Thieves Steal Engine From Woman's Mustang - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thieves Steal Engine From Woman's Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thieves Steal Engine From Woman's Mustang

I thought some of you guys might like this recent article.
    ----------------------

BUNKER HILL, W.Va. (AP) - Julie Slye didn't know the engine of her Ford Mustang was being stolen until the thieves took the hood. Slye and her boyfriend had spent six years putting together the eight-cylinder custom engine, she said Thursday as she thumbed through a scrapbook filled with pictures of the 1989 Mustang's 5.0 block.

She noticed something was amiss on Aug. 13 when she walked outside of her home.

"That's when I noticed the hood was gone," Slye said.

Slye estimates the parts to be worth about $2,500. But the "sentimental value" is worth much more, she said.

"They stripped the whole thing down to the block," she said. "They just took everything."

The only portions of the refinishing job not yet completed were a new hood and a paint job for the car, she said. Now she has a new hood, but she's decided not to go ahead with a paint job unless the engine is recovered.

"I was just thinking why in the world would someone do this to my car?" she said. "I've heard of people breaking into cars and stealing radios, a wallet or a pocketbook, you know, but I've never heard of something like what happened to me."

Slye has put up signs asking for anybody who has information about the heist to come forward. She also said she might consider an amnesty if the stolen parts are simply returned.

"I just want my stuff back," she said.

so let me get this straight... she leaves the car outside and somebody just kinda... takes the engine? BAAAHAHAHHA. wouldn't that suck, walk into walmart and come out, try to start your car and when nothing happens you pop the hood and your engine isn't even there.
    1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Comment

can you say hood lock
      www.turbov6camaro.com
      1997 3800 Series II Camaro
      4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
      7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
      11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

I used to steal LS1 engines, put them in my back pocket them and sell them on ebay.
        2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

Seems like it would be a lot easier to steal expensive paintings from a museum in Norway than to steal a car engine.
          I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
          CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
          FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Seems like it would be a lot easier to steal expensive paintings from a museum in Norway than to steal a car engine.
            lol [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
            99 WS6
            13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
            tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

why would you want to burn a oil dripping piece..
              New:04 GMC Sierra 1500 RCLB 4x4 5.3 GU80 3.73\'s.<br />Truck pics<br />Mods<br />Go fast: Panel K&N filter and soon SS truck catback.<br />Appearance: Stull Billet grill,Weston Chrome step tubes,Rhino Chrome hitch step,ARE painted fiberglass cover,Silver star lighting.

Comment

What the...

How the hell...

Seriously, how the hell do you steal a damn engine?

The article said they left the block...ok...but how do you take a set of heads off without someone noticing? I mean...seriously. I'm baffled.
                <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Originally posted by daxdie:

Slye has put up signs asking for anybody who has information about the heist to come forward.
                  signs? [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] That's hillarious I can just see every utility pole in town with a black-&-white picture of an engine that reads "MISSING ENGINE"
                  2006 Tiburon

Comment

Originally posted by nda0602v6:
                    I can just see every utility pole in town with a black-&-white picture of an engine that reads "MISSING ENGINE"
                    [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

that sucks so bad. you guys should be in fear of someone stealing your stuff instead of laughing
                      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Yeah I agree it sucks but the article made it sound like she lost a little puppy or something. Sounds like she really worshipped that engine [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] I just hope her insurance covered some of the loss.

The thief's had to have access to the car for quite some time I would think in order to tear it down to the block.
                        2006 Tiburon

Comment

it doesnt take that long to tear it down really. just the tools and one night

Comment

I couldn't imagine working on an engine in pitch black darkness.
                            2006 Tiburon

Comment

thats what the small mag lights are for ;)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X