How did you guys handle your friends leaving for college? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you guys handle your friends leaving for college?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you guys handle your friends leaving for college?

Tonight was the very last night i will be able to do anything with my close personal friends (i have other friends but these are my closest of close) and i dont think its hit any of us yet...its starting to hit me though. All of a sudden i feel alone, these guys who i've know for 12+ years are all of a sudden not going to be there if i want to call up and say "hey lets go do something." I mean, like i said i have other friends, its just that they are not as close, it takes a long time to get close close friends like that and then in the 30 seconds it takes to get in the car and out of the driveway they are gone.... this blows.
    White 1992 3.1L V6 firebird<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/ssj_trunks\" target=\"_blank\">Here she is</a><br />----------------------------------

It hit me eventually, but you'll make a bunch of friends at college, trust me...and the friends from growing up that actually keep contact will probably be some of your best friends for life.

If you get a chance or the inclination to, download "Lines upon your face" by Vertical Horizon. Great song.
    one of the verses:
    "Summer's here, and 3 young men/
    Drive through the town in the night air/
    The fall comes, they'll part again/
    one turns to another, and he says.../

Do you remember, when we thought we were immortal
    and the games we played always had a happy end
    in the game of life, all the roses wither
    and time will write its lines upon your face"...
    great song.

[ August 25, 2004, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: navyblue2000 ]
    2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

I think you (no you specifically) tend to over dramatize things like this. I know I was sad about going on to college and leaving my high school friends behind, but it really wasn't that bad. I still hang out with them to this day, just not every day like in HS.
      It's not the end of the friendship for life... you guys will still see each other, unless if course they NEVER come back home to visit family or something, which is doubtful.
      Plus, like navyblue said, you will meet a lot of new friends in college... I've made some of my best friends here in college.

It's just all a part of growing up..
      <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

you wussy.

Comment

AIM is your friend...

I have friends I haven't seen in years but I talk to them weekly.

But like said, I made some great friends, some of my closest friends in college... Life is completely different out of high school, and really experienced and helped each other in real crisis situations. Which in the end helped us out.

Comment

Originally posted by Domestic Violence:
            you wussy.
            [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] sorry
            ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

Sorry man, been there and done that.

It sucks :(

IM is a beautiful thing.

Road trips?

They will be home.... sooner or later
              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by Domestic Violence:
                you wussy.
                Dude, was that really neccessary? Apparently you dont have any friends that you were close with when you left. Oh, another thing, a comment like that coming from a guy who is always telling US to grow up...hypocrite :rolleyes:
                White 1992 3.1L V6 firebird<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/ssj_trunks\" target=\"_blank\">Here she is</a><br />----------------------------------

Comment

**** i dont talk to anyone from high school, most of your friends youll grow away from and forget about. I have 1 friend ive known for 8 years, everyone else ive known for 2 years or less. The friend ive knwon for 8 years im making distance from becuase hes turned into a drunken *******. You make new friends when you get on with your life, high school friends are rarely long term friends. You get different stages of friends in your life, High school friends may feel like good friends but you guys will fade away, no one stays in 1 place forever. Ill see some people now and again i use to be big friends with in my teenage years and its mostly "whats up" and then were on our way
                  Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 97chevycamaro:
                    **** i dont talk to anyone from high school, most of your friends youll grow away from and forget about. I have 1 friend ive known for 8 years, everyone else ive known for 2 years or less. The friend ive knwon for 8 years im making distance from becuase hes turned into a drunken *******. You make new friends when you get on with your life, high school friends are rarely long term friends. You get different stages of friends in your life, High school friends may feel like good friends but you guys will fade away, no one stays in 1 place forever. Ill see some people now and again i use to be big friends with in my teenage years and its mostly "whats up" and then were on our way
                    I agree. I don't talk to anyone from high school. College friends are great when you're in college, but when everyone graduates it seems that's where the friendship ends. I have 1 friend I've known for 16 years (we've lived more than 2200 miles apart for 13 of those years), 1 friend from college (we now live 1200 miles apart), and 1 friend from my old job that I work with again. Other than that, I have no friends that I've known for over 16 months.

Maybe it's just the way you've grown up, but I can up and move, lose all my friends and start over with no great sadness. I helps that 90% of my friends I knew for 2 years or less.
                    <a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six</a> <br /><b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/c_o_jones\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a></b><br />--This doesn\'t change the fact that I am ~The Guru~ who still kicks puppies...

Comment

Originally posted by C.O.Jones:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 97chevycamaro:
                      I agree. I don't talk to anyone from high school. College friends are great when you're in college, but when everyone graduates it seems that's where the friendship ends. I have 1 friend I've known for 16 years (we've lived more than 2200 miles apart for 13 of those years), 1 friend from college (we now live 1200 miles apart), and 1 friend from my old job that I work with again. Other than that, I have no friends that I've known for over 16 months.

Maybe it's just the way you've grown up, but I can up and move, lose all my friends and start over with no great sadness. I helps that 90% of my friends I knew for 2 years or less.
                      </font>[/QUOTE]I agree with you on the college part, it feels like 95% of the people I've met here I will never talk to again after we graduate, but there are 2 or 3 that I know will keep in touch.

There are some friendships in highschool that are possible to keep though.. people do grow apart, but sometimes not. This last weekend I just had 2 of my best friends from high school, whom I've know for about 7 years now (thats 1/3 of my life lol), staying here for the weekend and we still had a great time together.

I bet if you found a nice piece of tail you'd forget about every one of them ;)
                      <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Ok.. you guys getting teary eyed about this really need to get a grip. Its the same every year - you come home to your friends at home and soon enough you go back to your friends at school, the friends at school you wont want to leave to go home.

You'll talk to your high school friends less and less as the weeks go by. The ones that were really cool you'll see frequently when at home - but many will just fade away. its a fact of life - dont ****in cry about it.

And to teh guys who dont talk to high school friends anymore, thats just too bad you didnt have good friends in HS. I went to an all guys private school and I will be friends with many of the guys in my class forever - the school made us together, what we are today and we all went through a lot together. I guess some of you didnt have as good of time in HS?
                        Ive made some close friends in College - but its not really the same. The people you spend your high school years with are the ones that shape who you'll befriend in College and how you'll act in college... and who you know and what you do in college affects the rest of your life.

In short, never forget where you came from or who your friends were back home - at the same point dont get all pussy-ish and start crying about it b/c what you have ahead of you is a blast and you'll always have your high school days.

Comment

Well most of my friends left for school/service without telling me so eh the hell with them. But the love of my life left for college, its only about 3 hours away but it is kinda hard. She doesn't know how I feel about her so it sucks. :(
                          1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

I went to school 45 minutes from home, i didnt really have any close friends in HS, but i went to college with a few people i knew. People in college are really cool, and actually turn out sometimes better than people in HS. As everyone says there will always be IM, roadtrips, and yeah the phone. This is my first week of NOT going back to college, it sucks alot but i guess thats growing up.
                            If its not fast of loud, its no good.

Comment

heh, Rasputin, did you manage to get out of your wrapped-up-in-carpet-in-the-lake trap again? [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Well, nothing wrong with emotions. My senior year, when we played our last baseball game, there wasn't a guy on the team with a dry eye...
                              We played baseball together for 6 years (junior high as well...). And we haven't since. Kind of an end to things, and all ends can be emotional. Except the end of the REAL rasputin, they should STILL be throwing parades for that today. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                              2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X