could you have been an olympian....? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

could you have been an olympian....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could you have been an olympian....?

had you kept with a certain sport, or gotten more training or coaching?

I really think I coulda played baseball (despite the fact that the US team didn't make it... :rolleyes: ) had I stuck with the game after highschool and got the college coaching that I didn't get for not playin in college....

oh, and badminton. I saw the gold medal game, and I know I'd lose to those guys, but it wouldn't be too terribly ugly.
    2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Not sure, I was pretty good at Shot Put, (yeah a greco roman style sport) Our football coaches made us do another sport during the off season, most of us did wrestling, but the rolling around with other guys, and of course, wrestling is probably one of the most physically demanding sports around, I woudl only wrestle for the pre-season, then went over to track.

But ended up I was good at shot put, Varsity 4 years in a row, senior year came in 1st in districts, and just barely lost it in regionals. I had thrown throws in competition that woudl have put me up to states, and some of my better throws in competition woudl have had me place in states, but you only get 3 throws, if you are having an off day, your screwed [img]smile.gif[/img]

I was good at football, went to states twice won our senior year. BUt glad I stopped that after high school. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ August 23, 2004, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: MustangEater8251 ]

Comment

no.

Comment

is band a sport in the olympics? if not, then no. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

i would have to say baseball. since i was basically born with a glove in my hand and played for nearly 12 to 13 years of my life. I stopped after highschool because i was stupid... I've been thinking about getting back into it.
          96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler:
            i would have to say baseball. since i was basically born with a glove in my hand and played for nearly 12 to 13 years of my life. I stopped after highschool because i was stupid... I've been thinking about getting back into it.
            what position(s) did you play?
            hit for power or contact? switch or one way?
            base stealer?
            2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

weight lifting maybe. i dunno if they have a weight class my small though lol. but if they did, id be really far up there. i havent met a single person my weight who is stronger than me, and i train my *** off (literally, it makes me sick how much i train)

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
                Not sure, I was pretty good at Shot Put, (yeah a greco roman style sport) Our football coaches made us do another sport during the off season, most of us did wrestling, but the rolling around with other guys, and of course, wrestling is probably one of the most physically demanding sports around, I woudl only wrestle for the pre-season, then went over to track.

But ended up I was good at shot put, Varsity 4 years in a row, senior year came in 1st in districts, and just barely lost it in regionals. I had thrown throws in competition that woudl have put me up to states, and some of my better throws in competition woudl have had me place in states, but you only get 3 throws, if you are having an off day, your screwed [img]smile.gif[/img]

I was good at football, went to states twice won our senior year. BUt glad I stopped that after high school. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                How far you throw? My best is 49ft 6.5in. Not too bad, i love throwing.
                I speak the truth, I say what other don\'t say.<br />I am a ***.

Comment

Taekwon-Do... I train occasionally with some olympic alternates, and I have beaten numerous kids in their up-and-comers training program. If I really focused on it I could make the olympic team.
                  1994 Pontiac Firebird 3.4L V6

Comment

thoug hthe us was game game away from gold they haven't play yet
                    www.turbov6camaro.com
                    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

i could have gone for ballroom dancing but i tore a ligament...

Comment

Originally posted by BobsSilverSix:
                        How far you throw? My best is 49ft 6.5in. Not too bad, i love throwing. [/QB]
                        My best in a competition was a 51'2, farthest throw ever, was 54'5" but was in a practice.

I averaged the 48-50 area in competitions... if I threw today, I'd likely fault and be lucky to hit low 40s.

did you do discus? I sucked for a long long time like 100 footers, then one day I sort of jsut clicked, and got better, I think my best was like 140, but that was practice I was in the 120s in most competitions when I actualy got "competable" with it.

I enjoyed it too... only thing I thought was wierd is byt the end of the season, my right arm and chest were noticeable bigger then my left side.

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
                          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BobsSilverSix:
                          How far you throw? My best is 49ft 6.5in. Not too bad, i love throwing.
                          My best in a competition was a 51'2, farthest throw ever, was 54'5" but was in a practice.

I averaged the 48-50 area in competitions... if I threw today, I'd likely fault and be lucky to hit low 40s.

did you do discus? I sucked for a long long time like 100 footers, then one day I sort of jsut clicked, and got better, I think my best was like 140, but that was practice I was in the 120s in most competitions when I actualy got "competable" with it.

I enjoyed it too... only thing I thought was wierd is byt the end of the season, my right arm and chest were noticeable bigger then my left side. [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]i was pretty small (weight wise) when i did shotput and discuss. farthest for shot was only like 35'. discuss, was only like 113. i sucked at that.

when i was younger i was a fuggin ace @ taekwando. i have a ton of trophies, including 2nd in nationals [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

right now my sport of choice is rowing. im a little on the short side for that sport (im 6'1) but im pretty good at it. had i started rowing earlier then it would be a diff story
                          I guess I\'d have answer your question with another question.<br /><br />How many Abidiginals do you see in modeling??????<br /><br />headers, 3inch magnaflow cat, Loudmouth<br />99 Midnight Blue Firebird<br />3.8L A4

Comment

I'd have to say yes to tennis because I was #4 in the nation at one point, everyone that I grew up and played with is now professional and 3 of them are on the Olympic Team for this year.... so yes.
                            2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
                            Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

Hah, your olympic Tennis team got owned...

Cp

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X