mpg more, it sounds like its working to me?

Now if they are like, Whooooa, this mod makes your car sooo fast and adds like 258 horsepower and bla bla bla, then yea, its stupid.
                the only thing that should go in front of an intake is a supercharger.
                6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by RicE-ter:
                  wow another one of these threads, well i guess ill chime in. yah a friend told me when he drives up to visit his parents or sumtin in his corolla he noticed an increase in MPG after installing it. but from previous threads i remeber it decreasing hp on dyno tests. i agree with camaroman-wind speeds up as it goes around and object, like with an airplane wing the top is curved and speeds up the air, the bottom is flat with slower the differnce creates lift but only around the plane. the windy city of chicago can see60mph winds forcing itself between buildings with people using ropes and other people to get inside. im still on the fence for this leaning toward the "scam" side
                  The thing is a scam. I've seen dynosheets where it looses HP.

The thing is, you hear all these people "I know someone who got better milage" When the chances are they never kept record of their gas milage in the first place. And they 'think' they're getting better milage when they aren't.

It comes down to this, it's a restriction in the intake, which is causing the engine to work harder to get air. Since its causing extra load on the engine, its robbing HP.

Maybe this works for older EFI cars where the injectors actually inject the fuel in before the combustion chamber, but not for new cars that inject the fuel directly into the chamber.
                  <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:

The thing is, you hear all these people "I know someone who got better milage" When the chances are they never kept record of their gas milage in the first place. And they 'think' they're getting better milage when they aren't.

It comes down to this, it's a restriction in the intake, which is causing the engine to work harder to get air. Since its causing extra load on the engine, its robbing HP.
                    ;)
                    2002 Z28 A4
                    SLP Lid | TSP Rumbler | P&P Throttle Body | No Cats | 3.42s | M/T Drag Radials | No Front Sway Bar

12.76 @ 108.42 w/ 1.90 60’

Comment

Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:

but they got people on those commercials who say it works so it must be true ;)

im only saying it might speed up the air by the device and then disipate thus being useless, i am not implying in anyway that thing works. ill stick with tried and true stuff
                      -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

i love that infomercial. the guy with the vette who knows jack $*** about his car takes the cake. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                        Or this

Comment

Dont even get me started on the swirling air technology used in jet engines.
                          1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X