Wrecked my Camaro!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrecked my Camaro!

I bought this car new and this is the first time it has been wrecked! Luckily I think I can fix it. Probably gonna try to find a roller to use to fix it.
    Attached Files
    2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5
    Flowmaster 80 series muffler, B&M ripper shifter, SLP grille

That sucks , was everyone alright? Looks like it can be fixed pretty easy, so what happened?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

That sucks :(
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        That sucks , was everyone alright? Looks like it can be fixed pretty easy, so what happened?
        Yeah, no one was injured. Apparently the sun got in someone's eyes and they decided to slam on their brakes. It caused a chain reaction and I was the only lucky person who rear ended someone. I didn't have full coverage so I am gonna have to fix it myself.
        2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5

Comment

Well that's good, they would total it if it had full coverage anyway, looks like a hood, bumper and headlight, not too bad. Bumper could be buffed out and repainted it looks like. You could go with aftermarket hood and headlights, perfect time to upgrade.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

glad everyone was ok...did the frame get damaged or just bumper/hood/fender?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Main thing is you're ok and the car is not a total lost.

Comment

I believe the frame is ok. Just need a bumper, fender, hood and headlight. I'm having a hard time finding body parts at local junkyards here. May have to go with aftermarket.
                2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5

Comment

You can check all junkyards through this: http://www.car-part.com

you’ll have way better luck finding parts that way

Comment

Or try Ebay, I've had good luck with them, craigslist is another.

Comment

About a year ago, I picked up a fender and a hood from Hawks' Motorsports. I planned on getting them painted since the fender was blue and the hood was black. However, last week I finally found a 2001 Camaro the same color as mine. The guy was parting it out. I picked up the hood, front bumper, driver's side front fender, and back bumper all for $200! Here's some updated pics.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171228_172714969_HDR.jpg
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	1573258
                      this from a year ago

And here it is today!

Name:	IMG_20190310_193834222~2.jpg
Size:	401.3 KB
ID:	1573259
                      2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5

Comment

Sweet, looks great, glad you could fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy H View Post
                          About a year ago, I picked up a fender and a hood from Hawks' Motorsports. I planned on getting them painted since the fender was blue and the hood was black. However, last week I finally found a 2001 Camaro the same color as mine. The guy was parting it out. I picked up the hood, front bumper, driver's side front fender, and back bumper all for $200! Here's some updated pics.

Name:	IMG_20171228_172714969_HDR.jpg
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	1573258
                          this from a year ago

And here it is today!

Name:	IMG_20190310_193834222~2.jpg
Size:	401.3 KB
ID:	1573259
                          Wow, looks really good. Like nothing happened.

Comment

Best possible outcome! Glad you got it back to the way she used to look!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                              Hello everyone!
                              by Andy H
                              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                              3 weeks ago
                            • 3.4 slow to go
                              hey there strangers!
                              by 3.4 slow to go
                              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X