Ew. Just Ew.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ew. Just Ew.

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong, but I can't get over how bad the new GTO's look. Sure, they have a flare the old ones didn't, but I can't get over how un-muscle they look.

Maybe its my bitterness towadrs the death of the F-Body and rise of the F'ing Ugly Body, but I can't help but think this was a huge mistake on Pontiac's part.

I see old body Grand Am's driving around with punk kids in them with hood scoops identical to this, and the GTO in this auction looks just like those grand ams, I think...I dunno if I wuold even notice the difference.

Ugly GTO Scoops

What does everyone else think? Hit or miss? I consider the car a Pontiac, but refuse to acknowledge it as a GTO...it looks too much like rice for a GTO.
    Hit
    100.00%
    Miss
    0.00%
    Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

kinda got a stretched civic/monte carlo look to it from the side....i agree its not the best looking american car there is. Time for a 2nd gen GTO already
    Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

I've heard speculation that the next major body change is in 2007.
      Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

Comment

Reminds me of a 97 monte carlo or a lumina from back then... its ok but i think they shoulda made a better body style- something that grabs your attention.
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/maleet\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Silver Firebird</a> <br />Basic mods... nothing real special but it sure looks good!<br /><a href=\"http://www.maleetpobanz.com\" target=\"_blank\">maleetpobanz.com</a>

Comment

looks like a GrandAm or a Prix, sick, a muscle car should never look like a family 4dr, it needs to be sexy, like a 93+ ta or me for that matter
          99 WS6
          13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
          tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

If anyone here actually knows what a GTO was then they would be very happy about the new one. Get a pic of the original GTO and then compare it to a pic of a Tempest from the same year. The GTO never looked very much different than the common cars of the day.
            Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

I like the new GTO, it didn't strike me as gorgeous as the future Solstice but I'd buy one if I had the money! I've seen a few up close and the interior is orgasmic, especially the color matched ones! And the stock exhaust rumbler is saaweet! I'm just waiting for the return of the Judge and a hood tach!
              2002 Black Firebird:<br />A4, Y87, W68, T-tops<br />Best NA ET: 15.16 @ 90<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02</a>

Comment

Originally posted by HAZ-Matt:
                If anyone here actually knows what a GTO was then they would be very happy about the new one. Get a pic of the original GTO and then compare it to a pic of a Tempest from the same year. The GTO never looked very much different than the common cars of the day.
                You're asking a lot.
                The bastardification of Third & Fourth gen cars.

Comment

I like it.
                  I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                  CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                  FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

There is only one exhaust pipe. What is to be happy about that?

I'm not saying it's a nice looking car, I just don't think it screams for nearly the attention it should (like Trans Am's and Camaro's did)

Comment

It's true duals, and for 2005 there it will exit both sides as well...

i had one rev on me going the other way yesterday.

[img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] sounded good
                      2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazing_Firebird:
                        I've heard speculation that the next major body change is in 2007.
                        they are going to change it. the GTO will get the camaro chassie and just an all together overhaul [img]smile.gif[/img]
                        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

pontiac did exactly what they did last time. it is a big family car with a fast engine and it resembles every other car. if you dont like it. stop praising the original GTO.
                          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I don't think there is a single car to make some people happy. The GTO is very badass, just because it's not a Firebird or Camaro dosen't mean it sucks, yes it does look like a Gran Prix but who gives a ****, it's not a Grand Prix.
                            I speak the truth, I say what other don\'t say.<br />I am a ***.

Comment

wow thats only like 20 mins away from me....now only if I had $20000
                              Ben<br /><br />1995 White/Black 3.4L<br />As far away from stock as possible<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=288292\" target=\"_blank\">My Site!!!</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.redlinevsix.com\" target=\"_blank\">RedLineV6</a><br />Rebuild and 3.4 T70 Turbo is complete<br />Details to come....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X