0w-30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0w-30?

What do you guys think. Is this better than the 10w 30 that the 4th gen normally use?

I’d just use what the manufacturer recommends. In a hot state where it doesn’t get to cold, 5w30 wouldn’t be bad. Checkout Amsoil site they have the temperatures and what’s recommended.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Unless you are operating in extremely cold climates, there is no point in running 0W30 and it is actually worse at hotter temperatures.

If you want something better than off the shelf conventional / synthetic oil I would look at Amsoil's signature series. That's what I run in my Camaro (I run their OE stuff in my truck)

This is Amsoils 5W30 Signature series and their 10W30 Signature series

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Thanks Mike had it backwards. I use Amsoil 10w30 in the Camaro and Buick and 5w30 in my truck. Use the signature series. Do yearly oil changes since the each vehicle gets driven less than 5k a year. Also use their oil filters. It’s a bit ovekill but I’d rather be safe than sorry. The oil still looks good after a year also.
        Last edited by ssms5411; 03-06-2020, 08:23 PM.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Oh, thanks. They're sending me their brochure in the mail. I'm ordering their 10w 30 and I'll probably get the KnN oil filter.

Comment

Nice! If you order more than 1 case of 12 quarts a year I recommend you sign up as a preferred customer as you will save yourself some money.

I have a dealer account with them so I can always help you out as well if you have any questions!

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
              Nice! If you order more than 1 case of 12 quarts a year I recommend you sign up as a preferred customer as you will save yourself some money.

I have a dealer account with them so I can always help you out as well if you have any questions!
              That’s so true, I saved $160 on one of my purchases as a preferred customer, before that I was going through Mike for years. Edgar I would recommend Amsoil oil filter over K&N depending on how often you change the oil. I only do it once a year and about 5-6k miles a year.

Comment

Thanks Mike. Will do Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                  Thanks Mike. Will do Steve.
                  In case you need the link to sign up as a preferred customer you can do it through this here: https://www.amsoil.com/offers/index....px/?zo=1907169

Just click on the join now beside the "learn more" button about half way down the page.

If you need to try and cost out if it is worth it shoot me a PM with what you want to get and I can price it both ways for you.

Comment

I ordered my series a couple of days ago and I mentioned this site and you, Mike.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                      Hello everyone!
                      by Andy H
                      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X