more 1989 Ford F150 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more 1989 Ford F150 questions

1. If I put dual Flowmaster exhaust on my '89 F150, would it sound like the typical 6 cylinder with duals? (what I mean is: will it sound good at low rpm's and raspy at high rpm?) My truck has a 300 Inline 6 engine.

2. Do they make headers for my truck? I can't find any inline 6 headers at all!

3. Just like headers, do they make cams for this engine?

4. Where can I get a bedliner?

5. Where can I find out what transmission I have? It's an automatic (wish it was a 5 speed!) Do I have a c4 or c6?

I know what yer thinking- why fix up an 89 truck. Well, this truck has been babied since day one. This truck is in GREAT condition, with only 100,000 miles. I've read that the Ford 300 is a long lasting engine. I'm trying to find out as much info as I can about this truck.
    1998 Pontiac Firebird<br />5-speed<br />Navy Blue<br />Only additions so far: Flowmaster Dual Exhaust 80 Series, K&N air filter<br /><br />1989 Ford F150<br />Alpine Green and Tan<br />300/4.9 Inline 6, automatic<br />completely stock- daily beater

The thing I always loved about that truck was that it could be beaten and you wouldnt feel bad. If I were in your position I probabl wouldn't get it, I'm a big beater fan. Also, I think they sound better than most 6 cyl cars with exhaust work.
    There is fast, too fast, and way too fast. Way too fast is almost fast enough.

Comment

eh, flowmasters will probably sound raspy at hig end, depending on the stroke of the motor, look at a harley 2cyl and those suckers rumble like crazy, but they have a really long stroke and cant rev high, if you say the truck has torque it's prolly got a decent stroke/rumble to it but there's only one way to find out.

have no idea on the headers.

bedliners can be sprayed in or had from and local truck/trailer shop.

Id check the RPO codes for the trans and run them online or at a ford dealer.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
      05' CTS-V
      00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

CoreyCamaro- I've read that these trucks and take a beating and will still keep going. Sounds good to me! I know this truck will last forever- the previous owner took really good care, and I know I won't take a crap on it. I just bought a house and a truck is gonna be very useful to me know. I think I NEED a truck.

nikon- This truck doesn't have a tach in it. I saw a pic of the factory tach on the net and it goes up to 6k, but there is no "red" zone. How can I find the stroke out? For the bedliner- I think I'll go with a sprayed in one rather than a drop in. I'll also stop by a Ford dealer one day and show them some codes.

Thanks for the replies! Anyone else want to throw their $.02 in? Be my guest!
        1998 Pontiac Firebird<br />5-speed<br />Navy Blue<br />Only additions so far: Flowmaster Dual Exhaust 80 Series, K&N air filter<br /><br />1989 Ford F150<br />Alpine Green and Tan<br />300/4.9 Inline 6, automatic<br />completely stock- daily beater

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X