Does road racing/autocrossing appeal to you? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does road racing/autocrossing appeal to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does road racing/autocrossing appeal to you?

Just curious,

I mena I love the stuff, in my opinion alot more fun then drag racing(especially if you don't have money [img]smile.gif[/img] ) Takes alot of skill to figure it out and get the car to do what you want.

Thing is I don't really see many people here talk about it much and the autocrossing section, is dead!

Its not a "ricer" haven like you woudl think, hell there are more real cars at local autocrosses then at the dragstrips around here.

I am just curious what your guy's opinions are on it.

nope. doesnt appeal to me at all
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I love autox, its more of a sport than drag racing IMO. I mean, drag its how much money and tuning you've put in it and how quickly you can slam your foot down. Autox is technique, feeling, and knowing how your car is going to react...very symbiotic and personal.
      <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Comment

It interests me quite a bit... I would rather have a 4cyl rice burner that i could autocross with than a monster drag car.
        1994 Pontiac Firebird 3.4L V6

Comment

I love autocrossing... I'm just way too intimidated by it out here. Back in San Jose, I used to take my Chevelle out to the races and could generally keep up since there was a larger variety of cars, out here my Camaro gets whipped by all the Porsches, vettes (including a Lingenfelter 427 twin turbo Z06), a few lambos and other exotics or guys with way too much spare cash laying around. I'm not exactly a slouch around the cones either, but I keep thinking 'why bother' when I'm "That v6 camaro guy *hahahaha*"
          2001 Camaro, 3.8 v6. Five speed. Red. SLP Torque arm, SLP CAI, adj. panhard bar, lcas, eibach springs, 3.73 gears and Zexel-Torsen T-2 LSD.

Comment

Actually one of the cool things about it though is its generally broken up into classes so you are put with people in and around your level.

Comment

i think road and auto-x are really cool, but i'm afraid i don't have the patience to deal with either.

i like watching road racing if that matters

Comment

dont want any dents/chips in the car cause it cost me 40000000 times as much to fix them b/c of the paint
                www.turbov6camaro.com
                1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Autocross and road racing are very interesting to me. I go over to ls1tech.com all the time and read their road racing section. It's cool because you can be competitive with a car that's very close to stock.

Comment

Cones at the worst cause scuff marks and if you have a good coat of wax, they don't do anything, and besides, not supposed to hit hte cones anyways...

I have lost contol and done 360s through cones and not had any problems.

Comment

I love auto-x. I haven't been drag racing in a couple years, but I auto-x every couple months. Drag racing it was always the same, I'd beat the ricers (for the most part) and get my @ss handed to me by the big boys. In auto-x I can hold my own since it's much more about skill than hp. Plus it's a hell of alot more fun than just driving in a straight line [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

Comment

yes, its the most fun form of racing. Drag seems quite boring comparing. But it is what most do, and it is what people use to gauge a perticular car in the scale of whats fast and whats not.

Comment

now, we'd all love to have a 1000-hp straight line monster....but i think road racing is the most fun. there's not much skill involved in just plain going fast, but there's a lot of skill involved in going fast around turns. nothing feels better than blowing down a twisty road at 60+ MPH.
                          \'98 Camaro - SOLD<br />Best E/T: 15.489 @ 86.48 MPH<br />60\': 2.131<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/skorpion317\" target=\"_blank\">members.cardomain.com/skorpion317 </a><br />1998 Saturn SL2<br />Official <a href=\"http://www.njdisturbance.com\" target=\"_blank\">NJ Disturbance</a> bracket racer

Comment

You need a LOT of money to auto-cross.

I checked out some "beginner courses" and damn, I could get a nice mod for my car with how much entry costs.

Then, you have to think about other things. Your tires get toasted so quickly and tires as we know are not cheap! Your brakes..psh, what ever is left of them. Then ofcourse everything else wearing nicely over all.

If I had the cash though, I'd SO be there. Anyone wanna rob some rich goon with me?
                            2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

That's my goal. To turn my car Auto-Xing car as soon as I get it set-up right (suspension and little more Ummph power) and another car that I can rely on. ;) I gotta find an Auto-Xing events in DFW and Little Rock.
                              <i>00\' NBM Firebird~T-5<br />60\': <b>2.29 sec.</b><br />1/4: <b>14.7 @ 95.5 MPH<br />Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for me.</b></i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X