Bow shooters come on in please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bow shooters come on in please

He guys I'm thinking of getting back into bow shooting. I have a compound bow that I shoot very well but its been so long since I have bought any new equipment so i'm a little out of date. I need some advice about either keeping my gear or buy new stuff. Here is what I have:

Jennings Carbon Extreme
    Tiger tuff arrow rest
    beman Carbon fiber shafts with 75gr heads
    Unknown stabilizer but its about 36" carbon fiber shaft with a heavy weight at the end. Its a POS

Not sure of the brand of my trigger release because the name rubbed off and they stopped selling them after I bought it. I like it though so i'm going to stick with it.

So here are my issues with my setup my....

1. I dont like the large fletchings on the beman shafts. They are hunting fletchings and I'm a target shooter. I do like the shafts a lot though. I hate HATE putting fletchings on shafts so I'm looking for a new arrow with small fletchings.

2. My arrow rest worps the back of fletchings after about 20 shots. I'm not sure if its my rest or my large fletchings. Either way my shoots get worse.

3. I may need a new stabilizer. The one I have was given to me as a hand-me-down from my old coach. Its looks old but I guess it does the job. How do you all like the small gel/liquid ones? Should I move from a rod to a shorter gel/liquid one?

4. Do I need a new bow? In its Day I'm told me bow was one of the best. No sure how its holds up to the bows today.

So what do you think? With the combo I have I shoot about 8 inches at 100yards and about 3 inches at 50 yards. Its just getting really expensive replacing all my fletchings and arrows. I can't go to my local shop because the owner gets deathly ill when he is around carbon dust. He knows me and because I shoot carbon arrows he has asked me to please not come into his store. I understand his issue so I agreed. I now have to buy all me stuff online without looking at it so I need people to tell me whats good.

Thanks
    White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

I shoot (or did) quite a bit, but always with my hunting setup which is quite different than your competition equipment.

The only real answer I can give you (since I look at different names and styles of products than you) is on the stabilizer bar. The gel filled bars are nice, but if you are shooting those distances then you will want the extra length.

As for bows, if you are shooting that consistantly and everything fits you nicely, I dont know that there is a great need to upgrade. However the technology has improved drastically in the past 10 years since I bought mine (though again, I am in a different category as you).
    I am looking at upgrading again, though its mostly just for prestige since I can afford a new setup now, and not necessarily because I need to or cant shoot well enough with my old bow.
    \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X